More comments from N-O

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the decent ones have been bribed to stay by being given mod rights tbh.

57767[/snapback]

3 of them were already mods, 4 asked to be mods, and the others write for the main site. ;)

57904[/snapback]

I was just joking, I don't bother much with smilies nowadays (:lol:).

If you don't mind me saying HTT, I think you're taking it a bit seriously. You know fine well that Alex just likes taking the piss.

For the record, I think I am a snob. Some of the posters, the opinions, and the text talk over your way just gets right on my tits to the extent I just can't be arsed with it any more. I recognise this place has its problems too though, not the least the cliquey feel which ironically I didn't like on the original toontastic.

The best forum I have ever been on is probably the SMB if I'm honest - it's a shame that in terms of internet message boards we are behind the mackems imo, but there you go.

57767[/snapback]

3 of them were already mods, 4 asked to be mods, and the others write for the main site. :lol:

57904[/snapback]

Erm, I don't fit into any of those categories. I was asked if I'd like to be a mod.

57767[/snapback]

3 of them were already mods, 4 asked to be mods, and the others write for the main site. ;)

57904[/snapback]

Erm, I don't fit into any of those categories. I was asked if I'd like to be a mod.

57915[/snapback]

Shhhh, we know that, but don't let on we had to beg you's :lol:

If you don't mind me saying HTT, I think you're taking it a bit seriously. You know fine well that Alex just likes taking the piss.

For the record, I think I am a snob. Some of the posters, the opinions, and the text talk over your way just gets right on my tits to the extent I just can't be arsed with it any more. I recognise this place has its problems too though, not the least the cliquey feel which ironically I didn't like on the original toontastic.

The best forum I have ever been on is probably the SMB if I'm honest - it's a shame that in terms of internet message boards we are behind the mackems imo, but there you go.

57914[/snapback]

Renton, of course I take it seriously, that's just me, I always will and I ain't going to change. If it was fair critcism, or justified, then fair enough but half the crap being spouted about N.O is coming from people who don't even use it, or pop in for a quick read and then make up their mind based on one or two "bollocks" threads or some "daft" comments. FFS it's a forum, you're going to get that on any board, large and small.

And you saying to me don't take it seriously, I say the same to you. Why would a few people on a message board you don't use, get on your tits? And why then slag that board and people who use it on another board, if so? Is that not taking things serious? Contradiction there Renton.

At least I have a vested interest to justify my overly defensive/serious reposte to all this and a smattering of justification (in my eyes anyway).

I just find all these snide remarks kind of snobby, sour grapes even and more than an unfair projection of Newcastle-Online. You'll not read people slagging this place off on our board, or slagging any fellow Toon site, I imagine people have better things to do with their time to over analyse a forum and it's members.

(Unlike myself a few posts up regarding this one ;))

And for what it's worth, Taylor27 actually posts good stuff when not on a wind up/piss take. But then if you were an active member, you'd know that.

Lastly, you need to lighten up if what you read on a message board gets on your tits.

And yes, I understand the irony in that.

PS Longwinded enough for you? :razz:

Edited by Howaythetoon

57914[/snapback]

Renton, of course I take it seriously, that's just me, I always will and I ain't going to change. If it was fair critcism, or justified, then fair enough but half the crap being spouted about N.O is coming from people who don't even use it, or pop in for a quick read and then make up their mind based on one or two "bollocks" threads or some "daft" comments. FFS it's a forum, you're going to get that on any board, large and small.

And you saying to me don't take it seriously, I say the same to you. Why would a few people on a message board you don't use, get on your tits? And why then slag that board and people who use it on another board, if so? Is that not taking things serious? Contradiction there Renton.

At least I have a vested interest to justify my overly defensive/serious reposte to all this and a smattering of justification (in my eyes anyway).

I just find all these snide remarks kind of snobby, sour grapes even and more than an unfair projection of Newcastle-Online. You'll not read people slagging this place off on our board, or slagging any fellow Toon site, I imagine people have better things to do with their time to over analyse a forum and it's members.

(Unlike myself a few posts up regarding this one ;))

And for what it's worth, Taylor27 actually posts good stuff when not on a wind up/piss take. But then if you were an active member, you'd know that.

Lastly, you need to lighten up if what you read on a message board gets on your tits.

And yes, I understand the irony in that.

PS Longwinded enough for you? :razz:

57922[/snapback]

To be honest HTT, the reason I have made my comments is because I do care somewhat about N-O. It's just my opinion, but for some reason I do think it has gone downhill, with the good posters being dragged down by the crap ones. I am perfectly aware of how snobby that sounds, but that's the way I see it - I genuinely think its a disappointing situation.

To be fair, some of the comments from Gemmill, Alex, and myself have been a bit snide. I can't talk for others, but as I don't post much on N-O (and not on the Newcastle forum at all), I think I'd be accused of being a bit of a wum if I said what I have on there. This is just one thread in many though, so I don't think anyone on here can exactly be accused of being obsessed with N-O.

Regards Taylor 27, well I'm not going to bad mouth him, but he does talk a lot of shit, doesn't he (:razz: irony)? Maybe he's got a very advanced sense of humour, but if that Souness days off thread is anything to go by, it's lost on me.

57767[/snapback]

BTW That reads bad, it reads as if all the mods came to us, some did, but not all of them and aye we did target mods who we thought were decent members to help us recover.

But we didn't bribe them. Begged aye, but no bribes.

Well, not many :lol:

To be honest HTT, the reason I have made my comments is because I do care somewhat about N-O. It's just my opinion, but for some reason I do think it has gone downhill, with the good posters being dragged down by the crap ones. I am perfectly aware of how snobby that sounds, but that's the way I see it - I genuinely think its a disappointing situation.

To be fair, some of the comments from Gemmill, Alex, and myself have been a bit snide. I can't talk for others, but as I don't post much on N-O (and not on the Newcastle forum at all), I think I'd be accused of being a bit of a wum if I said what I have on there. This is just one thread in many though, so I don't think anyone on here can exactly be accused of being obsessed with N-O.

Regards Taylor 27, well I'm not going to bad mouth him, but he does talk a lot of shit, doesn't he (:lol: irony)? Maybe he's got a very advanced sense of humour, but if that Souness days off thread is anything to go by, it's lost on me.

57925[/snapback]

That's always going to happen on a large forum though, aye we do have our daft posts but it was recently an international break and with the club never in the news these days (thankfuly) there is not a lot to talk about that hasn't already been discussed a million times before.

Recipe for 'inane' waffle.

But every now and again, some decent threads do pop up (more frequent than not) and we have a lot of what I'd call top members who I don't think are being dragged down, I think they are intelligent enough to know that forum's get like this, that all they have to do is ignore or skip whatever they percieve as "crap".

And if NUFC fans want to use their forum to sit back and waffle shite for a bit, so long as they respect the main forum rules so as no abuse etc., then who am I or anyone to say no you can't do that?

I've tried doing that, tried to shape the forum, and as a consequence, it backfired and I now see how wrong I was in my administration of the board.

We have tons of top members, a great mod team, not just canny people, but good solid posters too who know their stuff, passionate lads, and the main site just grows and grows every week, in itself feeding the forum with more top posters, from all over the place, of all ages, giving us a rich and diverse community.

Honestly, it's not as bad as some would have you believe, if it was, this place would be populated with a lot more people. It's popular because there is no snobbery, no over analysing of everything, no pretences, no falseness.

People can relax in wor place, they can post shite and not be slagged for it or looked down on and they can post serious stuff in a 50 page thread on tactics. Or they could just kick back and waffle away when they are bored and again, not be looked down on.

That's what Souness would call a proper forum ;)

I need a word count...

:razz:

i was not bribed to be a mod on the n-o forum, btw htt the yacht you got me has a leak in the kitchen, its not urgent as i'm stopping in N-O towers in vegas at the moment, cheers

btw i read this one every day also, (dont sack me htt ;-) ) i thought we had put all this behind us,

i was not bribed to be a mod on the n-o forum, btw htt the yacht you got me has a leak in the kitchen, its not urgent as i'm stopping in N-O towers in vegas at the moment, cheers

btw i read this one every day also, (dont sack me htt ;-) ) i thought we had put all this behind us,

57934[/snapback]

:lol:

Personally, I don't enjoy Newcastle-Online as much as I used to. Perhaps it's partly down to some of the influx of new posters. Maybe I've just seen all the topics too many times before, I don't know. I often find myself logging on simply to moderate and then I leave. I have less time these days as well so I don't really keep up with what's going on, on any of these boards.

It's full of bairns, no?

57748[/snapback]

I think there's some decent posters on their but they're are drowned out by the bairns in general.

57750[/snapback]

57767[/snapback]

I'm not a mod

57894[/snapback]

or a decent poster... :lol:

tbh i think its being drowned by too much compilation posting, graphics posting and repetitive threads.

I think I'm a snob. The word "you's" sends actual shivers down my spine. There's really just no need for the 's', is there?

It just makes me think of really "Aussie" Aussies... all barby's and cork hats and stuff and not knowing any better/disregarding that fact that "you" itself can be used to describe more than one person. It does not need to be pluralised.

[/pet peeve]

N-O confuses me how it has my name and avatar and details and whatever at the top of the page. Whenever someone posts a link to there, I'm always like 'why are they linking to something about me? what have i done?? i don't even post on there!!' :lol:

It's full of bairns, no?

57748[/snapback]

I think there's some decent posters on their but they're are drowned out by the bairns in general.

57750[/snapback]

57767[/snapback]

I'm not a mod

57894[/snapback]

tbh i think its being drowned by too much compilation posting, graphics posting and repetitive threads.

Personally, I don't enjoy Newcastle-Online as much as I used to. Perhaps it's partly down to some of the influx of new posters. Maybe I've just seen all the topics too many times before, I don't know. I often find myself logging on simply to moderate and then I leave. I have less time these days as well so I don't really keep up with what's going on, on any of these boards.

57944[/snapback]

Oooh, dissent :lol:

Nah.

I got like that as well and there will be a period where I don't bother with it for a while, like a few months back. I think you have to have a break from forums as they can be addictive and they can bog you down.

I'm going to have one from the whole site soon, I was meant to last week but got let down.

If you're feeling duty-bound to log on BTW Skeletor you shouldn't, you don't have to, take your break or whatever, man. You owe the forum or no-one nowt.

Anyway I'm off.

Alex, you're a canny bloke, but you're being an arse in my opinion. No need to slag Taylor27.

Chayton, Peasepud, Sheargol et al, no offence meant with my comments regarding this board. Some of it was tounge in cheek, but some of it is what I generally feel about this place, but overall, that's forum's for you. None are perfect, not N.O, not here. At least Toon fans have platforms to have their say and that's all that matters at the end of the day and for that, both forums are valuable entities.

Cheers

I think I'm a snob.  The word "you's" sends actual shivers down my spine.  There's really just no need for the 's', is there?

It just makes me think of really "Aussie" Aussies... all barby's and cork hats and stuff and not knowing any better/disregarding that fact that "you" itself can be used to describe more than one person.  It does not need to be pluralised.

[/pet peeve]

N-O confuses me how it has my name and avatar and details and whatever at the top of the page.  Whenever someone posts a link to there, I'm always like 'why are they linking to something about me? what have i done?? i don't even post on there!!'  ;)

57946[/snapback]

You can turn it off by clicking on the black arrow next to the avatar. :lol:

I think I'm a snob.  The word "you's" sends actual shivers down my spine.  There's really just no need for the 's', is there?

It just makes me think of really "Aussie" Aussies... all barby's and cork hats and stuff and not knowing any better/disregarding that fact that "you" itself can be used to describe more than one person.  It does not need to be pluralised.

[/pet peeve]

N-O confuses me how it has my name and avatar and details and whatever at the top of the page.  Whenever someone posts a link to there, I'm always like 'why are they linking to something about me? what have i done?? i don't even post on there!!'  :razz:

57946[/snapback]

You can turn it off by clicking on the black arrow next to the avatar. :razz:

57951[/snapback]

;)

That's almost as life changing as when I discovered that "TB" in text speak is "text back". Who knew?! Actually, it's NOT that life changing.. but it's still useful.

Except I use that board so little that I've still not changed my avatar from Mr Bellamy, so I like that if I ever do go there, I'm confronted with a pic of him :razz:

:lol::razz: I'm so hopeless....!

It's full of bairns, no?

57748[/snapback]

57750[/snapback]

57767[/snapback]

I'm not a mod

57894[/snapback]

57945[/snapback]

Haven't seen anything remotely interesting about Newcastle United from you, tbh. ;)

It's full of bairns, no?

57748[/snapback]

57750[/snapback]

57767[/snapback]

I'm not a mod

57894[/snapback]

57947[/snapback]

and you are who exactly ?????

memeber of both,i use N-O more because it's quicker,that one has more kids on,but this one is more klicky(didnt this one split away cos you all wanted to be together again?)and even SMB doesn't seem as good as it was.

maybe football forums,like lad mags and rear spoilers,CB radios and flares,have had their day ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.