Newcastle United 5-1 Cardiff City

Deano

same, he was class on PES too ;)

and to think, some jokers on here feared the worst - ie getting beaten by the Taffs.

promotion is guaranteed - have been saying this since season began

the limited fire sale before season began was nowhere near big enough to render the squad incapable of getting results against such weak opposition week in week out

the january window dealings have cemented the title imo and just a shame there will be no 'derbies' next season

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same, he was class on PES too :P

and to think, some jokers on here feared the worst - ie getting beaten by the Taffs.

the limited fire sale before season began was nowhere near big enough to render the squad incapable of getting results against such weak opposition week in week out

the january window dealings have cemented the title imo and just a shame there will be no 'derbies' next season

:jesuswept: He's back

same, he was class on PES too :P

:jesuswept: He's back

And he's not even gloating!

I'd love to knlow who it is.

Derek Llambias

:jesuswept: you crack me up !

No, def' not DL mate - perish the thought.

As for gloating why ?

Just genuinely knew how poor the teams in this division were going to be and so it has proved.

Derek Llambias

:P you crack me up !

As for gloating why ?

Just genuinely knew how poor the teams in this division were going to be and so it has proved.

Aye, you've got nowt to gloat about really. You said Ameobi would get 20 this season easy, the club would be sold in August, and we'd win the league with 10 games to spare.

:jesuswept:

Derek Llambias

As for gloating why ?

Aye, you've got nowt to gloat about really. You said Ameobi would get 20 this season easy, the club would be sold in August, and we'd win the league with 10 games to spare.

To be fair Shola has 7 goals in 8 starts in the championshit so if he hadn't been injured alot this season he'd be on for that.

Derek Llambias

As for gloating why ?

To be fair Shola has 7 goals in 8 starts in the championshit so if he hadn't been injured alot this season he'd be on for that.

I used to make the same excuses for Owen. He's scored 7 in 10 starts at Man U.

thats really misleading. owens strike rates based on starts is still pretty phenomenal. fact is he hasn't been the same player for 4 years is neither here nor there..

As the kid in the milk advert says...."ECACKLY!"

Ameobi hasn't been the player he promised to be in his life.

Shola has hardly been on the bench though so thats not really misleading.

Shola (league):

Appearances: 9

Goals: 7

Owen (total):

Appearances: 28

Goals 7

I just think it's wishful thinking to extrapolate Ameobi's goals out like that. Whether he's on the pitch, the bench, or in the physio room, Ameobi's never managed more than 10 in a season in his whole career. Even on the odd occassion that he's managed 30 games.

He played 6 for Stoke in this division and got none, so the logic behind Acadacadingdang predicting an easy 20 for him because it's a shit league was odd.

Perhaps Ameobi will play the next 20 games, score 10 and I'll eat my hat.

Instead of promising to consume head wear if an event comes to pass, it might be more insightful to just discuss the probability of it coming to pass. This sheds more light on accadacca's prediction-making.

The likelihood of Shola continuing his scoring rate is quite high iyam.

Instead of promising to consume head wear if an event comes to pass, it might be more insightful to just discuss the probability of it coming to pass. This sheds more light on accadacca's prediction-making.

He'll not get the games if Carroll keeps scoring. Though Her Majesty's Crown Prosecution Service may limit his involvement.

Whey he's got 20 games left to score another 13.

At a rate of 7/9 that would mean he could get another 15.5 goals (if he plays every game) which is a total of 22-23.

His rate since that early hat-trick has been 4/7 which would extrapolate to 11.4 more goals, which would be 18-19 at the end of the season.

I reckon it'll be tight even if he does manage to stay fit (which I doubt more than his ability to keep up either ratio).

the thing with shola is that he'll still only score if he bothers to put the effort in which he has shown time and again he won't, hes chronically lazy all he does is lope around and foul people

If he 'gets' fit more like, dont think he has been fully fit all season. The thing that Shola has over Carroll is that he can score with his feet too.

I think that's kinder to Ameobi's head than it is harsh on Carroll's feet. From .com....

Carrol

Blackpool - headed Danny Guthrie's chipped cross from the right powerfully home

Plymouth - chested the ball down and drove home a fierce shot from the edge of the area

Doncaster - superb low, left- footed volley

Peterborough - rose above two stationary defenders to powerfully head home

West Brom - volley home his first goal since November & wove his way through the home defence before slotting the ball past Carson

Cardiff - swept it right-footed into the net from close range & powerfully head home from six yards out

3 with his head 5 with his feet.

Ameobi

Reading - downward header wasn't convincing & header found the far corner with some purpose & a pen.

Sheff Wed - a low angled drive

Huddersfield - Pen

Coventry - beat 'keeper Keiren Westwood after turning Leon Barnett with surprising ease and finding a gap between 'keeper and post.

Boro - powering in a header

Sheff Wed - rifling home his 58th goal for the club from just inside the area.

3 with his head 5 with his feet (2 from the spot).

Edited by Happy Face

I think accccaddddaaaa's prediction would have included Shola being fully fit all season. Thats a given.

It was one of them philisophical predictions of what would happen if a true vaccuum could be created. :jesuswept:

Shola's never been fully fit for a season in his life.