More comments from N-O

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Yep, and I've been proved completely wrong. Shame really, bit of a panic buy IMO.

61069[/snapback]

Quick, put it in the gold section. Or whatever you call the place for the one-off, momentous posts.

61073[/snapback]

In the same place where I said Carr and Butt would be shite? :lol:

61074[/snapback]

Butt wasn't always shite. Didn't you notice those few good games he had before Robson was sacked and before he realised the club now had a shite manager?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, and I've been proved completely wrong. Shame really, bit of a panic buy IMO.

61069[/snapback]

Quick, put it in the gold section. Or whatever you call the place for the one-off, momentous posts.

61073[/snapback]

Why, it's not like it's the first time Gol has admitted he got that one wrong so it's hardly a one-off...

But then you being the man who reads everything scrupulously you already knew that didn't you? :lol:

61102[/snapback]

The monkey defending the organ grinder. :lol:

Better keep an eye on those blokes.

61069[/snapback]

61073[/snapback]

In the same place where I said Carr and Butt would be shite? :lol:

61074[/snapback]

Butt wasn't always shite. Didn't you notice those few good games he had before Robson was sacked and before he realised the club now had a shite manager?

61185[/snapback]

I didn't want to sign Butt, and said he'd turn out a failure. In his first 3 games he looked quite handy, and I was beginning to think I may have been wrong.

Wasn't though was I.

Souness' fault Butt is shite then is it? :lol:

Fair play to those who want to write articles though. I think a fair few of them are taking themselves too seriously, but I suppose if you put up a piece of writing in the public domain then you have to expect both praise and criticism.

I'm shite at this diplomacy like.  :lol:

60057[/snapback]

Actually, you are brilliant at diplomacy, unlike most people on here.

Those article are absolute crud 90% of the time! ;)

60070[/snapback]

The one with Shepherd as Mussolini and Newcastle as a dictatorship was sensational!

60078[/snapback]

I think I read part of that one. Was it by GazP?

60085[/snapback]

I think you'll find his full title was

Gaz Pearson

Writer

Newcastle-Online

60086[/snapback]

Think he just got a text read out on Football Focus. Summat about George Best RIP. Didnt give him his full title though so can't be sure. :lol:

Fair play to those who want to write articles though. I think a fair few of them are taking themselves too seriously, but I suppose if you put up a piece of writing in the public domain then you have to expect both praise and criticism.

I'm shite at this diplomacy like.  :lol:

60057[/snapback]

Actually, you are brilliant at diplomacy, unlike most people on here.

Those article are absolute crud 90% of the time! ;)

60070[/snapback]

The one with Shepherd as Mussolini and Newcastle as a dictatorship was sensational!

60078[/snapback]

I think I read part of that one. Was it by GazP?

60085[/snapback]

I think you'll find his full title was

Gaz Pearson

Writer

Newcastle-Online

60086[/snapback]

Think he just got a text read out on Football Focus. Summat about George Best RIP. Didnt give him his full title though so can't be sure. :lol:

61218[/snapback]

yeah, saw it too.

Where's Baron Von Fat and his 'Hey guys, whats going on in this thread?' when you need him?

30 pages. Hmmmm.

For what it's worth, I can't get on to N-O when I'm home so I can't really comment on how good/bad it is.

This place does for me. Rob once compared this place to a gentlemen's club (albeit one with laydees) and I suppose that is what it's like. It's a bit like being in a pub with your mates; I can sit and listen or I can join in when I want to. Although I have yet to meet any of the fuckwits on here, I feel as though I know them and enjoy their company. It is nice to be able to switch the fuckers off though at times! :lol:

Glancing through the pages (too much to read for me, I'm afraid) someone mentioned the big articles? They put me off something rotten on the old board. Some folk enjoyed posting long texts of what they thought were intellectual, well thought out hardened debate but were, in actual fact, just crap basically. They had obviously spent a great deal of time (wasted imo) typing them in order to impress but they were just a waste of time reading.

Anyway, where's Smithers when a man wants another brandy?

Where's Baron Von Fat and his 'Hey guys, whats going on in this thread?' when you need him?

30 pages. Hmmmm.

For what it's worth, I can't get on to N-O when I'm home so I can't really comment on how good/bad it is.

This place does for me. Rob once compared this place to a gentlemen's club (albeit one with laydees) and I suppose that is what it's like. It's a bit like being in a pub with your mates; I can sit and listen or I can join in when I want to. Although I have yet to meet any of the fuckwits on here, I feel as though I know them and enjoy their company. It is nice to be able to switch the fuckers off though at times! :lol:

Glancing through the pages (too much to read for me, I'm afraid) someone mentioned the big articles? They put me off something rotten on the old board. Some folk enjoyed posting long texts of what they thought were intellectual, well thought out hardened debate but were, in actual fact, just crap basically. They had obviously spent a great deal of time (wasted imo) typing them in order to impress but they were just a waste of time reading.

Anyway, where's Smithers when a man wants another brandy?

61235[/snapback]

You're on the right lines, like. But it's more accurate to say cubs with a few broonies.

61235[/snapback]

Another example of someone who was made a moderator to keep him there.

61292[/snapback]

All of the Baron's best stuff is stolen from Something Awful anyway. There was one time he posted a thread on one version of the board that was a direct copy and paste from a thread on there. It would've been okay if the thread on there had been started by him and he decided to spread his material around, but no.

61235[/snapback]

61292[/snapback]

All of the Baron's best stuff is stolen from Something Awful anyway. There was one time he posted a thread on one version of the board that was a direct copy and paste from a thread on there. It would've been okay if the thread on there had been started by him and he decided to spread his material around, but no.

61330[/snapback]

Got the link?

61235[/snapback]

61292[/snapback]

61330[/snapback]

I once saw someone caught plageurising (sp?) on the Packers board I frequent, the person (lady) he "stole" from hunted and hounded him from board to board without mercy, it was beautifull to watch.

I know that's totally irrelevant to this discusion but it was a good memory for me . SO THERE

61235[/snapback]

61292[/snapback]

61330[/snapback]

Got the link?

61340[/snapback]

I would if I could, this was back on an older version of the board, this was before the reboot that led to me having to register as Radioactive Man. All I remember is calling him on it and him never going into that thread again. :lol:

61235[/snapback]

61292[/snapback]

61330[/snapback]

:lol: Legend.

He totally thought he was mint didn't he. Thought he was part of the clique.

Got the link?

61340[/snapback]

I would if I could, this was back on an older version of the board, this was before the reboot that led to me having to register as Radioactive Man. All I remember is calling him on it and him never going into that thread again. :lol:

61343[/snapback]

Souness' fault Butt is shite then is it?

Yep, it's also Souness' fault Butt is shite for Birmingham.

61217[/snapback]

I don't see how that can be, like. Want to explain how you come to that conclusion?

61324[/snapback]

:lol:

61217[/snapback]

I don't see how that can be, like. Want to explain how you come to that conclusion?

61324[/snapback]

61390[/snapback]

Did you post something there Omar

61217[/snapback]

61324[/snapback]

61390[/snapback]

Did you post something there Omar

61393[/snapback]

Most sensible he's ever posted, tbh.

61235[/snapback]

61292[/snapback]

61330[/snapback]

Got the link?

61340[/snapback]

61343[/snapback]

This is unfortunate, as I was coming into this thread to basically confirm quite a bit about your feelings on the inner workings of N-O, and the childish attitude there. But apparently childish attitudes are a dime a dozen. But it's the internet, so why should I be surprised?

I'm getting pretty sick of the banter there, but what's the point of coming here if this is the atmosphere and backbiting that one has to deal with?

*sigh* This sucks.

PS. Steve - That's a load of shite TBH.

61235[/snapback]

61292[/snapback]

61330[/snapback]

Got the link?

61340[/snapback]

I would if I could, this was back on an older version of the board, this was before the reboot that led to me having to register as Radioactive Man. All I remember is calling him on it and him never going into that thread again. :icon_lol:

61343[/snapback]

;)

This is unfortunate, as I was coming into this thread to basically confirm quite a bit about your feelings on the inner workings of N-O, and the childish attitude there. But apparently childish attitudes are a dime a dozen. But it's the internet, so why should I be surprised?

I'm getting pretty sick of the banter there, but what's the point of coming here if this is the atmosphere and backbiting that one has to deal with?

*sigh* This sucks.

PS. Steve - That's a load of shite TBH.

61505[/snapback]

:lol: Welcome back Baron :lol:

The Baron is more than welcome here. :lol:

There must be something on the N-O special admin forum about this thread though, cos the number of mods/admin we've seen over here since this thread started is not normal.

The Baron is more than welcome here. :lol:

There must be something on the N-O special admin forum about this thread though, cos the number of mods/admin we've seen over here since this thread started is not normal.

61513[/snapback]

To be fair, that's most of their members....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.