who else is getting fucked off with these..

Kevin

Feel for Guthrie like. He needs half a dozen games in the middle but he gets pushed out wide left to accomodate Smith, Nolan and Butt.

I don't like this system of playing 2 defensive midfield players. Never have. You can see why Keegan liked Guthrie, he is the only forward midfield player we have that looks around him in possession and tries to play the ball around, not a top player mind but has the bit extra about him. Forest and WBA are by far better footballing teams than us.

Before the game a draw would have been OK yesterday but having played against 10 men for all the 2nd half and changing the system too late, it is 2 points lost.

Guthrie was shite, is shite and less than average even playing in this league, lacks basic skill ......IMHO. Is this all we;ve got to look forward to!?

he's the only player we have just now who is prepared to look around when he has the ball, thats the point I'm making, and no I agree he isn't good enough to be a good premiership player so yes it is all we have to look forward to !!! Mike Ashley is not going to show the ambition required for this football club that should be shown and sadly the ambition that a lot of people on here took for granted under the old regime and slated in the end.

Wahay! :)

:)

Feel for Guthrie like. He needs half a dozen games in the middle but he gets pushed out wide left to accomodate Smith, Nolan and Butt.

I don't like this system of playing 2 defensive midfield players. Never have. You can see why Keegan liked Guthrie, he is the only forward midfield player we have that looks around him in possession and tries to play the ball around, not a top player mind but has the bit extra about him. Forest and WBA are by far better footballing teams than us.

Before the game a draw would have been OK yesterday but having played against 10 men for all the 2nd half and changing the system too late, it is 2 points lost.

Guthrie was shite, is shite and less than average even playing in this league, lacks basic skill ......IMHO. Is this all we;ve got to look forward to!?

he's the only player we have just now who is prepared to look around when he has the ball, thats the point I'm making, and no I agree he isn't good enough to be a good premiership player so yes it is all we have to look forward to !!! Mike Ashley is not going to show the ambition required for this football club that should be shown and sadly the ambition that a lot of people on here took for granted under the old regime and slated in the end.

Always comes back to that... :D

Can we change his name to "SJH's Lovechild" ?

Playing 2 defensive midfielders is fine... as long as both of them can actually pass the ball to their own players. On Saturday every pass Butt made went to no one or the opposition. He had an aweful game. Not sure why we don't use the wings more...

Regarding ambition - everyone know how he runs his existing empire why would it have been any different when it comes to the club... I am still purplexed that the previous owners sold us out tbh.. perhaps underlines the fact that they were crooks in just the same way. At least we are not in the position Cpalace/Pompey are.. although I do wonder what happens to the Adidas store when Puma take over shirt sponsorship :).. and I doubt we will stay in Premier L if we do get promoted as we haven't got the quality. On the pitch we can openly compare ourselves against Hull/Burnley et al now!

Playing 2 defensive midfielders is fine... as long as both of them can actually pass the ball to their own players. On Saturday every pass Butt made went to no one or the opposition. He had an aweful game. Not sure why we don't use the wings more...

Regarding ambition - everyone know how he runs his existing empire why would it have been any different when it comes to the club... I am still purplexed that the previous owners sold us out tbh.. perhaps underlines the fact that they were crooks in just the same way. At least we are not in the position Cpalace/Pompey are.. although I do wonder what happens to the Adidas store when Puma take over shirt sponsorship :).. and I doubt we will stay in Premier L if we do get promoted as we haven't got the quality. On the pitch we can openly compare ourselves against Hull/Burnley et al now!

We are quite some way to being that standard tbh.

I agree about Guthrie. He isn't and never will be a world beater but he's one of the few players we have who actually looks like a footballer and who is interested in looking up, playing intelligent passes, and driving forward. But he keeps getting shunted off to one wing or another in favor of two terrible players, one of whom is obviously finished and one who is and always has been shite, and one mediocre one in Nolan. If I were in CH's shoes I'd pick Guthrie and Nolan in the centre and Routledge and Jonas on the wings, send Butt to the glue factory, and relegate Smith to the bench, maybe playing him as the fifth midfielder in tough away games with Nolan supporting the lone striker.

I've had a nagging suspicion for a while that The Fat One has instructed Hughton to always play our highest earners when fit, regardless of suitability.

"If I'm paying 'em, you play 'em"

This suspicion is rapidly becoming a belief.

I've had a nagging suspicion for a while that The Fat One has instructed Hughton to always play our highest earners when fit, regardless of suitability.

Prime example.. Michael Owen.

I agree about Guthrie. He isn't and never will be a world beater but he's one of the few players we have who actually looks like a footballer and who is interested in looking up, playing intelligent passes, and driving forward. But he keeps getting shunted off to one wing or another in favor of two terrible players, one of whom is obviously finished and one who is and always has been shite, and one mediocre one in Nolan. If I were in CH's shoes I'd pick Guthrie and Nolan in the centre and Routledge and Jonas on the wings, send Butt to the glue factory, and relegate Smith to the bench, maybe playing him as the fifth midfielder in tough away games with Nolan supporting the lone striker.

I would play Smith and Guthrie although neither of them has the pace or legs to support the strikers quickly and neither of them attempts to get into the box and score a few goals.

are you talking about Freddie Shepherd, who "anybody would do better"........

Always comes back to that... :icon_lol:

On the contrary lad, I only hope the next time we have someone running the club with ambition to put it where it ought to be, the thousands of supporters actually attracted back to the club have the sense to support them and back them :) Meanwhile we wait for someone to buy out Ashley and actually do what the Halls and Shepherd did when they bought the club. Its a strange world, and NUFC supporters know their football ......... :D

Always comes back to that... :icon_lol:

On the contrary lad, I only hope the next time we have someone running the club with ambition to put it where it ought to be, the thousands of supporters actually attracted back to the club have the sense to support them and back them :) Meanwhile we wait for someone to buy out Ashley and actually do what the Halls and Shepherd did when they bought the club. Its a strange world, and NUFC supporters know their football ......... :D

YAWN.......FUCK! Is that the time? :)

Did anyone hear nolan talking after the game? he seemed depressed?

I wouldn't be suprised. Is there any clip of this?

I get the feeling that Nolan and Smith are returning to how they were at the end of last season. Not giving a fuck.

However, it may just be that they're both just tired. Alternating the two over the next couple of games, giving each a game's rest, could help.

I'm not too sure about Kevin, despite the goals he's kicked in.

However, I do believe that Smith does give a shit ... but he's just knackered.

I'll be interested to see just what Barton does bring to the table when he returns.

If there is a player I just gett depressed about, it's Carroll. All strut and no fucking show. Also, never seems aware of who's around him when he attempts to go forward.

I hope that Jonas is back for the game against Cardif. If he was on the bench over the weekend, surely he's match fit and the decision to not bring him on was just to rest him.

Most of all, GET RID OF FUCKING BUTT.

are you talking about Freddie Shepherd, who "anybody would do better"........

No , you tedious old fart.

I'm talking about Mike Ashley, just so there's no confusion or ambiguity.