Guest Stevie

Earthquakes

* Magnitude 8.8 OFFSHORE MAULE, CHILE February 27, 2010

* Magnitude 7.0 RYUKYU ISLANDS, JAPAN February 26, 2010

* Magnitude 6.9 CHINA-RUSSIA-NORTH KOREA BORDER REGION February 18, 2010

* Magnitude 5.9 OFFSHORE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA February 04, 2010

* Magnitude 7.0 HAITI REGION January

HAARP induced? :D

Try to sell us cars with sticky gas pedals... that'll teach 'em!

Wireless tbh ;)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tsunami waves moving across entire pacific now....Sirens are a blasting!

BULLETIN

TSUNAMI MESSAGE NUMBER 13

NWS PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER EWA BEACH HI

650 AM HST SAT FEB 27 2010

TO - CIVIL DEFENSE IN THE STATE OF HAWAII

SUBJECT - TSUNAMI WARNING SUPPLEMENT

A TSUNAMI WARNING CONTINUES IN EFFECT FOR THE STATE OF HAWAII.

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

ORIGIN TIME - 0834 PM HST 26 FEB 2010

COORDINATES - 36.1 SOUTH 72.6 WEST

LOCATION - NEAR COAST OF CENTRAL CHILE

MAGNITUDE - 8.8 MOMENT

Hawaii sounds tsunami warning sirens

Associated Press

2010-02-27 11:22 PM

Fonts Size: A+

E-Mail This Email

Printer-Friendly Printer

Sirens across Hawaii are blaring a warning to tourists and residents of a potential tsunami.

The sirens sounded through the pre-dawn dark on all Hawaii's islands at 6 a.m. (11 a.m. EST, 1600 GMT), alerting people in coastal areas of the need to retreat to higher ground.

Waikiki's world-famous beaches were empty and tourists gathered in small groups on sidewalks. They will be evacuated to the third floor and above of hotels when the tsunami is projected to arrive around 11:19 a.m. (4:19 p.m. EST, 2119 GMT).

People in other coastal areas will be evacuated inland.

For the most part, Waikiki remained quiet except for those in cars driving to safer ground.

Cars packed grocery store parking lots and gas stations to stock up on supplies before the waves hit.

Edited by Park Life

They will be evacuated to the third floor and above of hotels when the tsunami is projected to arrive around 11:19 a.m. (4:19 p.m. EST, 2119 GMT).

;) I wouldn't stay in a Hotel with one of those heading your way, third floor or not!

Edited by @yourservice

The messangers are already here. We can only wait my dears. :D

Refurbishment my arse ;)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new..._down_the_mines

and

February 26, 2010

"Officials from Europe and the U.S. met in Colorado this week to test their ability to respond to a catastrophic weather event that could leave millions of people without electricity, running water and phone service. The event they're worried about isn't a hurricane or a tornado. It's an electromagnetic storm on the surface of the sun that produced enough radiation to cripple the power grid and knock out satellites."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...01#commentBlock

Edited by @yourservice

At least nine people have been killed in storms that have lashed parts of Spain, Portugal and France.

Winds of up to 140km/h (87mph) caused chaos as they moved from Portugal up through the Bay of Biscay.

Five people are reported to have been killed in France, three in Spain and a 10-year-old boy in Portugal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8541778.stm

Imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, “This is an interesting world I find myself in, an interesting hole I find myself in, fits me rather neatly, doesn’t it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!”

This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it’s still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything’s going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise. I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for.

(Douglas Adams)

Imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, “This is an interesting world I find myself in, an interesting hole I find myself in, fits me rather neatly, doesn’t it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!”

This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it’s still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything’s going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise. I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for.

(Douglas Adams)

Aye.

Guest Barrack Road

There's 500 earthquakes every week, I think nothing natural will finish us off to be honest, I know what I think might but I won't say.

Guest Barrack Road
There's 500 earthquakes every week, I think nothing natural will finish us off to be honest, I know what I think might but I won't say.

Ahhh, go on.

What do you think I'll say?

Ahhh, go on.

What do you think I'll say?

I've no idea.