Would you start Ranger ahead of Carroll?

Park Life

I said some time ago that to ensure promotion I would play Ranger in every game. He is really raw, but, for me, he seems to have the ability to keep hold of the ball. Apart from scoring goals, if a striker can hold the ball up allowing other players to make runs, then he is a great asset to any team.

Mind you, I haven't seen much of the two of them lately so my point could well be horseshit. Who said 'there's a first' ?? :):)

Well... everytime he comes on he appears to make a difference..

But then I don't we are playing to AC's strengths. I admit he isn't no AShearer, but tbh could you imagine Alan's views if he was playing in the team right now? Hoof Ball to Alan.. Alan hold it up please.. oh.. lost it in the middle due to Butt.. Now Alan go stand up front for us and chase the ball.. don't worry we'll cross to you now and again.. when we can get it past the first man.. or maybe 10 cm's off the floor..

We have a strong forward line who can beat any team in the land for height and strenght.. and what do we do... not cross the ball! We don't play wide unless Jonas is playing and then he can't cross.. Taylor can't cross to save his life.. and then oh.. we don't have a natural right winger.. unless Routledge impresses.

If we put Ranger on - we need to change our style.. but then if we put AC we need to as well.. basics really so WTF can't they do something about it!

I think whenever I see Ranger sniffing around he looks more likely to score. The problem is Carroll seems part of the hughton gameplan.

Carroll and Lovenkrands should ALWAYS be the first choice strikers and a 4-4-2 formation should always be played in this league full of mediocrity and crap. There is no excuse for 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 - there will be plenty of time for that next season. :)

After yesterday's performance, Ranger all the time. Carroll has the inability to not hold the ball up and wait for incoming support, it was really depressing yesterday seeing someone of such height hardly winning a header. I also think recently he's became alot more lazier and prone to easy interceptions due to lack of awareness and vision. His attitude for me really needs to improve aswell.

Not much to choose between the two of them.

Neither of them appear that good part of which is down to the lack of creativity in midfield. I doubt if ranger would do much better than carroll when hughton's main tactic is to belt high balls into the box.

it was really depressing yesterday seeing someone of such height hardly winning a header. I also think recently he's became alot more lazier and prone to easy interceptions due to lack of awareness and vision. His attitude for me really needs to improve aswell.

Well - from what I saw from the Leicester end it looked like he actually won every ball in the 1st half, but then they didn't bother playing wide - kept on going through the middle and loosing it!!!!!

it was really depressing yesterday seeing someone of such height hardly winning a header. I also think recently he's became alot more lazier and prone to easy interceptions due to lack of awareness and vision. His attitude for me really needs to improve aswell.

Well - from what I saw from the Leicester end it looked like he actually won every ball in the 1st half, but then they didn't bother playing wide - kept on going through the middle and loosing it!!!!!

This was mostly in the second half when we were attacking the away end, which I was misfortunately standing in.

This was mostly in the second half when we were attacking the away end, which I was misfortunately standing in.

LOL - well I was in the home end - was interesting in the 1st half when they went down to 10 men :).

TBH I really think the tactics aren't helping him much, but he does appear to spend more time moaning about being fouled..

i'd probably play both of them at the moment. you've got to have a bit of mobility up front, which ranger has. carrol needs someone running off him to get on to his flicks, which nolan didn't do once all night apart from that chance in the first minute. pairing the two of them against leicester the other night was a shocker. you got about as much movement as a couple of sloths that have been hitting the bongs all night.

I dont see the problem of starting with both of them, but i reckon from now on it is probably going to be Best and Carrol/Ranger up front. In that instance i would prefer to see Ranger giving a starting spot, he is a raw talent but hopefully he can be honed and develop into a great forward given a good run in the first team.