What are you drinking?

Guest alex

Me an Jules are making up some white russian cocktails.

1 part vodka

1 part kahlua

1 part cream

Bit of cocoa powder and cinnammon sprinkled on top to garnish.

Little bit pissed atm. :D

Sounds lush. McGuigan Estate shiraz here.

Me an Jules are making up some white russian cocktails.

1 part vodka

1 part kahlua

1 part cream

Bit of cocoa powder and cinnammon sprinkled on top to garnish.

Little bit pissed atm. :D

The dude abides! One of my favourite easy drinking cocktails, the wife loves them.

Tonight I have had enjoyed a couple of old fashioned cocktails, a superb dry Reisling from Alsace with dinner and a wee dram night cap.

The dude abides! One of my favourite easy drinking cocktails, the wife loves them.

Tonight I have had enjoyed a couple of old fashioned cocktails, a superb dry Reisling from Alsace with dinner and a wee dram night cap.

I love a dry Riesling. :)

I don't normally like fruit ciders but I tried passionfruit Rekorderlig last night. Not bad just for one, would get a bit sickly drinking a lot of it though.

• 2 weeks later...

Uh-oh - I've got the espresso part of my hefty old Krups coffee machine working again. This will totally turn me into the kind of person who grinds his own coffee beans*. :(

*not a euphemism, though I also masturbate

I am drinking water. Lots of water and juice.

oh as an aside, if you all could keep it down, that'd be great. :cantlook:

Edited by The Fish

This bad boy is, as you old skool North East drinkers will know, a famous beer name:

WP_000466_zps0b4b95ab.jpg

made in Houghton, must be where the old head brewer from Vaux set up his micro outfit.... Double Maxims were,despite the obvious tramp connection, much underrated iyam.....this is canny too...hoppy as a bag of frogs :good:

Its American IPA, a bit like Goose Island...but not as much as this stuff, which is another IPA, this time brewed in Cornwall.....

WP_000467_zps896988a0.jpg

Both available in Sainsburys, its a sort of popularity contest for ale...they dont usually stock either, but the one that sells the most stays on the shelves. Not sure how long the gig is running, got these two last weekend, theres dozens to try :thumbup:

I've some fosters cans and some budweiser bottles in the fridge as I officially come down from 36 hours work interspersed with the odd few hours sleep. Nothing special about the drink it's just cold, wet and cheap, a bit like going to a home game twenty plus year ago. :D

Tried many beers while in Berlin:

Paulaner Oktoberfest bier

Berliner Kindl
Duckstein
Berliner Pils
Georgbraeu
Schöfferhofer Weizen
Berliner Kindl Weiss (with various flavoured syrups)
Warsteiner
Wulle Biere
Schultheiss
Engelhardt
Brauhaus Mitte something or other
Erdinger Kristallweizen
Gaffel Kölsch
Louny Böhm
Brauhaus Lemke Weizen
Brauhaus Lemke original
Radeburger
Bohemia Hell
Köstritzer schwarzbier

+ a few mojitos and the occasional cider/glass of wine.

Spelling may be a bit incorrect on some of those, was hastily making notes in my phone at times.

This bad boy is, as you old skool North East drinkers will know, a famous beer name:

WP_000466_zps0b4b95ab.jpg

made in Houghton, must be where the old head brewer from Vaux set up his micro outfit.... Double Maxims were,despite the obvious tramp connection, much underrated iyam.....this is canny too...hoppy as a bag of frogs :good:

Was I the only one who thought those elephants were high heels? :whistle:

Also the white russians are lovely. Can get them in revolution called a russian bride i think. The trick Brock, is to use vanilla vodka - makes them even nicer

:good:

Any favourite?

I think my favourite overall was the Brauhaus Lemke Weizen as I really liked their pub as well, it was exactly my sort of place. The original was nice too - although it was darker than I thought it wasn't too heavy. Also liked Schöfferhofer Weizen, Erdinger Kristallweizen and my well-hidden girly side loved Berliner Weiss with blackcurrant/raspberry flavouring.

Special mention to the 1L serving of Paulaner Oktoberfest which I needed both hands to drink :lol: and also to the Köstritzer black beer which I shouldn't have judged based on its appearance because it was a lot nicer than I expected.

I'll keep an eye out for it. I made an effort to keep a list this time as I liked loads of the things I tried in Bruges as well but then promptly came home and forgot all of my favourites.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a few days in Amsterdam, anyone who goes over there needs to get to the beer temple, over 50 beers on tap including their own stuff and over 100 bottles mainly american but it's the best bar I've ever been to, decent music aswell

M&S do a nice Chablis from Brocard. I was in Chablis in April, bought 12 bottles for keeping and 6 to drink. Wasn't that impressed by the organic stuff I tasted at Brocard though. Mind I was canny pissed at the time. They do sell a lot if it in the UK apparently.

Splashed out 45 a bottle for the grand cru, sounds a lot but is actually good value. By far my favourite white wine, its all about the 'minerality'. The grand crus are like drinking silk.

• 2 weeks later...