Little Britain last night

LeazesMag

I quite liked the bitch fight at the health farm. Trouble is to keep its shock value, it has to become more extreme, and is getting less funny as a result - witness the Sebastien sketch. The new characters were also disappointing, the accent of the thai bride was shite.

I missed it last night, I've liked it but not gone as crazy as some people with the "It's the best British comedy ever", I don't even think it's the best comedy around at the moment. Like I say it's canny but loads of hype.

57650[/snapback]

Who says it is the best comedy ever?

I reckon there might be a bit of a North?South thing going on as well. I reckon most Notherners prefer the humour in the League of Gentlemen or Phoenix nights, I know I do.

The Office is probably my favourite mind and that was set down south.

I missed it last night, I've liked it but not gone as crazy as some people with the "It's the best British comedy ever", I don't even think it's the best comedy around at the moment. Like I say it's canny but loads of hype.

57650[/snapback]

I reckon there might be a bit of a North?South thing going on as well. I reckon most Notherners prefer the humour in the League of Gentlemen or Phoenix nights, I know I do.

57652[/snapback]

Phonix Nights was absolutely top quality, especially if you watched that Peter Kay thing and saw the characters evolve like they did....

Only Fools is still the winner for me and that was set down sarth :lol:

although Father Ted is always in with a shout

57650[/snapback]

57652[/snapback]

I could start naming them like, but you wouldn't know who they are. Just people I've spoken too about it. You're probably right to some extent about the north/south thing. Although alot of Beeb comedies get massive cross media pushes with their own adverts on BBC 1 and 2 plus the radio stations.

Everything in little britain is a rip off of something else. I always thought it was derivative crap.

57669[/snapback]

I thought that aswell, but when you are talking about sketch shows they all tend to have bits and pieces from other ones to some extent. The one that stuck out for me in LB is the Marjorie Daws one, blatent rip off of The League of Gentlemen's Pauline.

Everything in little britain is a rip off of something else. I always thought it was derivative crap.

57669[/snapback]

I thought that aswell, but when you are talking about sketch shows they all tend to have bits and pieces from other ones to some extent. The one that stuck out for me in LB is the Marjorie Daws one, blatent rip off of The League of Gentlemen's Pauline.

57675[/snapback]

Vicky Pollard is canny funny like. The 'I am a lady' one stopped being funny after they did same joke about 30 times :lol:

57669[/snapback]

57675[/snapback]

Vicky Pollard is canny funny like. The 'I am a lady' one stopped being funny after they did same joke about 30 times :lol:

57679[/snapback]

The Vicki Pollard one can be changed a little bit each time, probably why the joke is lasting longer. Agree on the "I'm a lady" one, flogging a dead horse last series.

57669[/snapback]

57675[/snapback]

In one of the gay guys sketches one of the other gays walked up to him and asked "How much for a good hard shag?" They lifted that word for word from Blackadder and used it in almost the same context.

57669[/snapback]

57675[/snapback]

Marjorie Daws was on Shooting Stars 2 years before The League of Gentlemen was on like.

57669[/snapback]

57675[/snapback]

Marjorie Daws was on Shooting Stars 2 years before The League of Gentlemen was on like.

57691[/snapback]

The character was but the whole set-up of the Weightwatchers group wasn't.

The character was but the whole set-up of the Weightwatchers group wasn't.

57692[/snapback]

I see what your saying but Marjorie Dawes is one of the few characters I like. Probably because she isn't just a catchphrase.

The other brilliant one was the black Preacher from the states, he only had one sketch though.

Phoenix Nights was class.

Was a little disappointed with last night's Little Britain but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as it's only the first episode.

I've always disliked it a little even though I enjoy the program because David Walliams strikes me as a bit of a wanker. :lol:

Was a little disappointed with last night's Little Britain but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as it's only the first episode.

I've always disliked it a little even though I enjoy the program because David Walliams strikes me as a bit of a wanker.  :lol:

57865[/snapback]

But Max and Paddies Road to Nowhere was a bit of disappointment

I've always disliked it a little even though I enjoy the program because David Walliams strikes me as a bit of a wanker.  :lol:

57865[/snapback]

57868[/snapback]

Aye it didn't quite have that something which Phoenix Nights had, although the fact that it was always going to be compared to Phoenix Nights didn't help like.

57865[/snapback]

57868[/snapback]

Aye it didn't quite have that something which Phoenix Nights had, although the fact that it was always going to be compared to Phoenix Nights didn't help like.

57892[/snapback]

The episode with the farting pig was about as funny as Last of the summer wine.