More comments from N-O

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Agreed. I hope that, in view of this, in future we see a bit less condemnation and accusations from people towards others, simply because they don't agree with them. 

Regarding our dear manager, even the accountants won't dispute the figures when it becomes obvious what the true cost to the club of backing Souness ego is

8m Boumsong

9m for Luque

80 grand a week for a model professional who is never fit

Even 16m for Owen [i suppose even this might be cheap, considering he's made such a pigs arse of his other sales and buys, that Owens goals will save us from a relagation struggle.

On the credit side.

4.5m for Bellamy.

I'm sure that Fat Fred will wave a magic wand, and pluck 15m out of thin air to find a partner for Owen next summer.......

Just like that  !

58169[/snapback]

Speaking to a guy who's watched Depo every game for the last 15 odd years, apparently Luque only ever played on the left wing for them once. He says that he wouldn't cope with playing left wing in the Premiership, but would look class up front. Hope that's the reason Souness has bought him. A lot of money to spend to play someone out of position isn't it.

58218[/snapback]

They grow on trees, these blokes who have watched Deportivo every game for the last 15 years. I wonder why I don't know anybody like that? I do know lots of supporters of Manure, Chelsea, Arse, Leeds, Everton, Liverpool etc etc......

LM makes a good point anyway. If you're correct and Luque is a forward, let's hope he's better than Bellamy since he cost twice as much.

I'd still also be interested in how you explain away the Souness comments about now having a threat on the left from a proper footballer when he brought in Luque.

As I've said before, that means to me that Luque is replacing Robert, not Bellamy. This especially makes sense because Souness saw Bellamy as a right winger, you know, not a left sided player.

58272[/snapback]

Maybe you've mistaken me for someone who thinks Souness is a good manager?

Souness is an idiot. He'll play Luque out of position and make him look poor.

And as for you comment about them growing on trees? I don't understand what you mean. I have family and friends living in Spain. I regularly visit. I attend Spanish matches, and follow the league quite closely. Just because you don't choose to, doesn't mean nobody else does.

58273[/snapback]

So you'll understand that Luque may, or may not, succeed in the EPL then.

Do you think he is an improvement over Bellamy? Based on your knowledge of a different league?

58313[/snapback]

My first ever comment about Luque on this board was one expressing a concern about his ability to adapt and play in this league. If he plays like he has in Spain, he's a better player than Bellamy. As you say though, there is no guarantee of that. Even players like Reyes have struggled to show what they can actually do.

If he can recreate his form and potential in this league however, I think he'll be one of the best foreigners ever to play here.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now now htl,you know souness didnt see bellamy as a right winger,but played him there out of what he thought was necessity(ie we had no right sided players left,or up to it)

is luque better than robert on the left,or if he plays up front,bellamy ?...who knows,pretty sure i couldnt have told you wether robert or bellamy were improvments on whom they replaced after 2 games,,,although i do remember a lot of people mentioning ketsbaia in relation to bellamys first couple of games.

Edited by shakermaker

now now htl,you know souness didnt see bellamy as a right winger, but played him there out of what he thought was necessity(ie we had no right sided players left,or up to it)

equally not true, and you know it.

is luque better than robert on the left,or if he plays up front,bellamy ?...who knows,pretty sure i couldnt have told you wether robert or bellamy were improvments on whom they replaced after 2 games,,,although i do remember a lot of people mentioning ketsbaia in relation to bellamys first couple of games.

58341[/snapback]

not me, I was over the moon when we bought Bellamy, I also said Boumsong was a headless chicken, and Kluivert would be a waste of space with no desire to succeed, but I was hammered for making instant judgements.

If luque is as good as Bellamy, I'll be surprised [but pleased], although he should be better, otherwise it is money down the drain and all this wheeling and dealing and spending has been a waste of time.

Edited by LeazesMag

Taylor27 is clueless like (takes one to know one, I know). I occasionally post on there but as Renton I think pointed out General Chat is less busy than this place (despite loads more users) and as for the footie bit, you can't have a laugh or a decent bit of debate. No doubt Rob will point out that they don't feel the need to comment about this place but all I can say is good riddance in case some of the worst culprits find their way over to here.

57746[/snapback]

Fucking hell, when did Newcastle fans become so snobby?

And Taylor27 was taking the piss Alex, but you took it serious, as usual so the joke is kind of on you. I bet he was pissing himself laughing, I know I was. And I'd rather have Taylor27 posting his "bollocks" then a two faced snide like yourself. Can't have good debate? Fucking hell, have you ever tried? Furthermore, could you? I remember wiping your arse a few times when you tried.

And the bit in bold, that's exactly what makes our forum so successful (great - just for you Alex) - it's different; you get the crap, the piss taking, the fights, the cracking debate, the humour, everything. Give me that any day of the week over the clit rubbing, lets all ejaculate together that goes on in here at times.

It's a Newcastle United supporters site not an Ameican Express members only club. There are no age barriers, IQ barriers or any of that crap on wor board. If you don't like it, don't read it or post on it and if you dislike some of the members, say it to their faces and not behind their backs.

Low that.

No offence to Chayton or any of the mods on here, I like you guys and all that you know what crap is in the past, but I'm gonna speak my mind here and give you my true thoughts on this forum for what it's worth (whether you care or not), and as an actual member of the board, I think I have a right to offer what is an objective and honest critique.

This forum will die a death pretty soon because it's too snobby, too perpetual. Every thread I read seems to be the same. The NUFC forum is dead and the general chat forum is a parody of the former Toon Tastic, which I was an actual member of too.

It all seems fake, false, you can't replicate something that doesn't exist - the old Toon Tastic. I should know because I tried to replicate the old HTT hence this board being created. I was trying to shape the forum, mould it to my taste. No duplicate posts, no misleading thread titles and all that other bollocks...

Which must have pissed you guys right off, and I don't blame yous.

Now I couldn't care less, I'm not even a mod/admin anymore. Our board is now great because it's not great, perfect or tailor made as I had tried to make it. It has a bit of everything and I'm telling you, some N.O users reading some of the comments on here about the place and some of the members, users who you's would like on here, will look negatively on this place because it's projecting a superiority image. But in truth, and this will sound harsh, this place is dull.

You guys have done exactly what I tried to do with N.O, something you's ran away from ironically. You've tried to create a "perfect" forum, where everyone is intelligent, where everyone gets on, where there are no "bairns", where there are no piss takers, where there is no abuse, where everything is "swell".

Hence the return to "oldskool" names, reviving threads that have been done to death, criticising other places that don't match your "world", or members of other boards who don't share your "world".

"Toontastic.net - Bringing Newcastle Fans Back Home"?

This isn't a Newcastle United Fans forum, it's an office coffee break. It's not even a community, it's a student accomodation.

N.O is a Newcastle United Fans Forum, a community, and always will be, long after this one has gone.

This forum will go three ways, disappear altogether, stay as it is, or it will become popular like ours and with it, you'll lose "your" forum anyway because you'll get the divvies, the wind up merchants, the "worse culprits" as Alex so eloquently puts it, basically the people that make up bits of our board that some of you piss and moan about on here.

Trust me, I've ran and been involved with many boards, not just football, but covering all kinds of things from web development, general football, sharks, publishing forums, you name it.

BTW all members we ban, will end up here. And if it gets too boring at wor place, too dull, too damn repetitive, we'll all move in on here.

Put me down for moderator just in case ;)

PS Chayton, Peasepud, Shearergol, et al please don't take offence at any of my criticism, it's legit, and it's not personal, i.e. directed at any of you, not even Alex. These are my opinions about the place, the feel of it. It's a good forum, cracking software, lots of features, you's have set it up brilliantly, it's the best forum I've seen (not too keen on some of the colors mind but that's bye the bye), and most members are canny, but it stinks of superiority/snobbery, it doesn't feel like a NUFC supporters forum at all and it kind of feels false, sorry.

Cheers

57890[/snapback]

Fucking hell, touchy or what? :rolleyes:

I occasionally post on there

57746[/snapback]

Name: alex

Position: Member

Date Registered: December 24, 2004, 08:06:30 AM

Last Active: Today at 04:42:50 PM

:rolleyes:

57970[/snapback]

I hardly post on there anymore. I posted on there a lot before this place started back up.

Over on N-O, Taylor27 reckons 'overall' Bramble did ok against Chelsea. Another wind-up no doubt :rolleyes:

58377[/snapback]

The irony of it.

58589[/snapback]

Aye, the irony is he isn't on the wind-up he's just talking shite. IMO like.

No offence but some of the posts in this thread are pathetic and even more laughable than the posts mentioned on N-O!

Just need a "my dads bigger than your dad" post and all the boxes will be ticked!

No offence but some of the posts in this thread are pathetic and even more laughable than the posts mentioned on N-O!

Just need a "my dads bigger than your dad" post and all the boxes will be ticked!

58615[/snapback]

True like ;):blink:

It's full of bairns, no?

57748[/snapback]

I think there's some decent posters on their but they're are drowned out by the bairns in general.

57750[/snapback]

He's right like, I've just found this one. LOOK AT THE FUCKING GRAMMAR!!! :rolleyes:

Jesus wept tbh!

HTT, your website is actually very impressive indeed and you should be rightfully proud of 90% of it's features. I mean that sincerely. I think its developing into a brilliant resource for all things Newcastle United/Newcastle the city. The forum is also an awful lot more popular than this one going by numbers and posts.

You're also right that theres a good chance that this forum will 'die'. The place needs new posters and I think it will struggle to get them because people wont 'stumble across it' in the same way they do with N-O or the old toontastic- ie. because its just a forum and so wont have people browsing a well linked general interest website before coming across the forum inadvertently. I think thats the biggest concern I have about the new place.

I will say this however. I think that the fact that you take very obvious pleasure/comfort in the fact that toontastic might well one day fail is pretty fucking petty and childish. You know why this place was set up-you even openly admit it was as a direct result of mistakes you made in trying to impose your N-O 'brand' on people who had absolutely no affinity with it. To admit this was a mistake of your own making therefore, only then to come out with the rest of your diatribe exposes you for a pretty sad individual imho.

Jesus wept tbh!

HTT, your website is actually very impressive indeed and you should be rightfully proud of 90% of it's features. I mean that sincerely. I think its developing into a brilliant resource for all things Newcastle United/Newcastle the city. The forum is also an awful lot more popular than this one going by numbers and posts.

You're also right that theres a good chance that this forum will 'die'. The place needs new posters and I think it will struggle to get them because people wont 'stumble across it' in the same way they do with N-O or the old toontastic- ie. because its just a forum and so wont have people browsing a well linked general interest website before coming across the forum inadvertently. I think thats the biggest concern I have about the new place.

I will say this however. I think that the fact that you take very obvious pleasure/comfort in the fact that toontastic might well one day fail is pretty fucking petty and childish. You know why this place was set up-you even openly admit it was as a direct result of mistakes you made in trying to impose your N-O 'brand' on people who had absolutely no affinity with it. To admit this was a mistake of your own making therefore, only then to come out with the rest of your diatribe exposes you for a pretty sad individual imho.

58624[/snapback]

By the tone of that anyone would think that HTT started the thread slagging off Toontastic.

Jesus wept tbh!

58624[/snapback]

By the tone of that anyone would think that HTT started the thread slagging off Toontastic.

58634[/snapback]

To be honest Sammy was responding to what HTT said in his many essay like posts on this thread. That's how I see it anyway.

Jesus wept tbh!

58624[/snapback]

58634[/snapback]

To be honest Sammy was responding to what HTT said in his many essay like posts on this thread. That's how I see it anyway.

58638[/snapback]

To be fair, I think HTT's 'essay' type posts were prompted by some people slagging his forum. I think you're getting a bit confused about the sequence of events here.

Who's Sammy?

Jesus wept tbh!

58624[/snapback]

58634[/snapback]

I was trying to keep the tone as matter-of-fact as possible tbh mate and I think I succeded. Dont really know what you're getting at.

And I stand by what I said regardless of who started the thread. I think in many ways the fact that he responds to comments on here makes it even more petty tbh. Whats the point in him criticising this place? I actually agree with the 'cliquey' observations but 1) thats partly his fault in causing the split and 2) how is that relevant to anything anyone might say about N-O? Would it prove or disprove their arguments? The answer is 'no' so then why say it? He does it because he's petty minded so he simply cant help it.

It's just very very sad.

Jesus wept tbh!

58624[/snapback]

58634[/snapback]

58638[/snapback]

To be fair, I think HTT's 'essay' type posts were prompted by some people slagging his forum. I think you're getting a bit confused about the sequence of events here.

Who's Sammy?

58647[/snapback]

I'm not getting confused at all thanks.

Jesus wept tbh!

58624[/snapback]

58634[/snapback]

58638[/snapback]

Who's Sammy?

58647[/snapback]

You misunderstand.

HTT's response (smugly revelling in how toontastic will die because it's cliquey/snobby etc etc) has no relevance to an opinion expressed about the quality of the N-O forum (ie about it being unmitigated shite). The quality/type/nature of posts on here have absolutely no relevance to critical observations made about the standard of the N-O forum.

I'm Sammy by the way.

58624[/snapback]

I don't take obvious pleasure/comfort with my assertion, although I can see how my comments would read like that. I was just being honest, blunt even. I've seen it many a time with small forums and if I've learned one thing with football forums in particular, they rely on new members. Without new members, the chat becomes stale, been there, done it all before, and people get bored and before you know it, one top member just disappears, then another and so on and so on and it ends up floating about in cyber space. That's what I genuinly think will happen to this forum because it's not the most appealing website to "newbies", it looks great, works fantastic, like I said it's one of the best forums I've seen, but it has a snobby, patronising, almost false kind of feel to it and I'm not the only one to comment on that.

Maybe that's just me or "us", maybe not. As ever the truth is in between.

And as a NUFC forum, a lot of fans will not settle down here or set it as their home page if you like, some will, but the vast majority won't. I like to think I understand NUFC fans, having ran Nufc.nu, HTT and now Newcastle-online. And while I probably come across as arrogant, I think I know what makes them tick, what doesn't, what they want and what they don't. Online anyway.

I hope it doesn't fade away or just die, and I mean that, not that anyone will believe me like. But I can honestly see it heading that way. Chayton and Sheargol have ran many forums no doubt, and I bet most have just fizzled out. I have too, 90% of them died despite my best efforts and large enough memberships. You can build the best site, the best forum, but it's people that make a site/forum.

ALL KINDS.

Based on some of the opinions on here, the likes of Taylor27 wouldn't be welcome on here, or would be constantly mocked etc. Hell, he's not even a member of this board, and he's being mocked. Whether he posts shit or is winding people up or not, these kind of threads on here reflect badly on this forum, it's members and it's chances of surviving to an ubiased, reading audience, or lurkers.

I know this because we've got members who come our way, after having first tried this place, deciding to stick with us. Aye there is a lot of crap, but no-one looks down on anyone, there is no gang mentality, cliques or anything like that. Just people, their opinions and a platform to voice them. I guess that's why it's so popular, despite being "shite".

I'm sure Chayton, Peasepud and Sheargol et al will work hard to keep this board alive, they already have with the games and such, but often it's the members themselves that have to work hard to keep a board going.

Anyway, that's my opinion, as a member of this forum who will continue to use it (if I'm still wanted :rolleyes:), and as someone who runs a board where some of our members also use this board, this is my genuine thoughts/advice on this place, backed up with years of experience. Trust me, it will die a death if it continues to sneer at people and other sites, especially fellow fans. If fans hate one thing, it's being ridiculed by their own. Think about it.

Okay, this might sound a bit patronising or something, but I genuinely couldn't give a toss.

I can’t help but think that this whole “messageboard war” thing that we've got going on here is really, REALLY pathetic. This is the internet; one of the benefits of the internet is that you (YOU!) get to chose between which sites you want to read, and which sites you don’t want to read. So basically, if you don’t like a site - or it’s users – then just don’t fucking read it.

Simple solution to a simple problem, no?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.