Newcastle United 5-1 Cardiff City

Deano

Important game on Friday, game in hand and a chance to go 7 points clear of Forest and 9 over WBA.

Shola and Simpson expected to return to the squad.

S.Taylor out.

Barton back in training but not expected to make the squad.

We are back at home after a shit performance against Leicester, this surely has to be a game we go all out to win it? The players and Hughton have alot to prove and we need a big confidence boost to kick on and get ourselves out of this really horrible spell.

---Harper---

---Simpson---Williamson---Coloccini---Van Aanholt---

---Routledge---Guthrie---Smith---Gutierrez---

---Carroll---Best---

Subs: Krul, Hall, R.Taylor, Nolan, Lovenkrands, Shola, Ranger

Fullbacks to overlap and feed the wingers, Smith to sit infront of the back four and chase everything and tackle hard, Guthrie to stay central, come deep to get the ball and spread it outwide and maybe have a go from distance and then the front two...Carroll as a target man and Best to run at defenders...both will rough it up a bit and both have abilty to get onto the end of things from outwide.

Im confident about a win but how many times have i said that? Simple fact is THAT is the team that needs to start on Friday and that team NEEDS to go all out to batter Cardiff.

Come on lads...about time we shook of the shit and started looking like a good team deserving to go up!

:lol:

Edited by @sportsdirect.COCK

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if only chris played that team

Thing is though it should be common sense to put that team out, it pretty much writes itself but for some reason Hughton keeps fucking the selections up.

We can hope.

I reckon Hughton will go defensive and safety first, aiming not to concede. So unfortunately we'll get:

---Harper---

---Simpson---Williamson---Coloccini---Van Aanholt---

---Routledge---Nolan---Smith---Guthrie---

---Carroll---Lovenkrands---

Maybe Ameobi to start instead of Carroll if fit enough. Best on the bench.

Agree that it would be good to see Guthrie played in his preferred position for a while. We'd finally be able to sort out whether or not he's any good.

Smith was poor in the last match, but I think he may have been smarting after the horrible challenge from Wellens early on. Didn't have the same fire that we've seen from him most times out, hopefully he'll bring that back this week. It could have been the fact that him and Butt were trying to play the same role out there (neither doing it well).

I like the look of cock's formation, though I'm non-plussed on the striking options. Part of me says I'd like to see Lovenkrands out there, as out of all the strikers he seems to make the most intelligent runs off the ball where-as Shola and Carroll both seem to want the ball to come to them. Not too sure about Ranger just yet.

Nolan is definitely due to be dropped, though I think Hughton will be thinking he's due to score and so won't want to drop him. Playing him will be a mistake, playing him anywhere except up front will be a painfully dull, boring, and slow mistake. I think Hughton will keep him there in lieu of a second striker and as a result I can see him forming a triangle out of Smith, Butt and Nolan (Collectively they have the pace of a lame guinnea pig, the talent of Peter Ramage and the attackmindedness of the Italian Director of Defense).

Edited by OzToonFan

If we've got 2 out and out wingers we may get away with Nolan in the centre.

We could aye but dont you think that would be totally limiting our attacking options to just firing the ball outwide?

Maybe its a good thing in a sense to actually encourage our wingers to get into the game but id much rather have a little bit more of an option through the middle with Guthrie.

If we did play Nolan and Smith in the middle which i think is likely i can only see us scrapping in the middle and hitting them on the counter, which is all fine and well away from home but at home id prefer a more positive strategy.

The team I'm hoping we'll play

-----------------Harper-------------------

--Simpson--Williamson--Colo--Aanholt--

--Routledge--Smith--Guthrie----Guthrie

-----------Ranger---Best------------------

But Hughton will probs play

----------------Harper--------------------

--Routledge--Butt----Smith---Guthrie----

-------------------Nolan---------------------

-------------------Carroll--------------------

you rather have out of position guthrie rather than jonas?

The team I'm hoping we'll play

-----------------Harper-------------------

--Routledge--Smith--Guthrie----Guthrie

-----------Ranger---Best------------------

I'm more worried at Guthrie having to play two positions at once! ;)

Id think the fact Jonas missed our last game that he will be fit to start on friday to be honest.

Iv no doubt we will start with both on the flanks if fit.

Central midfield and upfront is where the doubts are.