Leon Best

Scottish Mag

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW I bet if this kid does sign, he'll get the #9 shirt.

I've just said that.

Haven't you worked out I generally ignore your posts? :lol:

There's been a severe lack of evidence of that ;) Your bigger ones I generally scroll down to the next though so maybe you do that too in fairness.

You still here? ;)

Are you? :lol: "It's my fucking board ;) boo hoo". I'm only here for your riveting, informative, ground breaking, humourous, intuitive contribution Craig, you should know that by now.

:lol:

Can I be the first to coin the name Leon Worst ?

Anyway, if he is signing, I hope he proves all the doubters wrong and scores a bucketfull :lol:

so do I, in fact nothing would please me more than for us to have signed a player whos never been particularly good for a small amount of money and watch him become amazing under our managers guidance

but he wont

He's not the first Best to play in black and white for Newcastle. Anyone know who the first was?

Aye, Peter Beardsley : Simly The BEST :lol: :lol:

:lol: I regard Peter higher than Shearer. I think the Shearer testimonial had an overwhelming sense of occasion, where Peter's didn't but should have done.

George Best ;) He played for us in a testimonial at Easter Road in the late 70's. Also Jeremiah Best aka Jez Best who played for us in the 1919/1920 season.

Edited by Stevie

He's not the first Best to play in black and white for Newcastle. Anyone know who the first was?

;) I regard Peter higher than Shearer. I think the Shearer testimonial had an overwhelming sense of occasion, where Peter's didn't but should have done.

George Best ;) He played for us in a testimonial at Easter Road in the late 70's. Also John best who played for us in the 1919/1920 season.

Nice edit there Stevie :lol:

;) I regard Peter higher than Shearer. I think the Shearer testimonial had an overwhelming sense of occasion, where Peter's didn't but should have done.

George Best ;) He played for us in a testimonial at Easter Road in the late 70's. Also John best who played for us in the 1919/1920 season.

Nice edit there Stevie :lol:

Well I knew someone would pick up on my spelling of George.

Saints fan reckons he was good when he came through there.

I've seen him on many occasions, extremely awkward at times, other times looks like he's a decent finisher. Overall, I'd say he'd give us as much as Ameobi does, so unless Shola is finally on his way out in the near future I see no reason to buy Best whatsoever. If there's anyone off coventry I'd want it's Gunnarsson, versatile midfielder, bags of experience despite being only 19 or 20 and takes throws as long as Delap to stick onto Carroll/Ranger etc's head.

Edited by TicTacWoe

I'm gonna go against the flow on this one. He'll get 10 before the end of the season. :lol:

Can you sell me some of whatever you've been having lately Parky :lol:

I'm gonna go against the flow on this one. He'll get 10 before the end of the season. :lol:

Can you sell me some of whatever you've been having lately Parky :lol:

I've eaten a lot of choc this morning. :lol:

From the former capital of the Netherlands?

Can you sell me some of whatever you've been having lately Parky ;)

I've eaten a lot of choc this morning. :lol:

From the former capital of the Netherlands?

Fuck me I had to google that. :lol:

Anyway met one of those sad Gerodies living in London last night. Didn't rate Keegan. Almost spat me beer out. Stupid cunt.

so is he better or worse than harewood?

Worse. He's a very mediocre player in Coventry's side, let alone a side pushing for promotion. One of the Irish lads mentioned he's a poor mans Caleb Folan, what a good analogy that is. At least Harewood has scored goals in the Premiership.