More comments from N-O

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.  See his thread re Souness's days off.  Unbelievably shit comment based on nothing but his imagination.

57716[/snapback]

How on Earth did N-O get so bad? Why anyone with any sense can be bothered to post on there is beyond me, there is so much blatent shit stated as fact all the time. Painful.

Taylor27 is clueless like (takes one to know one, I know). I occasionally post on there but as Renton I think pointed out General Chat is less busy than this place (despite loads more users) and as for the footie bit, you can't have a laugh or a decent bit of debate. No doubt Rob will point out that they don't feel the need to comment about this place but all I can say is good riddance in case some of the worst culprits find their way over to here.

Edited by alex

It's full of bairns, no?

57748[/snapback]

I think there's some decent posters on their but they're are drowned out by the bairns in general.

57750[/snapback]

All the decent ones have been bribed to stay by being given mod rights tbh.

Speaking of N-O, have you seen the state of broonalegeordie in his avatar? Fuck me gently! :lol:

57783[/snapback]

No, surely that can't be him? :razz:

Fucking hell, 42 users on the board and all there is to show for it is a load of bollocks. ;)

Perhaps not the best example, although he is posting his usual bollocks, i.e. Babayaro is ten times better than Bernard. The kid is a divvy though, imo.

Speaking of N-O, have you seen the state of broonalegeordie in his avatar? Fuck me gently! :lol:

57783[/snapback]

Joe Pasqualue in his youth! ;)

57815[/snapback]

Looks like he just ate Joe Pasquale tbh.

Perhaps not the best example, although he is posting his usual bollocks, i.e. Babayaro is ten times better than Bernard. The kid is a divvy though, imo.

57804[/snapback]

He does have better positional sense than Bernard. Problem is that he's been injured so much he's become a waste of space, I don't think any of us have seen him at his best.

I think people forget the limitations of *some* players following their departure, but I'd take Bernard back, that's for sure.

57804[/snapback]

He does have better positional sense than Bernard. Problem is that he's been injured so much he's become a waste of space, I don't think any of us have seen him at his best.

I think people forget the limitations of *some* players following their departure, but I'd take Bernard back, that's for sure.

57826[/snapback]

Definitely agree about positional sense like. I'd rather have Bernard though. For one thing he always seemed 100% committed on the pitch. I thought he was a better all round player. Seems to be struggling at Rangers like.

all the best old school posters are on this board, but it moves too slowly.

i find myself switching between here and NO but never staying long at either.

the old toontastic board was the best - a quality mix of banter and debate, and it moved as quickly as newcastle online.

shame that a lot of the guys that used to post on it are missing in action. this board has potential but it needs a few more pennies in the meter so to speak

all the best old school posters are on this board, but it moves too slowly.

i find myself switching between here and NO but never staying long at either.

the old toontastic board was the best - a quality mix of banter and debate, and it moved as quickly as newcastle online.

shame that a lot of the guys that used to post on it are missing in action. this board has potential but it needs a few more pennies in the meter so to speak

57842[/snapback]

Sounds like a fair assessment. I would prefer it if this place moved a bit quicker, but I'll sacrifice the quantity for quality. :lol:

Taylor27 is clueless like (takes one to know one, I know). I occasionally post on there but as Renton I think pointed out General Chat is less busy than this place (despite loads more users) and as for the footie bit, you can't have a laugh or a decent bit of debate. No doubt Rob will point out that they don't feel the need to comment about this place but all I can say is good riddance in case some of the worst culprits find their way over to here.

57746[/snapback]

Fucking hell, when did Newcastle fans become so snobby?

And Taylor27 was taking the piss Alex, but you took it serious, as usual so the joke is kind of on you. I bet he was pissing himself laughing, I know I was. And I'd rather have Taylor27 posting his "bollocks" then a two faced snide like yourself. Can't have good debate? Fucking hell, have you ever tried? Furthermore, could you? I remember wiping your arse a few times when you tried.

And the bit in bold, that's exactly what makes our forum so successful (great - just for you Alex) - it's different; you get the crap, the piss taking, the fights, the cracking debate, the humour, everything. Give me that any day of the week over the clit rubbing, lets all ejaculate together that goes on in here at times.

It's a Newcastle United supporters site not an Ameican Express members only club. There are no age barriers, IQ barriers or any of that crap on wor board. If you don't like it, don't read it or post on it and if you dislike some of the members, say it to their faces and not behind their backs.

Low that.

No offence to Chayton or any of the mods on here, I like you guys and all that you know what crap is in the past, but I'm gonna speak my mind here and give you my true thoughts on this forum for what it's worth (whether you care or not), and as an actual member of the board, I think I have a right to offer what is an objective and honest critique.

This forum will die a death pretty soon because it's too snobby, too perpetual. Every thread I read seems to be the same. The NUFC forum is dead and the general chat forum is a parody of the former Toon Tastic, which I was an actual member of too.

It all seems fake, false, you can't replicate something that doesn't exist - the old Toon Tastic. I should know because I tried to replicate the old HTT hence this board being created. I was trying to shape the forum, mould it to my taste. No duplicate posts, no misleading thread titles and all that other bollocks...

Which must have pissed you guys right off, and I don't blame yous.

Now I couldn't care less, I'm not even a mod/admin anymore. Our board is now great because it's not great, perfect or tailor made as I had tried to make it. It has a bit of everything and I'm telling you, some N.O users reading some of the comments on here about the place and some of the members, users who you's would like on here, will look negatively on this place because it's projecting a superiority image. But in truth, and this will sound harsh, this place is dull.

You guys have done exactly what I tried to do with N.O, something you's ran away from ironically. You've tried to create a "perfect" forum, where everyone is intelligent, where everyone gets on, where there are no "bairns", where there are no piss takers, where there is no abuse, where everything is "swell".

Hence the return to "oldskool" names, reviving threads that have been done to death, criticising other places that don't match your "world", or members of other boards who don't share your "world".

"Toontastic.net - Bringing Newcastle Fans Back Home"?

This isn't a Newcastle United Fans forum, it's an office coffee break. It's not even a community, it's a student accomodation.

N.O is a Newcastle United Fans Forum, a community, and always will be, long after this one has gone.

This forum will go three ways, disappear altogether, stay as it is, or it will become popular like ours and with it, you'll lose "your" forum anyway because you'll get the divvies, the wind up merchants, the "worse culprits" as Alex so eloquently puts it, basically the people that make up bits of our board that some of you piss and moan about on here.

Trust me, I've ran and been involved with many boards, not just football, but covering all kinds of things from web development, general football, sharks, publishing forums, you name it.

BTW all members we ban, will end up here. And if it gets too boring at wor place, too dull, too damn repetitive, we'll all move in on here.

Put me down for moderator just in case :lol:

PS Chayton, Peasepud, Shearergol, et al please don't take offence at any of my criticism, it's legit, and it's not personal, i.e. directed at any of you, not even Alex. These are my opinions about the place, the feel of it. It's a good forum, cracking software, lots of features, you's have set it up brilliantly, it's the best forum I've seen (not too keen on some of the colors mind but that's bye the bye), and most members are canny, but it stinks of superiority/snobbery, it doesn't feel like a NUFC supporters forum at all and it kind of feels false, sorry.

Cheers

It's full of bairns, no?

57748[/snapback]

I think there's some decent posters on their but they're are drowned out by the bairns in general.

57750[/snapback]

All the decent ones have been bribed to stay by being given mod rights tbh.

57767[/snapback]

I'm not a mod

57746[/snapback]

Fucking hell, when did Newcastle fans become so snobby?

And Taylor27 was taking the piss Alex, but you took it serious, as usual so the joke is kind of on you. I bet he was pissing himself laughing, I know I was. And I'd rather have Taylor27 posting his "bollocks" then a two faced snide like yourself. Can't have good debate? Fucking hell, have you ever tried? Furthermore, could you? I remember wiping your arse a few times when you tried.

And the bit in bold, that's exactly what makes our forum so successful (great - just for you Alex) - it's different; you get the crap, the piss taking, the fights, the cracking debate, the humour, everything. Give me that any day of the week over the clit rubbing, lets all ejaculate together that goes on in here at times.

It's a Newcastle United supporters site not an Ameican Express members only club. There are no age barriers, IQ barriers or any of that crap on wor board. If you don't like it, don't read it or post on it and if you dislike some of the members, say it to their faces and not behind their backs.

Low that.

No offence to Chayton or any of the mods on here, I like you guys and all that you know what crap is in the past, but I'm gonna speak my mind here and give you my true thoughts on this forum for what it's worth (whether you care or not), and as an actual member of the board, I think I have a right to offer what is an objective and honest critique.

This forum will die a death pretty soon because it's too snobby, too perpetual. Every thread I read seems to be the same. The NUFC forum is dead and the general chat forum is a parody of the former Toon Tastic, which I was an actual member of too.

It all seems fake, false, you can't replicate something that doesn't exist - the old Toon Tastic. I should know because I tried to replicate the old HTT hence this board being created. I was trying to shape the forum, mould it to my taste. No duplicate posts, no misleading thread titles and all that other bollocks...

Which must have pissed you guys right off, and I don't blame yous.

Now I couldn't care less, I'm not even a mod/admin anymore. Our board is now great because it's not great, perfect or tailor made as I had tried to make it. It has a bit of everything and I'm telling you, some N.O users reading some of the comments on here about the place and some of the members, users who you's would like on here, will look negatively on this place because it's projecting a superiority image. But in truth, and this will sound harsh, this place is dull.

You guys have done exactly what I tried to do with N.O, something you's ran away from ironically. You've tried to create a "perfect" forum, where everyone is intelligent, where everyone gets on, where there are no "bairns", where there are no piss takers, where there is no abuse, where everything is "swell".

Hence the return to "oldskool" names, reviving threads that have been done to death, criticising other places that don't match your "world", or members of other boards who don't share your "world".

"Toontastic.net - Bringing Newcastle Fans Back Home"?

This isn't a Newcastle United Fans forum, it's an office coffee break. It's not even a community, it's a student accomodation.

N.O is a Newcastle United Fans Forum, a community, and always will be, long after this one has gone.

This forum will go three ways, disappear altogether, stay as it is, or it will become popular like ours and with it, you'll lose "your" forum anyway because you'll get the divvies, the wind up merchants, the "worse culprits" as Alex so eloquently puts it, basically the people that make up bits of our board that some of you piss and moan about on here.

Trust me, I've ran and been involved with many boards, not just football, but covering all kinds of things from web development, general football, sharks, publishing forums, you name it.

BTW all members we ban, will end up here. And if it gets too boring at wor place, too dull, too damn repetitive, we'll all move in on here.

Put me down for moderator just in case :lol:

PS Chayton, Peasepud, Shearergol, et al please don't take offence at any of my criticism, it's legit, and it's not personal, i.e. directed at any of you, not even Alex. These are my opinions about the place, the feel of it. It's a good forum, cracking software, lots of features, you's have set it up brilliantly, it's the best forum I've seen (not too keen on some of the colors mind but that's bye the bye), and most members are canny, but it stinks of superiority/snobbery, it doesn't feel like a NUFC supporters forum at all and it kind of feels false, sorry.

Cheers

57890[/snapback]

Do everyone a favour and jump under a bus.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.