• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather Moses...

but he does have more than any of our strikers

9 in 15 according to wiki.

He got 5 in 5 games in September and won player of the month.

4 in the 4 months since doesn't bode quite as well.

2 goals in 31 appearances last season. I'm almost at the point of no return while Ashley is here. I'm sure Hughton would like to sign better players than this, but hes not being given the opportunity to do so by the fat man. So depressing this.

5 strikers not good enough for the Premiership..

Its going to be "great" next season if we do go up!

It’s about getting out of this division and then getting the quality. How many teams last season that went up have premiership quality strikers?

5 strikers not good enough for the Premiership..

Its going to be "great" next season if we do go up!

It’s about getting out of this division and then getting the quality. How many teams last season that went up have premiership quality strikers?

I do realise that but stockpiling on average players when if we have any chance of staying up next season we already need to shift the likes of Butt, Smith etc will mean one hell of reshuffle of the squad. We would have been better off extending the loans we already had and saving the extra pennies to the end of the season then buying "more of the same"

Best contract is up in the summer so another cheap deal.

And if Butts gets renewed I might explode.

I would have preferred a loan deal for someone else yes. But I'm holding out till we see how this guy fairs. He is only 23 so has every chance to make it in the prem.

Big Willy has yet to be given a chance in the prem.

Simpson has played in the prem and done all right.

Only person I’m not sure about is Routledge.

I've seen him play forb reland quite a bit.

I...don't really know what to say. He's a big centre forward who isn't very mobile and doesn't score many goals.

A poor mans Caleb Folan. And that's saying something.

Can't see him adding much, not too different to Carroll or Ranger. Pace is needed not this ffs

I've seen him play forb reland quite a bit.

I...don't really know what to say. He's a big centre forward who isn't very mobile and doesn't score many goals.

A poor mans Caleb Folan. And that's saying something.

Can't see him adding much, not too different to Carroll or Ranger. Pace is needed not this ffs

And I quite rate Folan.

Best is just...

fuck.

Clinton Morrisson would have been better as at least he has an eye for goal.

He might go on to be a more succesful player for Newcastle than Peter Beardsley. The sort you'll see in a NUFC history book in 100 years time.

I think he played well against us at the Ricoh earlier on this season?

Harewood would have been a better signing, btw.

In the middle of a medical according to Sky Sports website

Looks like best has agreed a move to newcastle,,after sats performance by him im amazed anyone wants him.......
Edited by Barney

3 and a half year deal. Looks more like a boxer than a footballer, mind so did Harewood. I can't be the only one shaking my head at the monitor here like and thinking.

I can just imagine Ashley on a Friday night, e'd off his face at home in his office, listening to this big smile on his face.

I honestly hate him Ashley. I do hate him. He's destroyed a city single handed.

Is everyone sure he's shit. Pacey??

2 goals in 31 league games as a centre forward Parky???? I'm telling you this now, if I lost a stone, and Smoggeordie would back me up here, I could get more than 2 goals in a season in a Championship side.

i have no idea what this bloke is like but am hoping he's a pacey get in behind the back line kind of striker as that is blatantly the kind we need.

doesn't sound like he is from comments on here so far.