More comments from N-O

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Where's Baron Von Fat and his 'Hey guys, whats going on in this thread?' when you need him?

61235[/snapback]

Another example of someone who was made a moderator to keep him there.

61292[/snapback]

All of the Baron's best stuff is stolen from Something Awful anyway. There was one time he posted a thread on one version of the board that was a direct copy and paste from a thread on there. It would've been okay if the thread on there had been started by him and he decided to spread his material around, but no.

61330[/snapback]

Got the link?

61340[/snapback]

I would if I could, this was back on an older version of the board, this was before the reboot that led to me having to register as Radioactive Man. All I remember is calling him on it and him never going into that thread again. :lol:

61343[/snapback]

:lol:

This is unfortunate, as I was coming into this thread to basically confirm quite a bit about your feelings on the inner workings of N-O, and the childish attitude there. But apparently childish attitudes are a dime a dozen. But it's the internet, so why should I be surprised?

I'm getting pretty sick of the banter there, but what's the point of coming here if this is the atmosphere and backbiting that one has to deal with?

*sigh* This sucks.

PS. Steve - That's a load of shite TBH.

61505[/snapback]

Oh come on, it's only banter. Why don't you give us your side on Steve's post anyway?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Baron is more than welcome here. :lol:

There must be something on the N-O special admin forum about this thread though, cos the number of mods/admin we've seen over here since this thread started is not normal.

61513[/snapback]

yep there is...

our mole on the inside has confirmed it.

Better keep an eye on those blokes.

61188[/snapback]

This going to be a standard response from you now? Could always put it in the bad word filter to replace it with "I wank over photos of Souness" if you like! :lol:

There must be something on the N-O special admin forum about this thread though, cos the number of mods/admin we've seen over here since this thread started is not normal.

61513[/snapback]

Busiest forum on N-O....................apparently :lol:

I noticed Sparks is a mod over there. Thought he'd not been on here in a while.

61515[/snapback]

Sparks has just started posting again, not been on for ages. Although he was a mod on the original Howaythetoon board aswell as a toon chat member.

Can't believe this thread is still going like, and Craig man, 8:20am far too early to make sarky comments - go back to bed.

I noticed Sparks is a mod over there. Thought he'd not been on here in a while.

61515[/snapback]

Sparks has just started posting again, not been on for ages. Although he was a mod on the original Howaythetoon board aswell as a toon chat member.

Can't believe this thread is still going like, and Craig man, 8:20am far too early to make sarky comments - go back to bed.

61901[/snapback]

.......he said, powerless to avoid posting in it himself! :lol:

Craig man, 8:20am far too early to make sarky comments - go back to bed.

61901[/snapback]

I'd done an hour and a half's work at that point yer lazy shite! :icon_lol:

(somewhere near the truth, was I? :lol:)

Where's Baron Von Fat and his 'Hey guys, whats going on in this thread?' when you need him?

61235[/snapback]

Another example of someone who was made a moderator to keep him there.

61292[/snapback]

All of the Baron's best stuff is stolen from Something Awful anyway. There was one time he posted a thread on one version of the board that was a direct copy and paste from a thread on there. It would've been okay if the thread on there had been started by him and he decided to spread his material around, but no.

61330[/snapback]

Got the link?

61340[/snapback]

I would if I could, this was back on an older version of the board, this was before the reboot that led to me having to register as Radioactive Man. All I remember is calling him on it and him never going into that thread again. :lol:

61343[/snapback]

This is unfortunate, as I was coming into this thread to basically confirm quite a bit about your feelings on the inner workings of N-O, and the childish attitude there. But apparently childish attitudes are a dime a dozen. But it's the internet, so why should I be surprised?

I'm getting pretty sick of the banter there, but what's the point of coming here if this is the atmosphere and backbiting that one has to deal with?

*sigh* This sucks.

PS. Steve - That's a load of shite TBH.

61505[/snapback]

Oh come on, it's only banter. Why don't you give us your side on Steve's post anyway?

61623[/snapback]

I thought I did...

Better keep an eye on those blokes.

61188[/snapback]

This going to be a standard response from you now? Could always put it in the bad word filter to replace it with "I wank over photos of Souness" if you like! :lol:

61801[/snapback]

Consider that earlier one to be the last one.

All together now...........

thank fuck for that. !!!!

Fuck me, that was woeful, if you mean the one where he'd been up all night drinking diet coke and he slept in and nearly missed the match but he backed the first goalscorer or something. And I told him at the time before I get called a two-faced snide again. To me it highlights the fact that HTT is too nice when it comes to articles on the main site, i.e. anyone can write one and it'll get on their (within reason). That's just my view though and HTT may well poitn out that that's the way he wants to run it which is in itself worthy.

60047[/snapback]

We don't put up everything you know, but we aren't that fussy, true. Not because I'm being nice, just because it's a site for people to have their say and that's why it's so successful, people get a cross-range of views on wor site, good, bad, daft, objective, rants, the lot. It's different and that's why I guess people keep coming back.

Stats for yesterday: 28,710 visitors. That's more than what the Mackems get at the SOL and I'm proud of that.

Anyone can get their views on the site, that's the whole point. You could Alex, anyone can. Our readership comprise of all kinds, people wanting serious opinion, objective opinion, non-controversial opion, rants, light humoured articles, tactics, statistical type articles or my longwinded waffle. They can't seem to get enough of it.

Just look at our feedback: http://www.newcastle-online.com/mailbag/nu...ourshout2.shtml

I'm extremely proud of the site and thankful to anyone who contributes, I draw the line at certain stuff, but in the main, anything goes.

You should try it.

As for JJ, his articles are always enjoyable and he was a popular contributor, he always pulled in tons of feedback, regardless of what he wrote about.

61066[/snapback]

Fair enough mate, wasn't meant to sound as much like a dig as it did and I haven't read that many articles on your place lately. I'll endeavour to do so though. I stand by what I said about the diet coke article btw ;)

The Baron is more than welcome here. :angry:

61513[/snapback]

There's an alarm goes off with every new post on here tbh ;)

*checks thread for new replies*

*reads new replies*

*runs and raises TOONTASTIC ALERT alarm in admin room IMMEDIATELY*

The rest of our crew will be over here shortly. Prepare yourselves for the worst TBH ;)

Make sure you discuss it with the two-dozen anonymous mods on here first. ;)

62811[/snapback]

Eh? I've been whooshed again, I think.

62814[/snapback]

Remember the mud slinging that went on when this forum was first set up and we were told via PM? HTT, Ally and the rest spat their dummies out about it claiming their members were being stole.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.