What are you drinking?

Guest alex

Good to see somethings don't change.

Northern Monk is really good, for what it's worth and the venue was amazing. We paid to hire the place for the Saturday evening, but anything we spent at the bar was deducted from the total.

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2019 at 18:40, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: Welcome back, Fish.

Cheers,

Had less time to spend on here due to work, and the arrival of a little Fish on June 27th

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2019 at 04:33, Gemmill said:

Congratulations fuckface. Let's leave it at that though eh, there's an overpopulation crisis. 

No plans to burden the world any more, this one's enough at the minute.

13 hours ago, The Fish said:

No plans to burden the world any more, this one's enough at the minute.

Hope everything's settling down and you're enjoying your new family, Fish. :good:

(Not sure I got round to congratulating you both?)

8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Hope everything's settling down and you're enjoying your new family, Fish. :good:

(Not sure I got round to congratulating you both?)

It's hard, but brilliant. Much like my wang about a year ago :good:

Fuck me, Nurseries are expensive!

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Alex said:

Woodford Reserve Straight Rye makes a bloody lovely Old Fashioned 

True dat. The original and greatest cocktail.

I was on the Cardhu gold reserve last night. Lovely drop but a bit too easy drinking and has left me feeling a little cloudy this morning.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

True dat. The original and greatest cocktail.

I was on the Cardhu gold reserve last night. Lovely drop but a bit too easy drinking and has left me feeling a little cloudy this morning.

I normally opt for a rum Old Fashioned. If you fancy a variation from your norm Mount Gay Black Barrel makes a really good one without breaking the bank (Amazon Prime often have it on sale for about £20). I also go for half and half Angostura and orange bitters 

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

I normally opt for a rum Old Fashioned. If you fancy a variation from your norm Mount Gay Black Barrel makes a really good one without breaking the bank (Amazon Prime often have it on sale for about £20). I also go for half and half Angostura and orange bitters 

Never tried a rum old fashioned. Good shout. Usually use Bourbon. Always felt like a waste of good scotch to mix it in a cocktail though I quite like a rusty nail

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Never tried a rum old fashioned. Good shout. Usually use Bourbon. Always felt like a waste of good scotch to mix it in a cocktail though I quite like a rusty nail

Yeah, a Rusty Nail is really nice, especially at this time of year. Easy on the Drambuie though. I’d go 4:1 scotch / Drambuie. Another similar drink is a Corn n Oil. Make sure you use a decent aged Barbados rum (a proper one made, aged and bottled on the island, ie not Plantation). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I am after a nice bottle of red wine for Christmas.  Any wine drinkers in here?

I like;

Malbec

Chianti

Valopullicehli

Aldi and Lidl do some great ones at this time of year. I use the former more. They do a really decent Argentinian Malbec and a Valpolicella Ripasso (both part of their Exquisite Selection). Also they’ve got a fantastic Tasmanian Pinot Noir in for about a tenner if you fancy something a bit different. They’ve even got Chianti in an old skool bottle in a basket

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Aldi and Lidl do some great ones at this time of year. I use the former more. They do a really decent Argentinian Malbec and a Valpolicella Ripasso (both part of their Exquisite Selection). Also they’ve got a fantastic Tasmanian Pinot Noir in for about a tenner if you fancy something a bit different. They’ve even got Chianti in an old skool bottle in a basket

Top man, will have a gander this evening.

A mate of mine who's family have a restaurant locally gave me a bottle of 2014 Les Pagodes de Cos.  I daren't even open it!

30 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Top man, will have a gander this evening.

A mate of mine who's family have a restaurant locally gave me a bottle of 2014 Les Pagodes de Cos.  I daren't even open it!

You should investigate when it’ll be at its best. No point in keeping it after it starts going downhill 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

You should investigate when it’ll be at its best. No point in keeping it after it starts going downhill 

Absolutely, I was given a bottle of £350 wine a few years ago, which frightened the life out of me :lol:

I went on some wine forum and the overwhelming opinion was “drink it” along with great suggestions of what to eat with it. 

Get it down you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I am after a nice bottle of red wine for Christmas.  Any wine drinkers in here?

I like;

Malbec

Chianti

Valopullicehli

I'd get yourself a nice bottle of Malbec, Chianti or Valopullicehli. 

• Haha 3