Leon Best

Scottish Mag

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if he said look Hughton no ones wearing 9 why can't I have it. I think any journo reading this someone like Simon Bird, should ask the question, can you explain why Leon being a striker was not offered the number 9 shirt.

2 goals in 31 appearances last season. I'm almost at the point of no return while Ashley is here. I'm sure Hughton would like to sign better players than this, but hes not being given the opportunity to do so by the fat man. So depressing this.

Nailed.

i can't understand the three and a half year deal like.

Can't give 2.5 under new rules as after a year they're allowed to look around or summink.

You sure about that? Isn't it the other way round if you think about the Webster case, i.e. that a player can look elsewhere after a protected period? Though, FIFA seem to have changed Art. 17 now, so I am not sure.

2 goals in 31 appearances last season. I'm almost at the point of no return while Ashley is here. I'm sure Hughton would like to sign better players than this, but hes not being given the opportunity to do so by the fat man. So depressing this.

Nailed.

it's bloody depressing. still could be worse, we could be crystal palace.

the amazing thing is that we're still in with a great shout of going up despite ashley doing his best to fuck us over

Can't give 2.5 under new rules as after a year they're allowed to look around or summink.

You sure about that? Isn't it the other way round if you think about the Webster case, i.e. that a player can look elsewhere after a protected period? Though, FIFA seem to have changed Art. 17 now, so I am not sure.

Well at the very least it stops them running it down as they would if it was 2 or so. In the 3.5 the protected period is 2 iirc. Not sure these days.

Nailed.

it's bloody depressing. still could be worse, we could be crystal palace.

the amazing thing is that we're still in with a great shout of going up despite ashley doing his best to fuck us over

I hardly know what to say..................apart from sounding like a broken record...

Well at the very least it stops them running it down as they would if it was 2 or so. In the 3.5 the protected period is 2 iirc. Not sure these days.

Nothe protected period is three years for players under 28 and just two years for players over 28.

2.5 years would have been enough, maybe an option for another year, for a player who is at the moment mediocre Championship standard at best and it's questionable if he can become a decent striker for a higher level. There would always been the chance to offer him a new contract in case he proves to be a hit (and people wrong).

Nothe protected period is three years for players under 28 and just two years for players over 28.

2.5 years would have been enough, maybe an option for another year, for a player who is at the moment mediocre Championship standard at best and it's questionable if he can become a decent striker for a higher level. There would always been the chance to offer him a new contract in case he proves to be a hit (and people wrong).

Gotcha. :lol:

Gotcha. :lol:

bargain pushed from the back of the shelf to the front, looking for an astute businessman to pounce.

ah. Dave has arrived again :lol:

:lol: He's here most days. I would like to see him post sometime. I don't know why he doesn't post to be honest, he used to raise the occasional good point.

You'll know things are bad when the Leon 'Best' debate comes down to whether he can run fast or not....Never mind the football.

There must be something in the water. I get in from work and our kid says "I see Leon Best has signed. Is he quick?"

Ah well time to put the positive head on. Last player we signed from Coventry was considered by some at the time to be mediocre and over-hyped.

Bellamy did alright for himself though :lol:

As for the #9 thing... I genuinely think they're too shit scared to give it to anyone they'd consider signing as they know we'd be massively underwhelmed and have another bough to beat them with :lol:

ah. Dave has arrived again :lol:

:lol: He's here most days. I would like to see him post sometime. I don't know why he doesn't post to be honest, he used to raise the occasional good point.

what I find amusing is that NO is such a goooood board, with so many banned and unwanted posters now on here, yet he finds the time to read all our posts.

Still would have thought more of him if he had been big enough to respond to my posts/attempted pms months ago too.

Still, wtf. You can swear on here and other terrible things, talk earnestly and factually about how good it was to be in europe regulary, and disagree with admin. :lol:

Ah well time to put the positive head on. Last player we signed from Coventry was considered by some at the time to be mediocre and over-hyped.

Bellamy did alright for himself though :lol:

As for the #9 thing... I genuinely think they're too shit scared to give it to anyone they'd consider signing as they know we'd be massively underwhelmed and have another bough to beat them with :lol:

not by me, and I was roundly disagreed with too ........

I can't see how you can remotely link Bellamy with Best, save for the Coventry connection. To mention them both in the same sentence is ludicrous.

The Coventry connection (and to a lesser extent a general apathy at both signings) was what I was getting at.

Who knows what Best will do? Safe to say there's very few, if any, on here who have watched him that closely.