What are you drinking?

Guest alex

well yes, i try to call it a night when i hear myself turning into a slurring moron. the problem is it's less noticeable when you're in a big group of slurring morons.

Aye, there's occasionally the cringing moment the next morning when you realise you spent half an hour talking utter shite to someone who wasn't drinking.

Aye, there's occasionally the cringing moment the next morning when you realise you spent half an hour talking utter shite to someone who wasn't drinking.

yup, or on a night of work drinks when someone way comes along after staying on late. my new rule is to avoid small talk with senior colleagues when at least 4 or 5 pints ahead. been there before. not great when you get flashbacks of drunken conversations the following morning.

I'm trying to get into the habit of a couple of pints, a couple of shorts stretched out over 4 hours. I reckon that's a decent amount of time to be out be it weekend or school night, decent amount of drunk and no hangover.

Trouble is Uni mates; You don't see them for a while, one shows up early, so you have a pint over lunch, the other turns up after a bit and you three have a bit of an afternoon session. As they turn up throughout the day, it turns into an all day session and you wake the following day, tongue carpetted, head pounding, remnants of some sandwich you've drunkenly created last night on your floor, your face is grey and with the jaundice round your eyes that you know you should probably talk to your doctor about but are afraid of what he might tell you... and the inexplicable desire to watch Pixar movies from under a blanket all day.

I thought that might not be right so I googled it and it said "like a wind blowing strongly", so I thought that'll do if its wrong :lol:

You meant withering, Shirley