What are you drinking?

Guest alex

30 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Mmm, what's this mean then?

I seen that on a couple of different sites now? As I think I've mentioned before it's like rocking horse shite here in the antipodes but I recently found some so bought a bottle, now I just have to be able to drink it!!!

Could well be discountinued if it never sold that well, I just know you can still get it and Diageo still own the distillery. You can get it here: https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/blair-athol-12-year-old-whisky/?srh=1 for example. I think the Single Malt market has changed massively since the Flora and Fauna range came in with stuff like Mortlach and Caol Ila (the latter in particular) now being heavyweights in their own right. The big companies like Diageo and Pernod Ricard and the like are always fucking about with the lesser known distilleries (especially in terms of what they release as single malts). It's understandable because it's quite a commitment to continue to age something for 10, 12, 16 years or whatever if it's not selling in the current climate. It's a pain in the arse if you're a fan of that particular whisky though.

• 2 weeks later...

@ewerk You had Chairman's Reserve before? It's a lovely drop and it would be up your street I think. It's St Lucian but very similar in style to the rums you get from Barbados. It's very good value anyway but Sainsbury's and Amazon Prime both have a couple of quid at the minute. Can't go wrong for £18. It's tropically aged for 5 years (which equates to about 10-15 years ageing in a more temperate climate). Good enough to sip but makes for a very affordable mixer, especially at that price.

• Thanks 1

I haven’t had it before, I haven’t been drinking much rum lately but at that price I’ve a bottle ordered and looking forward to it. Certainly has good a review review from the Rum Pirate. :good: 

• Like 1

iN3xW7A_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Post graft, Almasty Echelon in the Free Trade. 

Whilst I’m here, why is every single fucking security guard obsessed with telling you, in great fucking detail, the exact details of their forthcoming shift patterns, as you’re attempting to get the fuck away from work? 

I DON’T FUCKING CARE, YOU EGG-SHAPED FUCK! 

All is now well :D

43 minutes ago, Tooj said:

In 1994 a group of wine connoisseurs, scientists and oenologists tested a bottle of the wine and declared it excellent

I've done that once or twice myself.

had a bit of a hipster douche craft beer gathering on saturday. some of the standout tipples below: 

Image result for beavertown gamma ray

Image result for peckham pale

Image result for gypsy hill ale

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

You'll have paid a few quid for them?

I finally got my bottle of Chairmen's Reserve after four attempts at delivery. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. <_< 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You'll have paid a few quid for them?

I finally got my bottle of Chairmen's Reserve after four attempts at delivery. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. <_< 

Came to about 150 quid. Good old Barclaycard