What are you drinking?

Guest alex

Just can't take my drink anymore. Had an old pals meet up in town. Went out at five, was in the house for eleven, burnt a pizza in the oven, (again!) and have no recollection of how I got home. That's me completely cutting the booze down.

Just can't take my drink anymore. Had an old pals meet up in town. Went out at five, was in the house for eleven, burnt a pizza in the oven, (again!) and have no recollection of how I got home. That's me completely cutting the booze down.

:lol:

:lol:

M&S seem to be randomly stocking Elijah Craig bourbon for £25 at the moment. Usually costs around £35+ elsewhere.

Got myself a bottle yesterday. Lovely stuff. :D

Nice drop. Cheers!

I've sworn off drink for good.

Match lads had our christmas do on Saturday and i had to leave them come 10pm because I'd had my fill. Was rotten on Sunday and have reached the point where the pain ain't worth the gain. I wouldn't mind if it was just the heavy sessions i had to knock on the head, but I had a cheeky (gin heavy) gin and tonic on Friday night and that one drink had me feeling a bit bleugh the next morning.

We'll see if it lasts through christmas.

Aye I've long since passed the pain>gain mark. Happened in my mid to late 20s tbh. It's been so long since I was into boozing that I can't relate to my mates when they try to structure every weekend around alcohol consumption. Like a bank holiday weekend to them just means another day of alcohol consumption, which is fucking useless to me.

:lol: It's called getting old lads. You can address the problem for a while with cocaine abuse but then you realise that will probably kill you.

I was due a night out with friends on Saturday, I had 2 glasses of red before leaving the house, 3 pints, a whisky, some champagne and I was bollocksed. Got back at 4am so my 6am alarm this morning was hard to bear.

Drinking in rounds with lads who are out more doesn't help.

That's what fucks me up. My best mate is about 6 1/2 foot, built like a gladiator and downs Guinness for fun. I even tried letting him get a few on his own but eventually the alcohol kicks in and I go pint for pint.

Ended up with knocking "our" nights out on the head and just sticking to the tamer family pub night.

I quite often think a nice 8 o'clock stroll up to the local for 2 or 3 pints and back by 10 would be canny but he would want to be there 7-12

weirdly, i'm getting a second wind when it comes to hangovers, as i get older.

for a while my alcohol tolerance improving with age was offset by increasingly hideous hangovers. but recently, i just end up feeling a bit cloudy rather than the typical nausea/headache/self loathing.

not sure if that's a good thing. an awful hangover is the body's way of telling you to stop poisoning yourself.

I can handle it just don't want to anymore...When I'm really pissed I bore myself and would rather not continue to inflict it any longer on others. :lol:

well yes, i try to call it a night when i hear myself turning into a slurring moron. the problem is it's less noticeable when you're in a big group of slurring morons.