Patientline

Smooth Operator

Wish i was the clever bastard who thought of this little invention!

Anyone used it yet? Was in the hospital last week and had a blast, £3.50 for a days worth of telly and the radio's free, only problem was there was a charva in the next bed couldn't afford the tv so had the radio blasting all day.

Bet the bloke in charge of this is a millionaire now.

Wish i was the clever bastard who thought of this little invention!

Anyone used it yet? Was in the hospital last week and had a blast, £3.50 for a days worth of telly and the radio's free, only problem was there was a charva in the next bed couldn't afford the tv so had the radio blasting all day.

Bet the bloke in charge of this is a millionaire now.

57553[/snapback]

As far as I know all the money goes back to the NHS doesn't it?

It's a bedside tv service thing you can get when your in hospital.

You buy a card, slot it in and can choose from 20 different channels, use the internet, phone and listen to the radio.

Good idea like, thought the company would be making money like no-one's business but apparently not!

That does indeed sound good!!

When my grandma was in hospital last year, all she had was a tiny tv up in the corner, and there was about 6 of them all watching it, so she had to put up with stuff like Eastenders or Corrie (which really aren't her type of shows at all) and she was very unhappy.

I mean, she was unhappy in general, but that didn't really help. So I take it you get your own screen and earphones and whatnot?

When my friend was in hospital in Melbourne, she was able to use her mobile phone in there. I don't get how that works. I don't even like taking my phone into hospitals in the first place. In Michael J Fox's book, when he's saying about his brain surgery, he comments that any slight mobile phone signals could have messed with the info that the surgeon was getting, and so he could have made a teeny tiny mistake due to that, and that could have been the end of Mr MJF.

That freaked me out so much that I'll never ever take a mobile into a hospital again. So I don't get how she was allowed to use hers??

It's a bedside tv service thing you can get when your in hospital.

You buy a card, slot it in and can choose from 20 different channels, use the internet, phone and listen to the radio.

Good idea like, thought the company would be making money like no-one's business but apparently not!

57639[/snapback]

I genuinely thought the money went to the NHS, but obviously this is not the case. It should though.

What were you in for S-O? You didn't have an accident washing the dog did you?

That does indeed sound good!!

When my grandma was in hospital last year, all she had was a tiny tv up in the corner, and there was about 6 of them all watching it, so she had to put up with stuff like Eastenders or Corrie (which really aren't her type of shows at all) and she was very unhappy.

I mean, she was unhappy in general, but that didn't really help.  So I take it you get your own screen and earphones and whatnot?

When my friend was in hospital in Melbourne, she was able to use her mobile phone in there.  I don't get how that works.  I don't even like taking my phone into hospitals in the first place.  In Michael J Fox's book, when he's saying about his brain surgery, he comments that any slight mobile phone signals could have messed with the info that the surgeon was getting, and so he could have made a teeny tiny mistake due to that, and that could have been the end of Mr MJF.

That freaked me out so much that I'll never ever take a mobile into a hospital again.  So I don't get how she was allowed to use hers??

57641[/snapback]

Most concerns over mobile phome emissions are purely theoretical and unlikely to affect anything. They are perfectly safe to use onboard an aircraft for instance, yet the airlines ban them. I suspect its to stop them annoying other passengers as much as anything.

Obviously it's probably best to avoid them in an operating theatre, just in case they have an effect on instrumentation, no matter how low the risk is. But on the ward I really couldn't see a problem, apart from the fact they may be antisocial and stop patients recuperating properly.

Aye, you get headphones and a screen on a big lever you can position wherever you want.

When i had a operation on my cruciate ligament a couple of years ago i was on a ward with 6 blokes, we had a poxy telly stuck up a height, i asked if it was alright if i watched the golf, all but 1 said aye, the other said he didn't want to watch golf, so i said there's a telly in the day room you can watch, seeing as he was able to get around in his wheelchair and i wasn't allowed to get out of bed. So he muttered some abuse as he left the room.

Anyway later that might the Devil's Advocate was on and we were all watching it on the ward, it came to the sex scene and this lad rushed out the room declaring that he couldn't watch it! We all pissed ourselves. He came back in after 10 minutes and asked if he could turn it over, we all said no cos we were in the middle of watching it, and 1 bloke was paricularly cruel, he said "if you can get your crippled scots arse out of your wheelchair then i'd like to see you reach the telly!" Bearing in mind the tv was way up a height and the poor lad had had his leg amputated a few weeks ago this was a little harsh i thought!

I was just visiting by the way, wasn't the patient.

Most concerns over mobile phome emissions are purely theoretical and unlikely to affect anything. They are perfectly safe to use onboard an aircraft for instance, yet the airlines ban them. I suspect its to stop them annoying other passengers as much as anything.

Obviously it's probably best to avoid them in an operating theatre, just in case they have an effect on instrumentation, no matter how low the risk is. But on the ward I really couldn't see a problem, apart from the fact they may be antisocial and stop patients recuperating properly.

57646[/snapback]

OK, cool. Duly noted.

*will still be extremely cautious about it, because it's in my head now.*

Aye, you get headphones and a screen on a big lever you can position wherever you want.

When i had a operation on my cruciate ligament a couple of years ago i was on a ward with 6 blokes, we had a poxy telly stuck up a height, i asked if it was alright if i watched the golf, all but 1 said aye, the other said he didn't want to watch golf, so i said there's a telly in the day room you can watch, seeing as he was able to get around in his wheelchair and i wasn't allowed to get out of bed. So he muttered some abuse as he left the room.

Anyway later that might the Devil's Advocate was on and we were all watching it on the ward, it came to the sex scene and this lad rushed out the room declaring that he couldn't watch it! We all pissed ourselves. He came back in after 10 minutes and asked if he could turn it over, we all said no cos we were in the middle of watching it, and 1 bloke was paricularly cruel, he said "if you can get your crippled scots arse out of your wheelchair then i'd like to see you reach the telly!" Bearing in mind the tv was way up a height and the poor lad had had his leg amputated a few weeks ago this was a little harsh i thought!

57651[/snapback]

:lol: That sound horrendous.

I find it quite amusing you are supposed to recuperate in hospital. When I have been in it has been the most stressful experience of my life, couldn't wait to get out.

Yeh, hospital doesn't seem to be the best.

My grandma also refused to eat while she was in hospital. Which obviously didn't do her any good, but she can be a right madam and just flat out REFUSED to eat any of the stuff that the hospital gave her but it was too cold/too hot, too sweet/too sour, etc etc etc. Argh, stressful times. In the end I think they only let her out because she was being such a bitch. So we got to cope with her at home instead. Fan-bloody-tastic.

*still not over the time i took her a banana to eat and she didn't eat it because it was TOO. COLD.* TOO COLD!!! IT WAS A ROOM-TEMPERATURE BANANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Ahh... happy times! :lol:

and 1 bloke was paricularly cruel, he said "if you can get your crippled scots arse out of your wheelchair then i'd like to see you reach the telly!" Bearing in mind the tv was way up a height and the poor lad had had his leg amputated a few weeks ago

57651[/snapback]

That would have cheered me up no end :lol:

[

57646[/snapback]

Apparently mobile phones are safe to use in hospitals as they are on a diferent frequency. Also if you look at a lot of hospitals they now have phone masts on the roofs as this generates an income for the hospitals.

Yeh, hospital doesn't seem to be the best.

My grandma also refused to eat while she was in hospital.  Which obviously didn't do her any good, but she can be a right madam and just flat out REFUSED to eat any of the stuff that the hospital gave her but it was too cold/too hot, too sweet/too sour, etc etc etc.  Argh, stressful times.  In the end I think they only let her out because she was being such a bitch.  So we got to cope with her at home instead.  Fan-bloody-tastic.

*still not over the time i took her a banana to eat and she didn't eat it because it was TOO. COLD.*    TOO COLD!!! IT WAS A ROOM-TEMPERATURE BANANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Ahh... happy times! :lol:

57660[/snapback]

If I ever form a band, it will now be called Room Temperature Banana.