What are you drinking?

Guest alex

Just checked the can. Lowenbrau - A Beer of Bavaria. Brewed in the UK. :lol: Not that you don’t get great beers made here. But loads of the continental classic lagers are now mass produced here and the taste is shit. Even stuff like Grolsch used to have a really distinctive taste. But you never see the proper Dutch stuff with old fashioned bottle tops any more. 

24  cans of asahi for £24 from Waitrose has been a lockdown fave..... 5.2% abv is just about strong enough... the newly rebranded in a white can Carlsberg export is only 4.8%  but it’s a fuckin madman if you drink half a dozen..

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just checked the can. Lowenbrau - A Beer of Bavaria. Brewed in the UK. :lol: Not that you don’t get great beers made here. But loads of the continental classic lagers are now mass produced here and the taste is shit. Even stuff like Grolsch used to have a really distinctive taste. But you never see the proper Dutch stuff with old fashioned bottle tops any more. 

Lowebrau in the 80s was loon juice..I remember I finished work at 4pm on a Friday not long before I was 18 and went with the lads to a pub that had just got it in....was throwing up by 1830 :lol:

• Haha 1

I dont get why franchised lager brewed here tastes so rank. What do they do to it? Having said that San Miguel seems to be on offer everywhere at the moment and tastes okay, my cooking lager of choice at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Lowebrau in the 80s was loon juice..I remember I finished work at 4pm on a Friday not long before I was 18 and went with the lads to a pub that had just got it in....was throwing up by 1830 :lol:

It had quite a strange taste iirc. Gave me random twitches and chemically induced insomnia. 

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

24  cans of asahi for £24 from Waitrose has been a lockdown fave..... 5.2% abv is just about strong enough... the newly rebranded in a white can Carlsberg export is only 4.8%  but it’s a fuckin madman if you drink half a dozen..

Asahi is a nice drop. 

I’ve had Kirin on draught somewhere but I’m fucked if I can remember where. Japanese whisky as well. Fantastic stuff

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Which of you whisky munchers is gonna advise me on a single malt to get my stepdad for his birthday? 

Cardu gold reserve is lush if he likes it easy drinking. 

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Which of you whisky munchers is gonna advise me on a single malt to get my stepdad for his birthday? 

Find out if he likes peated or unpeated. Also how much do you want to spend? 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Right cheers lads. I'll have a look at these and get him the Bells.

Aberlour 10 is £25 on Prime at the minute. Fantastic drop and especially at that price and very much in the easy drinking mould like the ones mentioned previously. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, canofbeans said:

a couple of nice ones by Mikkeller (a Danish brewery) Heated seats and blow out. very nice... both IPA types.

'Can of beans'?

'tin of beans'. (Ah've telt you, man). ;)

:D

giphy_(9).gif

• Haha 4