Anyone know much about cars?

Smooth Operator

Don't know if it's just cos of the cold and cos the roads are icy but everytime i turn my steering wheel there is a worrying squeaking noise coming from my front wheels.

Any idea's what might be wrong?

57560[/snapback]

So much for your posh Toyota...

Maybe you've got a mouse nest in there. True story: I once lived in a house which had one of these huge VCRs you used to get in the 80s, and it squeaked every time you put a tape in. One day we found out the cause - when a mouse ran out of the tape entrance - there was a nest in it.

Don't know if it's just cos of the cold and cos the roads are icy but everytime i turn my steering wheel there is a worrying squeaking noise coming from my front wheels.

57560[/snapback]

Sounds like your bearings which in turn sounds like £300 to me, should have bought a volvo v40

;):lol:

Edited by Wacky Jnr

57560[/snapback]

Maybe you've got a mouse nest in there. True story: I once lived in a house which had one of these huge VCRs you used to get in the 80s, and it squeaked every time you put a tape in. One day we found out the cause - when a mouse ran out of the tape entrance - there was a nest in it.

57563[/snapback]

And you have the cheek to suggest Wellsy tells tall stories! :lol:

57560[/snapback]

Sounds like your bearings which in turn sounds like £300 to me, should have bought a volvo v40

:razz::lol:

57570[/snapback]

No disrespect but i'll wait wait until someone with a driving licence posts there idea's of what might be wrong before i take the word of a passenger! ;)

57560[/snapback]

57563[/snapback]

And you have the cheek to suggest Wellsy tells tall stories! :lol:

57605[/snapback]

Completely true. It was a student house and we inundated with the little bastards. And there was a lot worse things too, owing to the fact that my house mate was the laziest bastard on Earth, and that's official.

57560[/snapback]

;):lol:

57570[/snapback]

£300??? Sounds a bit much- is that a rough estimate, and can you narrow it down a bit?

Going on what I've read on here today, I'd take any motoring advice from Renton with a pinch of salt.

57838[/snapback]

I'd take any advice given on here with a pinch of salt :lol:

It'd be really funny if it was due to a nest of mice. I'd laugh anyway.

57841[/snapback]

Whilst standing on the table. :lol:

57850[/snapback]

Seriously, have you ever seen a mouse in a house? For some bizarre reason they are really scarey. :razz:;)

57841[/snapback]

57850[/snapback]

Seriously, have you ever seen a mouse in a house? For some bizarre reason they are really scarey. :razz:;)

57853[/snapback]

My mate had one in his house once. He chased it with a chairleg shouting "SQUEEEEAK" and twatted it one, and that was the end of that. It sounds horrendous but at the time I was helpless with laughter. :razz:

57841[/snapback]

57850[/snapback]

57853[/snapback]

My mate had one in his house once. He chased it with a chairleg shouting "SQUEEEEAK" and twatted it one, and that was the end of that. It sounds horrendous but at the time I was helpless with laughter. :razz:

57873[/snapback]

I know what you mean. I battered one with a frying pan in our student house. We also saw another one go in the spin dryer so we switched it on. Seemed hilarious at the time. :razz:

57560[/snapback]

Is it defintely coming from the wheels? If so it could be the suspension ball-joints.

If it's coming from further towards the engine bay then it might be the steering rack on it's way out, either job is not that expensive...

Then again I ain't heard the noise so it could bw something completely different and more expensive.... :lol:

57560[/snapback]

Is it defintely coming from the wheels? If so it could be the suspension ball-joints.

If it's coming from further towards the engine bay then it might be the steering rack on it's way out, either job is not that expensive...

Then again I ain't heard the noise so it could bw something completely different and more expensive.... :lol:

57958[/snapback]

It seems to have stopped now, it was defo the wheels, getting new brake pads soon so i'll get them to have a look to see if it owt needs attending to. Bastard Lexus dealers take your eyes out, might take a trip to Kwik Fit!

57560[/snapback]

57958[/snapback]

It seems to have stopped now, it was defo the wheels, getting new brake pads soon so i'll get them to have a look to see if it owt needs attending to. Bastard Lexus dealers take your eyes out, might take a trip to Kwik Fit!

57968[/snapback]

Well i hope your lass is paying as it is her car, after all

:razz:;)

Shoafer i believe is the correct term for you my friend.

Edited by Wacky Jnr

57560[/snapback]

Then again I ain't heard the noise so it could bw something completely different and more expensive.... :rolleyes:

57958[/snapback]

57968[/snapback]

Well i hope your lass is paying as it is her car, after all

:icon_lol:;)

Shoafer i believe is the correct term for you my friend.

57999[/snapback]

See your schooling was of the highest order then eh!?

Chauffeur is the word I think you're looking for! :blink:

On the same subject, I get a strange muffled clunking noise from the front right wing of my car when I turn sharply right. And no, it's not me knocking people over.

Is it mice?

Edited by sweetleftpeg

On the same subject, I get a strange muffled clunking noise from the front right wing of my car when I turn sharply right. And no, it's not me knocking people over.

Is it mice?

58548[/snapback]

Whoa! I've just started getting a funny noise when I turn my steering wheel to the right too. :rolleyes: I'm taking it to the garage tomorrow because it's worryingly lout. Sort of a clunky grinding noise.

Is it mice?

58548[/snapback]

More likely to be CV joints.

58574[/snapback]

Sounds like it :rolleyes:

Or it could be the suspension ball joints. Jack the car up, get hold of the wheel in both hands and try to rock it on the hub. Any movement and get a garage to take a look at the suspension arms.

Is it mice?

58548[/snapback]

Whoa! I've just started getting a funny noise when I turn my steering wheel to the right too. :rolleyes: I'm taking it to the garage tomorrow because it's worryingly lout. Sort of a clunky grinding noise.

58550[/snapback]

You just want another day off tbh. ;)