Travelling

wykikitoon

Guys and Girls

The time has come. Ive had enough of the fucking shite in work and have itchy feet. After speaking to some friends who have travelled etc I now feel its the right time to do it for me.

Soo, where the hell do I start :lol:

I want to goto Nepal for definate and travel around Asia.

Anyone done this?

Any help appreciated.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go to Austrailia...its full of twats from here constantly slagging this country off.Before I went I didn't realise that the worlds most fuckin annoying twats are those whose chief obsession in life is how sunny the weather is. And theres about 3 interesting things to see in the entire country.

If you want to see an interesting country buy an Amtrak pass here and fly to the USA and bum around there for a few months. Best thing I've ever done, fuckin brilliant time.

Don't go to Austrailia...its full of twats from here constantly slagging this country off.Before I went I didn't realise that the worlds most fuckin annoying twats are those whose chief obsession in life is how sunny the weather is. And theres about 3 interesting things to see in the entire country.

If you want to see an interesting country buy an Amtrak pass here and fly to the USA and bum around there for a few months. Best thing I've ever done, fuckin brilliant time.

:lol: So true.

Take an absolute bastard fortune with you.

Don't try and absolutely nail down your route if you can help it. Get a rough idea of the countries you want to see, and book the main flights of course, but leave yourself open to alternatives too. For example, if you go to South East Asia, and plan to visit Australia afterwards, think about possibly booking flights into Bangkok and out of Singapore, leaving yourself open to travel round Thailand, Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia as you please.

Take more than one bank card because one of them will absolutely be swallowed.

Don't take too much clothing, plan to ditch some an replace it whilst away.

Don't fill your bag up with guide books. If you take some, swap them with people along the way.

Fully utilise hostels. If they give you decent free food, take it!

Related to point one, if you're going from Asia to Australia, which is a popular way to go, don't live like a king in Asia when you discover how cheap it is, because you'll have a heart attack when the price difference hits you on arrival Down Under.

In similar vein to the above, try not to fly from Singapore to Melbourne if it's winter in Melbourne, or if you do, don't arrive wearing shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops. The temperature differece will be.. unpleasant.

I think Ive worded my OP poorly.

I have an idead where to go like, but not sure where and how to get data on Visa's, injections, costs, flights, travelling etc

:lol:

Yeah, was going to reply 'the airport' but it was too facetious.

I wouldn't discount Australia by any means but I think it's a waste to spend more than a week in Sydney or Melbourne and they're the only major cities worth visiting. I'd concentrate on the amazing countryside. Places like Far North Queensland, the Great Ocean Road and the Outback. Watch out for the creep crawlies though :lol: Also, if you're going that far, one place I'd love to see is the South Pacific - somewhere like the Cook Islands.

The exchange rate currently makes Australia insanely expensive.

Mexico, Central and South America; particularly Bolivia and Peru, are lovely cheap places with good food, nice people, amazing scenery and fascinating culture.

Although I love the place, the S-E-Asia backpacker circuit was really grinding my gears last time I was there. Avoid Lonely Planet if you have the stomach for it.

New Zealand is absolutely incredible but fecking miles away.

Oh yeah, India. It's like you are permanently on LSD and so is everyone else. Japan is similarly mental but the madness has structure.

If it was me I would get a one year round the world ticket, spending longer in the cheaper countries and ideally working in Oz for 3 or so months.

Edited by trophyshy

I have always regretted not travelling properly after I left school. My rubbish A-level results procluded it.

I went inter-railing for a summer during uni but it's not the same.

I plan to do 3 week tour of Northern India, but may be a while given the impending arrival.

OK, not trying to hijack this thread but I might be heading off to Texas in the next couple of weeks for the sake of international romantic reasons, I have a traditional passport, the non-biometric type, do I need a Visa ??? I have hastily booked a session at the passport office to get mine upgraded at daft expense, it seems its too late to get a Visa at this notice but would I need one with the old style passport ??? I could really do without shelling out £130 for a new passport if I don't need one.

OK, not trying to hijack this thread but I might be heading off to Texas in the next couple of weeks for the sake of international romantic reasons, I have a traditional passport, the non-biometric type, do I need a Visa ??? I have hastily booked a session at the passport office to get mine upgraded at daft expense, it seems its too late to get a Visa at this notice but would I need one with the old style passport ??? I could really do without shelling out £130 for a new passport if I don't need one.

:lol: Wahey!

Bet you had those tickets booked the second your webcam packed up.

They will give you entry for 90 days at immigration control at the airport, obviously you can't work etc.

They will give you entry for 90 days at immigration control at the airport, obviously you can't work etc.

But will they give me that on my old skool passport ? I was reading on the US Embassy website that if you have the new fancy biometric passports you qualify for the Visa waiver program. If I don't need to be shelling out for a new passport I'd rather not.