What are you drinking?

Guest alex

And tbh, the Kronenbourg over here is shite as well.

Stella has gone down hill too, probably because they've reduced it's ABV. On the plus side, Peroni is becoming common - surprisngly good on draft imo.

Imported Stella is nice (but hard to get), UK stuff is shit imo. Italian place near me does a canny pint of draught Peroni as it happens.

Which Belgian Beer does it remind you of CT?

Which one would you like me to say Alex so you can have a good old sneer down your very long snobby trout :lol:

Leffe gets the most hits on Google. :icon_lol:

Kwak - loopy juice.

Remember when Bier Rex used to be behind the Civic? (It's some shitty student bar now). Beer heaven. They used to do that there.

Edited by alex

Have just discovered the delights of Carlsberg Special Brew, from a can.....

Cant believe it has the taste of a freshly poured draught Belgian beer.

As a pub Kronnenburg drinker who hates the normal home tin offering I am delighted to have made its aquaintance.

I assume you're taking the piss?????????? :razz:<_< <_<

If you're not you need to go the whole hog, buy yourself a Rangers top wear it for 20 days without wash or shave a sit at the bottom of Pink Lane outside the Subway, and you've ticked all the boxes.

They may mock but like me I guess the mockers havent actually tasted it.

I know its been around a while but it certainly has a very nice "draught" tatse compared to normal tins. However I had failed to notice the 9% alcohol on the side and woke up with a very sore head today so will be limiting future home drinking.

I challenge anyone to try a tin before posting more mockery. :rolleyes:

:icon_lol:

You liked it because the alcohol content would have given you a that warm euphoric feeling - that's why bamps drink it. But to compare it to a real Belgian beer is simply ludicrous. Have you ever tasted a proper Belgian beer?

I liked it because it tasted like a freshly poured draught and not like the usual tinny tasting flat stuff that comes out of tins.

I would bet very good money that you havent even tried it. :razz:

Not since I was a student, no. Can't believe I'm having this conversation. :lol:

So thats another no :rolleyes:

As a pub Kronnenburg drinker who hates the normal home tin offering I am delighted to have made its aquaintance.

I assume you're taking the piss?????????? <_< <_< <_<

If you're not you need to go the whole hog, buy yourself a Rangers top wear it for 20 days without wash or shave a sit at the bottom of Pink Lane outside the Subway, and you've ticked all the boxes.

I know its been around a while but it certainly has a very nice "draught" tatse compared to normal tins. However I had failed to notice the 9% alcohol on the side and woke up with a very sore head today so will be limiting future home drinking.

I challenge anyone to try a tin before posting more mockery. :rolleyes:

You liked it because the alcohol content would have given you a that warm euphoric feeling - that's why bamps drink it. But to compare it to a real Belgian beer is simply ludicrous. Have you ever tasted a proper Belgian beer?

I liked it because it tasted like a freshly poured draught and not like the usual tinny tasting flat stuff that comes out of tins.

Not since I was a student, no. Can't believe I'm having this conversation. :lol:

It's a yes, actually :razz: Are you really this dense, or is it a hangover?

Edited by alex

I assume you're taking the piss?????????? <_< <_< :icon_lol:

I challenge anyone to try a tin before posting more mockery. :razz:

It's a yes, actually <_< Are you really this dense, or is it a hangover?

No its a no, dressed up as a yes, but still a no. :rolleyes:

I assume you're taking the piss?????????? <_<:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I challenge anyone to try a tin before posting more mockery. <_<

I would bet very good money that you havent even tried it. :rolleyes:

It's a yes, actually <_< Are you really this dense, or is it a hangover?

No its a no, dressed up as a yes, but still a no. :razz:

It's not like, it's a yes. I can fully remember the taste and consistency of special brew and the taste of real Belgian beer. Still can't believe this conversation. :razz:

Kwak - loopy juice.

Remember when Bier Rex used to be behind the Civic? (It's some shitty student bar now). Beer heaven. They used to do that there.

Went to Bruges a while back with and was well into the which resulted in falling into/onto a tabe full of food in a fairly plush restaurant - bad kwak like..........

I also love altbeer. Native to the Dusseldorf area (at least that's where I had it). Struggle to get it over here - the closest I got to it was Brooklyn lager weirdly enough.

Kwak - loopy juice.

Went to Bruges a while back with and was well into the which resulted in falling into/onto a tabe full of food in a fairly plush restaurant - bad kwak like..........

I also love altbeer. Native to the Dusseldorf area (at least that's where I had it). Struggle to get it over here - the closest I got to it was Brooklyn lager weirdly enough.

Went to Bruges (or Brugge :icon_lol: ) mesel last year. Fancy going back and taking in Ghent as I never got the chance to see it. Went to Brussels as well.

Kwak - loopy juice.

Went to Bruges (or Brugge :icon_lol: ) mesel last year. Fancy going back and taking in Ghent as I never got the chance to see it. Went to Brussels as well.

We stayed for 3 days which was more than enough as you could do the touristy bit in a day to be honest. Unless your just going for the beer of course.

There's an awesome pub which had the widest selection of beers I've ever seen. It was down a side street and unless you know it's there you'd never find it - the entrance is a shop front. If you can stand the real ale crowd then its well worth a look. The mrs even liked it as they had all sorts of fruit beers on offer.

I'll try and remember the name.

Kwak - loopy juice.

We stayed for 3 days which was more than enough as you could do the touristy bit in a day to be honest. Unless your just going for the beer of course.

There's an awesome pub which had the widest selection of beers I've ever seen. It was down a side street and unless you know it's there you'd never find it - the entrance is a shop front. If you can stand the real ale crowd then its well worth a look. The mrs even liked it as they had all sorts of fruit beers on offer.

I'll try and remember the name.

Gemmill's favourite, aptly enough. I think I know the place you mean but we didn't actually go in as it was too busy. It was recommended in the Lonely Planet. On a side street, if you head away from the main square on the road towards the station, then turn right.

• 1 month later...