What are you drinking?

Guest alex

Don't say I never give you nowt :)

Bullhorn gets its name from superstitious Cornish tin miners. If they met a snail on their way to work, they avoided bad luck by giving it some of their dinner or a little tallow from their lanterns. Bullhorn was the nickname given to snails, because of their horn like antenna.

Don't say I never give you nowt :)

Bullhorn gets its name from superstitious Cornish tin miners. If they met a snail on their way to work, they avoided bad luck by giving it some of their dinner or a little tallow from their lanterns. Bullhorn was the nickname given to snails, because of their horn like antenna.

Aye I read that on the bottle, thanks. :razz:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

McEwans Champion

After a gruelling weekend of back to back double shifts it's fair to say Ive gagging for this since lunchtime.

Had a gruelling house husband day on top of that so taking an hour out in the bath before our lass goes to Bingo.

She has kindly filled the cupboard with Asdas Real Ale 4 for a fiver special offer so I have a few unusual ones to try whilst watching Fatherland.

Ye kna what's shite? Sambuca. Ye kna what I buy at about half 1 in the morning that tips me over into being mortal? Sambuca. There should be a picture of my face in every bar in the town and they shouldn't sell it to me if I walk in.

It's rank stuff, it has no redeeming features, apart from the potential for giving third degree burns to pissed up arseholes.

I'd wager no one has ever drunk it sober.

BaPtqnUIgAAzS0E.jpg

Not that I'm actually drinking either (the one on the right just arrived today anyway). Gifts from a very generous friend that I'll save for an occasion that isn't "sitting in front of telly while replying to a CT thread on my phone". :)

BaPtqnUIgAAzS0E.jpg

Not that I'm actually drinking either (the one on the right just arrived today anyway). Gifts from a very generous friend that I'll save for an occasion that isn't "sitting in front of telly while replying to a CT thread on my phone". :)

Can I come round and have a try? of the whisky, I mean.

I was in world of whisky in terminal 4 at heathrow yesterday, got a 15 year old Dalmore and a 19 year old bourbon cask aged Glenfiddich from their Age of Discovery brand.

Making a Thai curry tonight, got a nice bottle of Faugeres, which is a languedoc red to go with it. Has a nice blend of grapes to set off the blend of flavours in the curry. Think I'm too wrecked to appreciate it though, battered from a hectic week.

• 2 weeks later...