What are you drinking?

Guest alex

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
Quite a range indeed. What did you pick? 

DTBECK.jpg

A few I've had before, several I haven't, plus the """G'n'T""" for the hell of it. :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 27/03/2020 at 19:02, Monkeys Fist said:

sie060-5521259@2x.jpg

Haven’t been able to get Sierra Nevada around our way for ages. My absolute favourite tipple 😩

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Haven’t been able to get Sierra Nevada around our way for ages. My absolute favourite tipple 😩

I can get it in all the supermarkets up here- certainly Sainsburys, Asda and Morrisons. 
Try online from one of them? 

19 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I can get it in all the supermarkets up here- certainly Sainsburys, Asda and Morrisons. 
Try online from one of them? 

It’s not been at ocado for ages, can’t be arsed with the queues at my local Sainsbury’s. 

@Alex - I don’t mind Goose but it’s a bit heavy on the hops for my tastes, SN is more subtle. Have been drinking Camden Pale, which is at ocado and is a nice enough easy-drinking drop, though lacks the same depth.  

Goose Island did another pale ale that was not quite as full on. Might have been one of their ‘seasonal’ ones that was a limited edition though. Their wheat beer is really nice too

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Alex said:

Try Goose Island IPA if you can’t get Sierra Nevada. Also in loads of supermarkets now 

Local Tesco sold that and it went down lovely. Also got a Northern Monk Faith.

Just received my Beer52 crate

EZCVXiVWoAE0wea?format=jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Got one of them and it was alright, I suppose. Slightly more annoyed when I realised you have to ring them to cancel your subscription.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

So, do you adopt a Praying Mantis stance to type on your set up? :lol:

( Northern Monk do lovely beer :good: ) 

19 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So, do you adopt a Praying Mantis stance to type on your set up? :lol:

( Northern Monk do lovely beer :good: ) 

That's the Mrs' setup, as you could tell if you could see the potted succulent and scented candle. Mine is out of shot to the left of the box of beer, a hint to the state of it is the scrawled notes on the notebook and the errant lead.

Northern Monk Brewery was where we celebrated our wedding. Yes, I successfully organised a piss-up in a brewery.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

That's the Mrs' setup, as you could tell if you could see the potted succulent and scented candle. Mine is out of shot to the left of the box of beer, a hint to the state of it is the scrawled notes on the notebook and the errant lead.

Northern Monk Brewery was where we celebrated our wedding. Yes, I successfully organised a piss-up in a brewery.

Me too. On several occasions.

(Narrator: He worked at a brewery). ;)

• Haha 3

Wor lass has been to B&M’s. I don’t drink much lager these days but when the fuck did Lowenbrau become 3.5% abv? I might as well drink Bass shandy 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

The beers I bought from Northern Alchemy were both 3.9%. 
I know comparing them to Lowenbrau is a bit daft, but they’re fucking amazing beers, and I can have 3-4 glasses without tripping over the kids :lol:

Piss weak beers are the way to go! 

( Having said that, I’ve just ordered a keg of 6.9% Oatmeal IPA from the same brewer, so bollocks to the above :lol:). 

I was at the takeaway the other day and I said to the bloke behind the counter - here mate do you ever get any Chinese Jews? He went out the back for about 30 seconds and came back and said - we only have apple juice and orange juice 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

I think high abv nearly always improves taste, for lagers or IPA anyway. Stella Artois tasted much better when it was stronger. I was in the Rainforest cafe near piccadilly just before this kicked off. As an aside, it's shit and a rip off if you haven't been, resist going. Anyway, the Stella there was 3.5%! Fuck off man. 

Back in the day I remember as a student I tried to get pissed on Trent bitter. Think it was 3.5% abv. Impossible task, 15 cans later I was still sobre as a judge but needing the bog every 5 minutes. I don't think it's possible to get drunk on beer that weak.