What are you drinking?

Guest alex

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Lovely. 

Have tried a smidgen of Midori with it? 

With a few frozen grapes it’s to die for…

Actually Midori with white rum & soda / lemonade is quite a nice long refreshing drink. Probably about the only thing I would ever drink with Midori. The only downside is you have to hand your cock and balls in before partaking of one 

• 7 months later...

Treated myself to a 12 year old bottle of Lochnager for Crimbo.

When I used to go snowboarding we would always have a bottle of Port on the go and have Port O'Clock most evenings.  Been years since I had Port.  Anyone sup any recommend some?

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

When I used to go snowboarding we would always have a bottle of Port on the go and have Port O'Clock most evenings.

Oh, you’re one of those lot.

Did you also blast out the Ski Sunday theme tune every morning to get you ‘in the zone’?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

When I used to go snowboarding we would always have a bottle of Port on the go and have Port O'Clock most evenings.  Been years since I had Port.  Anyone sup any recommend some?

I had a 12 year old late bottled vintage ruby and a 10 year old tawny both Taylors for my 50th birthday in Otcober (you bunch of wankers) and they were very nice, I think I liked the Ruby a smidge better.

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Aldi have some great ones in at Crimbo.  This year they’ve got a 30 year old tawny port for £35. Comparable ones would probably set you back over 100 quid. If you don’t fancy spending that much (and it might be all sold out anyway) their 10 year old tawny port is excellent too and is only a tenner a bottle.

5 hours ago, ewerk said:

Oh, you’re one of those lot.

Did you also blast out the Ski Sunday theme tune every morning to get you ‘in the zone’?

Can’t speak for Wykiki, but a nice bit of Fugazi used to gently ease me in to my morning ride. 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Can’t speak for Wykiki, but a nice bit of Fugazi used to gently ease me in to my morning ride. 

Was your lass willing or did you use the ‘driver picks the music’ argument? 

:snigger: Mrs. F. would’ve been 17-18 at the time, in Forest Hall, (and I hadn’t met her) so had no say  in the matter. 

I was busy slutting my way my way round Europe, Switzerland was chalet-girl time. :wub:

Fugazi was was one of the choices I’d bang on when I was riding my plank in the snow ;) 

Hand on the Torch by US3 was another. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 21/12/2012 at 16:34, Christmas Tree said:

Really starting to develop a liking for Newcastle Brown Ale as well.

Bar man asked me if I wanted a half pint glass??? Reckoned it was tradition?

Just quoting this again as CT has been doing his ‘man of the people’ act a lot recently ;)

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just thought I’d dig this one out again for the next time CT is trying to do  ‘man of the people’ act ;) 

Just thought I’d quote you so CT can still pretend that he has you on ignore.

• Haha 3

Just received my latest order from an online alcohol-free drinks place with a slightly camp name that does some nice Belgian brews you can't get easily over here. Recommended if anyone's doing Dry February too. :good: They're based in the Netherlands but ship for not too much money considering. Figured I'd best stock up before the end of March just in case (although if we leave with no deal, I'll probably go back on the hard spirits :lol: ).

• Haha 1

It'll be a terrible approximation I'm sure, the alcohol-free "whisky" ( :lol: ) is - a sugary mess that smells quite convincingly like a blended scotch but certainly doesn't taste like one - but I've just bought another bottle of that anyway because it's quite nice over ice in its own right. :D