What are you drinking?

Guest alex

Definitely growing on me. St Peters Ruby Red is currently my favourite bought bottle tipple, but this is pushing it close. :)

I don't recommend more than 4 in one session, and that's possibly pushing it. Gets quite sickly, as well as the emphatic inebriation.

Just got in and slapped in some Fish Fingers for tea and poured myself a glass of McEwans Champion.

It was a new bottle I picked up to try and didnt realise it was 7.3% !!!

Anyway, quite a nice quenching drink but possibly a tad too sweet.

Cracking ale that, CT. Definitely one to just have on a night where you're in the house and not set on drinking much.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to have a pop at my own chilli vodka as I've got a chilli plant with loads of chillies on it atm. Hopefully it'll turn out as well as 2J's Skittles-flavoured effort.

Worked my way through a duty-free bottle of Jura Diurach's Own (with a friend!) over four nights on holiday. Very, very nice indeed. Easy drinking.

JuRA16.jpg

http://www.aspiringgentleman.com/scotch/scotch-reviews/isle-of-jura-diurachs-own-16-years/

Very nice drop that. Nice and smooth. Good value too.

I'm currently drinking a double espresso from Monmouth - best coffee shop in London, bar none.

irish_red3.jpg

Got one of these for my birthday.

Certainly the finest whiskey I've had, well worth a look if your wallet/loved one is up to it.

Tell you what's well nice btw, Sainsbury's do a Taste the Difference 8 year old Single Irish Malt for about £20. In fact, all their taste the difference range of booze is nice / good value, especially the spirits. Their Islay Malt is lush and not bad at all for around £20 also. You'd pay at least a £10 more for any other 12 y.o. Islay Single Malt. I think it might be a Caol Ila.

Tell you what's well nice btw, Sainsbury's do a Taste the Difference 8 year old Single Irish Malt for about £20. In fact, all their taste the difference range of booze is nice / good value, especially the spirits. Their Islay Malt is lush and not bad at all for around £20 also. You'd pay at least a £10 more for any other 12 y.o. Islay Single Malt. I think it might be a Caol Ila.

Aye, I have been enjoying their TTD 5yo French Brandy, which, as you say, is far better than anything in its price range.

Had a few cheeky drams of this last night

rlnob.12yo.jpg

today I've been drinking water, Berrocca, coffee, tea and more water :cantlook: