transfer window

Dr Gloom

Transfer window -  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

how do you think this window has gone?

routledge could prove to be a good buy and a better standard of player than i expected us to attract. but we will need to learn how to get him into the game. he hardly got a touch with butt and smith pulling the strings from centre mid against leicester the other night.

williamson looks a solid, if unspectacular, centre half but probably good enough at this level.

signing up simpson to a long term deal is a logical move - he's cheap, young and competent enough.

fitz hall and best are the kind of no-frills buys i expected.

all in all, it's probably a better result than i expected but there's still a real feeling that we've missed a trick. none of the above are proven at a level higher than the championship. some are an unknown quantity even at this level.

we were crying out for a pacey front man or a midfielder that can get on the ball and pass. we got neither.

If I was having the same expectations that I had in January 2009, I'd be devastated. As it is, and in the situation we are in, I am merely disappointed. Seems like we've just bought for buying sake to add numbers to the squad.

I had made this ready however it isnt needed.

groundhog.jpg

To be fair, we've not sold anyone which makes a change, underwhelmed by the signings though, seriously no vision at all.

And your part of the group trying to takeover our club? Fucking hell man your bigger clowns than them two :lol:

Better than I was expecting, that's for sure, but still nothing to get too excited about.

The real transfer window will come at the end of the season. If we gain promotion I think we'll be completely underwhelmed with what happens. If we don't we'll be disgusted.

FFS. I can't believe that people are so easily satisfied.

I was expecting maybe 2 in (Simpson plus some striker on loan maybe) and at least one big earner out (not including Geremi, an important one) so this window has been like going back to Haiti and finding my house still standing.

What's dissapointing is that we didn't manage to attract the players (Moses, Beckford, Kilgallon) that other teams also had their eyes on—the players who show promise to turn into something.

It shows that we're currently anyone's third/fourth choice when it comes to where they want to go.