What are you drinking?

Guest alex

I think you are right, as it takes on the flavours of what was in the barrell before.

However, it doesnt go off, so I am sure it fine like.

Oh aye it'll be fine, I just wouldn't go round saying you've a 19y/o and then whip out your 10 :D

Whisky doesn't age in the bottle. Wine on the other hand should be aged in the bottle. Wines are often barrel aged for months, up to a year in France. Spain barrel ages wines for longer. It's a quicker way to soften the tannins and give the wine a better structure. However once it's in the bottle, most wines will get better. Quite why some age better than others is a bit of a mystery. Whisky should be drunk within 6 months of opening the bottle if you want to only drink it at its best, it will keep for longer.

The Glendronach 15 Alex has is very nice, sherried, sweat and a lovely dark rich colour. We had a wee dram of it when i saw him over the weekend. I've got the 12 at the minute which I have to say is an excellent alternative if you can't splash out on the 15.

Btw, was at the Living North Fair at the weekend and picked up a couple of bottles of Allendale Pale Ale. Very nice. Not sure but Rehills probably do it.

Disaster.

The night gets worse. Not only am I babysitting without access to the match on TV, I have forgot to get any drink in. :(

In desperation I dipped into the future son in laws stash of Budweiser 66 --- Utter dish water.

I then tried to Jack Daniels..... Yak

I now left with Yorkshire Tea or opening a very large bottle of Champagne.