What are you drinking?

Guest alex

Carling seems to have a 'special' ingredient whereby you piss out about 3 pints for every 1 you drink. You could just drink that piss I suppose and save money whilst getting a similar taste experience. British beer at its most bland, which is saying something.

Edited by alex

Carling seems to have a 'special' ingredient whereby you piss out about 3 pints for every 1 you drink. You could just drink that piss I suppose and save money whilst getting a similar taste experience. British beer at its most bland, which is saying something.

no bad heed, no pisses in the night, grotty mouth this morning.

It was all worth it!!!!!

;)

I don't know, "bland" implies "inoffensive" and that's the last thing I'd call the taste of Carling.

Good point. Biggest selling lager in the UK as well I'd say, at a guess. Sums the country up iyam. ;)

no bad heed, no pisses in the night, grotty mouth this morning.

It was all worth it!!!!!

;)

Did it get you pissed though? ;)

Carling is the worst lager I've ever had. To think at one time it was by far and away the main lager in pubs (mid 90s), and by far Britain's best selling beer. It got to the stage I was literally sick of it, I would throw up after a mouthful it was that awful.

Carling is the worst lager I've ever had. To think at one time it was by far and away the main lager in pubs (mid 90s), and by far Britain's best selling beer. It got to the stage I was literally sick of it, I would throw up after a mouthful it was that awful.

Aye, the draught stuff is even worse than the cans. I've noticed a bit of a seed change in pubs of late though with a lot more making an effort to sell more than just the generic crap. Probably because people have stopped going as much so they're having to up their game. I'd like to think so anyway.

Aye, the draught stuff is even worse than the cans. I've noticed a bit of a seed change in pubs of late though with a lot more making an effort to sell more than just the generic crap. Probably because people have stopped going as much so they're having to up their game. I'd like to think so anyway.

Lot of places do Star and Wheatbeers on tap now.

Strange experience on Sat at a Sam Smiths pub, they make all the alcohol, from the beer to the spirits...The wheat beer was nearly as good as anything in Germany.

I think in general London pubs have always been quality compared to a lot of the shite we've had to put up with in town. And Sam Smith's stuff is quality btw. Got stuck into that when I was down in York and seen it in a few other bars recently too.

Where I grew up when I was about 10-14, baring in mind I'm only 32, I can think of nine places you could get a pint within 10 minutes walk, no I think there's two in that area. People are changing, I find social club crack in particular, shite, same faces in the same seats they were in 20 years ago, peoples lifestyles are changing and going to the local isn't as high on the agenda.

Carling Premier to be fair was while not outstanding, significantly better than Carling though.

Lot of places do Star and Wheatbeers on tap now.

Strange experience on Sat at a Sam Smiths pub, they make all the alcohol, from the beer to the spirits...The wheat beer was nearly as good as anything in Germany.

Best pint I've had in the last 5 years was in a Sam Smith's pub in Central London.

Is that like a 'sea change' or have you been cleaning your budgie out?

Is that like a 'sea change' or have you been cleaning your budgie out?

Aye ;) ;)