What are you drinking?

Guest alex

• 6 months later...

Got some pizzas from Pizzeria Italia at Four Lane Ends, and had to get a couple of these to have with…

8207862D-08A9-4043-8654-7CE59E3DDFE0.thumb.jpeg.cb0d1a050691d8db3aeb70fb7c136e95.jpeg

its a very nice, hoppy Sardinian lager.

And, now that I’ve got the thirst, I’m cracking one of these…

0EB12595-888B-4173-8B60-0B22C4CAA26B.thumb.jpeg.05061c1cde73e57e6e728f529352cac5.jpeg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

After a long, hot and pleasantly fragrant (due to my impeccable hygiene) day driving around the upper Tyne valley, I’m having this in the garden whilst shithousing the mutt. 
F0774B7C-3226-4013-AC1E-C24EEB21E5E9.thumb.jpeg.0e2f93a5d7d23c2604669bd30c4b2567.jpeg

Note; only after necking it did I remember it’s 10.7% :lol:

Oops.
Thankfully the remaining cans in the fridge are session ales. 

I know it’s probably the last thing on your mind right now, but there are some very nice alcohol-free beers knocking about. 
@Meenzer is probably better placed to advise, but staying off the peeve mightn’t necessarily mean you can never have a beer again, just have one of the booze free ones?  

I buy them fairly regularly so I can have cold one of an evening if I’m working the next day and they’re really nice.

I don’t know if this will help or hinder you, or if the right time to say so, so feel free to tell me to fuck right off :lol:, I just thought it might be a little light in the storm. 

• Like 4

Aye, they're tons better than they used to be, and plenty of properly 0.0% ones if you feel like 0.5% is too much like a cop-out (at least for now).

Obviously the shops have an increasingly decent range, but I've also always had decent service from https://drydrinker.com/ where you can pick & mix a case of all kinds of ridiculous hipster brews to make your fridge/shelves look pretty. :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, strawb said:

I’m having an ice cold can of Stella. Been off the booze for a while, and there is no better return than a nice tasteless utility lager

Stella was my beer of choice in the 90s/00s until they fucked about with the abv. Never tasted the same since.

I can’t really get on with many lagers now there are so many good pale ales to choose from.