What are you drinking?

Guest alex

I've been to Florita's in Havana and enjoyed cubre libres and mojitos there. Also enjoyed cocktails in the odd gay bar ;). It's all about context though. The idea of a Miami themed bar on Newcastle is naff. I'm guessing the trillion dollar remark as made up btw.

Whatever next? Chinese themed restaurants? Indian ones.... :lol:

Whatever next? Chinese themed restaurants? Indian ones.... :lol:

They aren't really themed restaurants though. They're just ethnic and part of our culture now. All themed bars are shit, including Irish ones. I don't expect you'll see the difference. :)

Cocktails are shit, even in hot countries. I've tried the lot and can pretty much vouch they all taste the same - sweet and unpleasant. This is the time of year for a nice quality single malt.

Horse shit.

Ever tried an old fashioned? Or a dirty martini?

Horse shit.

Probably...... ;)

Horses for courses obviously, but outside a gay bar or sun soaked terrace they're not for me. Much more subtlety in grapes or grain.

Horse shit.

You took the piss out of me in this very thread for saying I liked a Dirty Martini iirc ;)

But aye, Renton, he's right. There's loads of cocktails out there to suit every taste. The sickly, sweet variety, (the sort of things women / CT tend to like) are a relatively new invention. The classic ones like Old Fashioned, Martini, Sidecar etc. tend to be dry or sour and very alcoholic. And lets be honest here, everyone knows I have impeccable taste.

How CT imagines his house this Christmas.

cocktail-o.gif

The reality

The-Royle-Family-Joes-Cra-007.jpg

:lol:

Just made my first Xmas Mai Tai

2 shots white rum

2 shots dark rum

1 shot Contreau (cheat)

1 shot Amaretto (cheat)

1/2 shot Lime Juice

1/2 shot grenadine

As it happens I did quite resemble Tom Cruise however the resulting cocktail tastes lethal. :lol:

Just made my first Xmas Mai Tai

2 shots white rum

2 shots dark rum

1 shot Contreau (cheat)

1 shot Amaretto (cheat)

1/2 shot Lime Juice

1/2 shot grenadine

As it happens I did quite resemble Tom Cruise however the resulting cocktail tastes lethal. :lol:

You've doubled up on some of the spirit measures and only have half measures for the two none alcoholic measures? And it tastes lethal? How odd. ;)

That's because it's not a mai-tai it's meant to have pineapple/fruit juice in it, and no grenadine :lol:

basically you lobbed in the shots with sweet/sour mix equivalent (it's basically sugar +lemon&lime) and substituted triplesec out for the Contreau, the juice is meant to dilute it a bit and turn it into the drink i guess lol.

might as well do a double tequila suck on the lime and call it a cocktail ;)

Really?

I've looked at several recipes and none call for fruit juice???