Leon Best

Scottish Mag

ah. Dave has arrived again :lol:

:lol: He's here most days. I would like to see him post sometime. I don't know why he doesn't post to be honest, he used to raise the occasional good point.

what I find amusing is that NO is such a goooood board, with so many banned and unwanted posters now on here, yet he finds the time to read all our posts.

Still would have thought more of him if he had been big enough to respond to my posts/attempted pms months ago too.

Still, wtf. You can swear on here and other terrible things, talk earnestly and factually about how good it was to be in europe regulary, and disagree with admin. :lol:

It's not that good a board, there's far more posters than here, and as a consequence far more talking shite. My bitterness was squarely due to the fact people who grew up hundreds of miles away with absolutely no connection to the club other than we were good in 90s, had the power to ban me. Most of us slag Man Utd and Liverpool's cockney reds, so I see no difference between them and Newcastle. They see a magic in Liverpool and Man Utd, and they saw something similar in us and support us for that very reason. That's not exclusive to NO, it's everywhere. Anyway good luck to NO, we all piss and shite the same, and I'm sure a lot of them are very good people, no point in bleating on about not having access.

Anyway, lets give Best a chance, I was thinking about him tonight texting his mates "YE BLUD BUZZIN HOME BOY, GET U TICKETS FOR DA GAME", and he'll be aware the expectancy level is higher here. We've got him now, he's our player and lets get behind him so he can turn out for us with a lot of confidence. When a player, especially at Newcastle I would say, has the belief that the crowd like him he can raise his game 50% you saw it with Sibierski, and there's a lot of players the crowd just don't like and they never manage to raise it. So lets get behind him, and lets hope what happened to Harewood when he got booed off never happens to him, because he's 23, and most people are still kids mentally at 23, regardless what front they put on, he'll be sensitive to abuse, so lets get behind him and see if he can flourish.

Edited by Stevie

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our wide variety of average strikers/forwards would be passable if we actually had a decent midfield. As it is they're nigh on useless.

:lol: He's here most days. I would like to see him post sometime. I don't know why he doesn't post to be honest, he used to raise the occasional good point.

what I find amusing is that NO is such a goooood board, with so many banned and unwanted posters now on here, yet he finds the time to read all our posts.

Still would have thought more of him if he had been big enough to respond to my posts/attempted pms months ago too.

Still, wtf. You can swear on here and other terrible things, talk earnestly and factually about how good it was to be in europe regulary, and disagree with admin. :lol:

It's not that good a board, there's far more posters than here, and as a consequence far more talking shite. My bitterness was squarely due to the fact people who grew up hundreds of miles away with absolutely no connection to the club other than we were good in 90s, had the power to ban me. Most of us slag Man Utd and Liverpool's cockney reds, so I see no difference between them and Newcastle. They see a magic in Liverpool and Man Utd, and they saw something similar in us and support us for that very reason. That's not exclusive to NO, it's everywhere. Anyway good luck to NO, we all piss and shite the same, and I'm sure a lot of them are very good people, no point in bleating on about not having access.

Anyway, lets give Best a chance, I was thinking about him tonight texting his mates "YE BLUD BUZZIN HOME BOY, GET U TICKETS FOR DA GAME", and he'll be aware the expectancy level is higher here. We've got him now, he's our player and lets get behind him so he can turn out for us with a lot of confidence. When a player, especially at Newcastle I would say, has the belief that the crowd like him he can raise his game 50% you saw it with Sibierski, and there's a lot of players the crowd just don't like and they never manage to raise it. So lets get behind him, and lets hope what happened to Harewood when he got booed off never happens to him, because he's 23, and most people are still kids mentally at 23, regardless what front they put on, he'll be sensitive to abuse, so lets get behind him and see if he can flourish.

Like the second para. We all need to get positive for the run in, the future of mankind depends on it. ;)

He's awful and we are left questioning why we'd be signing someone who probably isn't good enough for the Championship when we hopefully will be playing in a higher division next season. I hope that I'll be proven wrong.

But as Stevie says he's our player now and we have to get behind him.

He's awful and we are left questioning why we'd be signing someone who probably isn't good enough for the Championship when we hopefully will be playing in a higher division next season. I hope that I'll be proven wrong.

But as Stevie says he's our player now and we have to get behind him.

He's not that bad. Proabably played badly cause Cov is so depressing and was getting boed regularly.

Our wide variety of average strikers/forwards would be passable if we actually had a decent midfield. As it is they're nigh on useless.

as i've said earlier, i dont think CH see's the 2 CM as anything other than destroyers. our play is gonna revert to a more elemental form of play whereby we get the ball out to the wing early for our quick wingers (which we do have now) and crossed into the box early for the 2 big lads up front to challenge for, with maybe someone from midfield getting forward. basic but sometimes effective.

this is just my opinion. i would like to hear what anyone else thinks our tactics will be up to the end of the season.

as i've said earlier, i dont think CH see's the 2 CM as anything other than destroyers. our play is gonna revert to a more elemental form of play whereby we get the ball out to the wing early for our quick wingers (which we do have now) and crossed into the box early for the 2 big lads up front to challenge for, with maybe someone from midfield getting forward. basic but sometimes effective.

this is just my opinion. i would like to hear what anyone else thinks our tactics will be up to the end of the season.

Hughton has decided to do without a midfield and instead play 6 strikers. Each attack will start with Harper who will Launch the ball forward for our strikers.

Still, wtf. You can swear on here and other terrible things, talk earnestly and factually about how good it was to be in europe regulary, and disagree with admin. ;)

I was taking the piss Stevie. There are as you say far more posters talking shite, in fact the vast majority do. I was often asked why I only posted in threads about the board, the reason for that - which I also said - was that there were too many threads and I was just posting in the ones that interested me. What I find peculiar about the likes of Dave spending so much time on here is because having banned all the posters on NO that he thinks drag it down or whatever why spend so much time elsewhere? Surely he and anybody else on their admin should be pleased that they have retained all the best posters over there ;)

Repeat. I would have thought more of them if they/he had responded to my pm/posts on here. Whatever. It is interesting to look in now and again and find people saying that you talked sense etc etc.......and of course as I make an odd post and they don't know it is me ;) obviously I can't post anything that would make them realise it is me but beating their childish way of doing things is amusing. They had the chance to keep a new id for me in the open but tbh there isn't much point really in posting stuff that isn't what you really want to say. That board was better for the likes of me and you posting on it. They know it and so does everybody else, I see the self styled accountants like macbeth have disappeard along with Baggio ......... :lol: Another dickhead I had disagreements with is back too, macca888, another exile like tooner and Noelie who think they know all about the club, who did nothing other than slate Keegan for his "tactical ineptitude" etc etc while watching no manager since get anywhere near him, who is now slating Shearer for exactly the same thing and harping on about Hughton being a "good coach". I bet Hughton gets nowhere near Keegan either. :)

Anyway. I can't really agree with being optimistic about Best. To me he is just another Tony Cunningham, in principle you are getting behind a player for the sake of the club but you are also showing the owners you are accepting shit standards. Not acceptable in my eyes, which is exactly how I felt about this club all the way during the 70's, 80's until 1992-93.

Edited by LeazesMag

Anyway. I can't really agree with being optimistic about Best. To me he is just another Tony Cunningham, in principle you are getting behind a player for the sake of the club but you are also showing the owners you are accepting shit standards. Not acceptable in my eyes, which is exactly how I felt about this club all the way during the 70's, 80's until 1992-93.

Totally agree, average, even for this division, sums up ambition and aspirations.

Edited by Jackies the Lad

Still, wtf. You can swear on here and other terrible things, talk earnestly and factually about how good it was to be in europe regulary, and disagree with admin. ;)

I was taking the piss Stevie. There are as you say far more posters talking shite, in fact the vast majority do. I was often asked why I only posted in threads about the board, the reason for that - which I also said - was that there were too many threads and I was just posting in the ones that interested me. What I find peculiar about the likes of Dave spending so much time on here is because having banned all the posters on NO that he thinks drag it down or whatever why spend so much time elsewhere? Surely he and anybody else on their admin should be pleased that they have retained all the best posters over there ;)

Repeat. I would have thought more of them if they/he had responded to my pm/posts on here. Whatever. It is interesting to look in now and again and find people saying that you talked sense etc etc.......and of course as I make an odd post and they don't know it is me ;) obviously I can't post anything that would make them realise it is me but beating their childish way of doing things is amusing. They had the chance to keep a new id for me in the open but tbh there isn't much point really in posting stuff that isn't what you really want to say. That board was better for the likes of me and you posting on it. They know it and so does everybody else, I see the self styled accountants like macbeth have disappeard along with Baggio ......... :lol: Another dickhead I had disagreements with is back too, macca888, another exile like tooner and Noelie who think they know all about the club, who did nothing other than slate Keegan for his "tactical ineptitude" etc etc while watching no manager since get anywhere near him, who is now slating Shearer for exactly the same thing and harping on about Hughton being a "good coach". I bet Hughton gets nowhere near Keegan either. :)

I take your point about slagging Keegan although that's not just exclusive to Newcastle Online. I usually find it's out of town people who do this who jump on the national ridicule Keegan bandwagon. Your younger local fan does it, in fact the only two notable younger under 25 who support Keegan hand over fist are Jonny2J and Smoggeordie. When you read people saying "Everyone knew Keegan would quit" anyone with any fucking dignity would have done with a dwarf like rodent (his genes need checking for a new species) undermining him and telling him to watch youtubes. I know nobody is above criticism, but with Keegan he's pretty close to being exempt from it in my eyes, cynics say he came back for the money, cynics are wanks, he came back because of his deep love of the club, if you couldn't see that in his interviews and passion on the touchline then they're blind cunts. It's the biggest thing at fucks me off about these "half fans" as I term them, and media absorbing sheep.

Totally agree, average, even for this division, sums up ambition and aspirations.

Well what are we supposed to do??? Boo the cunt? Surely that's going to make the situation worse?

Well what are we supposed to do??? Boo the cunt? Surely that's going to make the situation worse?

Aye, and what you said about the 50% boost an ordinary player can get from the crowd is spot on too. Trouble is he's joining us at a time when people are particularly underwhelmed with what's going on. Hope he makes a good start so the usual whingers don't have an excuse to get straight on his back. :lol:

I think people not expecting too much from him, might be not too bad. Who expects nothing can only get pleasently surprised anyway. And although people have their reservations it is not as if people do hate him right from the start. He has also the benefit of people not expecting too much from the likes of Ameobi and Carrol either. So at the moment he probably starts with being the least of three evils.

Obviously the downside is that if Best in fact proves to be shit people will probably start to boo him straight away. That's down to the frustration bred from the apathy those useless idiots managing the club have created.

I think people not expecting too much from him, might be not too bad. Who expects nothing can only get pleasently surprised anyway. And although people have their reservations it is not as if people do hate him right from the start. He has also the benefit of people not expecting too much from the likes of Ameobi and Carrol either. So at the moment he probably starts with being the least of three evils.

Obviously the downside is that if Best in fact proves to be shit people will probably start to boo him straight away. That's down to the frustration bred from the apathy those useless idiots managing the club have created.

Aye, that's where it stems from, but the same mugs sing we are the loyalest football supporters the world has ever had.

I have no expectation from this club, but I do expect at least 100% effort from the team and coaching staff, woeful of late. Would I boo a player, no, this would not be right, you have to support them even though we have some really shit players.

I have no expectation from this club, but I do expect at least 100% effort from the team and coaching staff, woeful of late. Would I boo a player, no, this would not be right, you have to support them even though we have some really shit players.

I've never understood the concept of booing players anyway as I've never seen it having a positive effect during a match.

I take your point about slagging Keegan although that's not just exclusive to Newcastle Online. I usually find it's out of town people who do this who jump on the national ridicule Keegan bandwagon. Your younger local fan does it, in fact the only two notable younger under 25 who support Keegan hand over fist are Jonny2J and Smoggeordie. When you read people saying "Everyone knew Keegan would quit" anyone with any fucking dignity would have done with a dwarf like rodent (his genes need checking for a new species) undermining him and telling him to watch youtubes. I know nobody is above criticism, but with Keegan he's pretty close to being exempt from it in my eyes, cynics say he came back for the money, cynics are wanks, he came back because of his deep love of the club, if you couldn't see that in his interviews and passion on the touchline then they're blind cunts. It's the biggest thing at fucks me off about these "half fans" as I term them, and media absorbing sheep.

I agree Stevie. I just can't get my head round any toon fan slagging Keegan. Not that he's perfect, far from it, but after what he's done for the club, as a player and a manager, he's earned automatic respect in my book. I don't blame him for what's happened to the club, and the tribunal pretty much supported his version of events in any case. The anti-Keegan shit on N-O is pretty much the reason I hardly go on there anymore.

What pisses me off most of all about the Keegan thing is people sneering at us for being "emotional" and "irrational" in our opinions of the man. It's football for fuck's sake, it's supposed to be about the emotional and the irrational, not analysing percentages in the fucking Tactics Truck.

What pisses me off most of all about the Keegan thing is people sneering at us for being "emotional" and "irrational" in our opinions of the man. It's football for fuck's sake, it's supposed to be about the emotional and the irrational, not analysing percentages in the fucking Tactics Truck.

Aye. Also, according to the press, we're so often potrayed as being overly demanding as Newcastle fans as we don't back our managers / give them a chance / have realistic expectations / blah, blah, blah, yet when we, almost to a man, backed KK unequivocally (even before the walk out and when we were struggling when he'd just took over two seasons ago, we were then overly romantic etc. rather than being loyal.

Myths are too dangerous. This country will end up like America...fuckwits to the dozen.

;) He's here most days. I would like to see him post sometime. I don't know why he doesn't post to be honest, he used to raise the occasional good point.

I was taking the piss Stevie. There are as you say far more posters talking shite, in fact the vast majority do. I was often asked why I only posted in threads about the board, the reason for that - which I also said - was that there were too many threads and I was just posting in the ones that interested me. What I find peculiar about the likes of Dave spending so much time on here is because having banned all the posters on NO that he thinks drag it down or whatever why spend so much time elsewhere? Surely he and anybody else on their admin should be pleased that they have retained all the best posters over there :)

Repeat. I would have thought more of them if they/he had responded to my pm/posts on here. Whatever. It is interesting to look in now and again and find people saying that you talked sense etc etc.......and of course as I make an odd post and they don't know it is me ;) obviously I can't post anything that would make them realise it is me but beating their childish way of doing things is amusing. They had the chance to keep a new id for me in the open but tbh there isn't much point really in posting stuff that isn't what you really want to say. That board was better for the likes of me and you posting on it. They know it and so does everybody else, I see the self styled accountants like macbeth have disappeard along with Baggio ......... :lol: Another dickhead I had disagreements with is back too, macca888, another exile like tooner and Noelie who think they know all about the club, who did nothing other than slate Keegan for his "tactical ineptitude" etc etc while watching no manager since get anywhere near him, who is now slating Shearer for exactly the same thing and harping on about Hughton being a "good coach". I bet Hughton gets nowhere near Keegan either. :rolleyes:

Myths are too dangerous. This country will end up like America...fuckwits to the dozen.

You should be eucharistic minister Parky :lol:

CHRIS Hughton has declared Newcastle United’s January recruitment drive a “success” – insisting that all of his new recruits have the potential to become established Premier League players.

United brought their business to a close by signing Coventry City’s pacey forward Leon Best yesterday for an undisclosed fee believed to be a around £500,000, as well as finally selling Geremi to Turkish side Ankaragucu.

The 23-year-old Republic of Ireland signed a three-and-a-half year contract following the permanent deals for Danny Simpson, Mike Williamson and Wayne Routledge – all of whom have substantial experience in the second tier.

But Hughton – who said loan moves between now and the end of the season are “unlikely” – last night refuted suggestions he has recruited solely to get his side out of the Championship.

He believes that his additions are “exciting” and have the ability to improve during their time at St James’ Park.

“We have got good value for money and I believe the squad is in better shape now,” he said.

“It’s a difficult market to operate in. If you want to bring in established strong Premier League players it is going to cost you a lot of money. But I am

delighted with what we have done – I have no complaints about the backing I got from the owner.

“It was not a case of bringing in players who will only do a job for us in the Championship. Wayne Routledge has Premier League experience but Danny Simpson, Mike Williamson and Leon Best are players we feel can develop at the club.

“Can they become regular Premier League players? That is up to the individual and how they develop.

“But they are all a good age and for me, the most important thing is they all have ability and potential to develop into that kind of player.

“It is up to us as well, of course. We have to coach them right and make sure we use them in the right way, but the most important thing is they have the ability.

“For me it is more exciting to bring in players where you can see the potential. And of course they are very excited about being at Newcastle, because it is a fantastic club. The chance to establish themselves here is a big motivation.

“Of course, the most important thing is to get into the Premier League – we have to get there first and these players know this division.”

Best, who will compete for a spot in the side with Andy Carroll, Shola Ameobi, Peter Lovenkrands and Nile Ranger, offers Newcastle a different option – and Hughton admits adding pace was an important consideration in January.

“I think what we wanted is different types of strikers. We know we’re going into the business end of the season and have to be able to compete on all fronts,” he said.

“He’s different: he’s got a bit of power and a bit of pace. He’s a lad that has played in this division and is used to it. More importantly he’s got lots of potential.

“He’s 23 and that is a very good age. We feel that there’s a lot more to come from Leon and that we can bring out the best in him.”

United could not do a deal for Victor Moses, who signed for Wigan, but Hughton said he had always factored for missing out on some of his targets. “Everyone knows we were interested in Victor and we tried to sign him but he decided to go to Wigan,” he said.

“Sometimes you can’t affect what happens. Every club has players that they target but don’t get.

“There’s so much business being done, you need to have other options and that’s what we had.”

Meanwhile, Hughton says he will give his new players time to settle before considering the loan market. He retains an interest in Carlos Vela, the Arsenal forward, but is unlikely to pursue it unless his squad is hit by injuries.

“I can’t see too much change in the squad between now and the end of the season at the moment,” he said. “I think we will just have to get a feel for the team now that we have added the new players.

“It is always open to us.”

and from yesterday

Hughton has also been monitoring Mexican Vela as he looks to add pace to his striking options. The Gunners are looking to loan the young Mexican out after their FA Cup exit but any move would be complicated by Arsenal’s insistence that he plays regularly.