What are you drinking?

Guest alex

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I've had lager the last couple of weeks, Heineken then Peroni, it's tasted flat and not particularly cold, almost tasteless. I'd suspect covid but I can taste food ok. Had wine and even fed up with that. One night I had jack Daniels double blend or something and I was completely fucked the next day. Had a bit of a drink yesterday but am considering knocking the drink on the head till the bars are open again. If nothing else it'll help shift some additional timber. 

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Every time I've had lager the last couple of weeks, Heineken then Peroni, it's tasted flat and not particularly cold, almost tasteless. I'd suspect covid but I can taste food ok. Had wine and even fed up with that. One night I had jack Daniels double blend or something and I was completely fucked the next day. Had a bit of a drink yesterday but am considering knocking the drink on the head till the bars are open again. If nothing else it'll help shift some additional timber

Cocaine. 

I might as well not be here sometimes

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Cocaine. 

I might as well not be here sometimes

I'm a pipe and slippers man, now. :lol:

(Just remembered we're having cheese tonight as we never got round to it so far. Can't not have some red wine with cheese so after tonight I'll seriously consider knocking the drink on the head till the bars are open).

• Haha 2

Lasted less than a day 

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm a pipe and slippers man, now. :lol:

(Just remembered we're having cheese tonight as we never got round to it so far. Can't not have some red wine with cheese so after tonight I'll seriously consider knocking the drink on the head till the bars are open).

Lasted less than a day, impressive!

A hangover for me used to last a morning,  then a full day, now it lasts 2 days. Fuck that. So I'm just not drinking at home from now on. Never been a better time to do dry January and beyond. 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

There’s also the option of not drinking to the point that it fucks you :lol:

Took me some adjusting but I’m a happy Two Pint Percy now. 

:lol: Is there literally no one on here who can handle their drink these days?

19 minutes ago, ewerk said:

:lol: Is there literally no one on here who can handle their drink these days?

I wouldn't say I could handle my drink but I can still handle hangovers fine in my mid 30s. 

Saying that, the way I've been drinking since the first locldown being hungover is now just another word for daytime. 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

There’s also the option of not drinking to the point that it fucks you :lol:

Took me some adjusting but I’m a happy Two Pint Percy now. 

Yeah, I'd like to get to that point, but then again I like the buzz of alcohol which requires more than a couple. Stopping drinking from home makes sense for me. 

All this talk of hangovers getting worse as you get older has been the opposite in my experience. I used to be a terrible next day puker as a young man. Used to dread really big nights as was always anxious I might go through hell the following day. Now can pretty much drink as much as I want without ever really feeling that bad the next day. The hangover puking stopped in my 20s. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not tbh. 

I definitely overdid it over Christmas and am two days into dry January. Already sleeping better but it does seem particularly masochistic this year with a month of home schooling and tier 4 ahead.