More comments from N-O

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus wept tbh!

HTT, your website is actually very impressive indeed and you should be rightfully proud of 90% of it's features. I mean that sincerely. I think its developing into a brilliant resource for all things Newcastle United/Newcastle the city. The forum is also an awful lot more popular than this one going by numbers and posts.

You're also right that theres a good chance that this forum will 'die'. The place needs new posters and I think it will struggle to get them because people wont 'stumble across it' in the same way they do with N-O or the old toontastic- ie. because its just a forum and so wont have people browsing a well linked general interest website before coming across the forum inadvertently. I think thats the biggest concern I have about the new place.

I will say this however. I think that the fact that you take very obvious pleasure/comfort in the fact that toontastic might well one day fail is pretty fucking petty and childish. You know why this place was set up-you even openly admit it was as a direct result of mistakes you made in trying to impose your N-O 'brand' on people who had absolutely no affinity with it. To admit this was a mistake of your own making therefore, only then to come out with the rest of your diatribe exposes you for a pretty sad individual imho.

58624[/snapback]

By the tone of that anyone would think that HTT started the thread slagging off Toontastic.

58634[/snapback]

To be honest Sammy was responding to what HTT said in his many essay like posts on this thread. That's how I see it anyway.

58638[/snapback]

To be fair, I think HTT's 'essay' type posts were prompted by some people slagging his forum. I think you're getting a bit confused about the sequence of events here.

Who's Sammy?

58647[/snapback]

You misunderstand.

HTT's response (smugly revelling in how toontastic will die because it's cliquey/snobby etc etc) has no relevance to an opinion expressed about the quality of the N-O forum (ie about it being unmitigated shite). The quality/type/nature of posts on here have absolutely no relevance to critical observations made about the standard of the N-O forum.

I'm Sammy by the way.

58651[/snapback]

no you aren't, you are manc-mag

58794[/snapback]

LM, manc-mag's christian name is sammy and mate on a number of occasions I've had to re-read threads to make sure it's not me they are refering to when the name sammy pops up.

Either way I'm right about both forum re-Neil.

I'm Sammy.

58661[/snapback]

Reincarnation!

I buried you in my back garden when you failed to come out of hibernation a couple of years ago.

58670[/snapback]

Is this Sammy in question a tortoise.

We had a tortoise but when we had an extension done on the house he went missing. My sister always maintained that the fucking builder stole him. My mam and dad got divorced about 8 years later and my mam remarried a while after that.......and you'll never guess what. She only married the fucking tortoise thief! That didn't come out til after the wedding like.

58675[/snapback]

When I was a kid, I had a hamster called sammy. He died. I then got another one called Sammy, and he got out of his cage and was killed by the dog.

I think talking about how crap Souness is, and the financial situation his ego is going to leave this football club in, which I can see and I'm not an accountant, is far preferable to this shit.

Jesus Christ I can't believe this is still bloody going on! 

An argument over who is better at installing a piece of software and applying a few mods to it - big whoop! 

Perhaps if the respective "teams" had created their sites from scratch then at least there'd be some kind of bragging rights as to who was the better coder/designer.  As it stands though, each forum is a pre-scripted  message board with a few mods and specific style applied. I reckon my nan could even do that.... not really but still.

For the record (and I'm only basing this on this site and N-O), I'd say that Shearergol is the better designer and HTT the better coder (sorry HTT but your graphics are rather pony :rolleyes: ) - perhaps you should have joined forces.

58751[/snapback]

:blink:

I can't programme for toffee man. I'm not the best with graphics either. I build websites, that and usability/information architecture is my forte. I love the whole usability sector of the web. That's probably the only thing keeping me interested in the industry.

While we are here, who's up for a discussion on information architecture?

Howay, it's a blast.

No?

Sharks, then?

;)

58765[/snapback]

Do you think that William Pena had a point when he talked about the synthesis gap?

:icon_lol: Sorry just felt a little left out in this 'discussion'

FOR FUCK SAKE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

;-)

I'm Sammy.

58661[/snapback]

Reincarnation!

I buried you in my back garden when you failed to come out of hibernation a couple of years ago.

58670[/snapback]

We had a tortoise but when we had an extension done on the house he went missing. My sister always maintained that the fucking builder stole him. My mam and dad got divorced about 8 years later and my mam remarried a while after that.......and you'll never guess what. She only married the fucking tortoise thief! That didn't come out til after the wedding like.

58675[/snapback]

When I was a kid, I had a hamster called sammy. He died. I then got another one called Sammy, and he got out of his cage and was killed by the dog.

I think talking about how crap Souness is, and the financial situation his ego is going to leave this football club in, which I can see and I'm not an accountant, is far preferable to this shit.

58803[/snapback]

You've obviously never been the victim of tortoise theft then. :rolleyes:

Jesus wept tbh!

HTT, your website is actually very impressive indeed and you should be rightfully proud of 90% of it's features. I mean that sincerely. I think its developing into a brilliant resource for all things Newcastle United/Newcastle the city. The forum is also an awful lot more popular than this one going by numbers and posts.

You're also right that theres a good chance that this forum will 'die'. The place needs new posters and I think it will struggle to get them because people wont 'stumble across it' in the same way they do with N-O or the old toontastic- ie. because its just a forum and so wont have people browsing a well linked general interest website before coming across the forum inadvertently. I think thats the biggest concern I have about the new place.

I will say this however. I think that the fact that you take very obvious pleasure/comfort in the fact that toontastic might well one day fail is pretty fucking petty and childish. You know why this place was set up-you even openly admit it was as a direct result of mistakes you made in trying to impose your N-O 'brand' on people who had absolutely no affinity with it. To admit this was a mistake of your own making therefore, only then to come out with the rest of your diatribe exposes you for a pretty sad individual imho.

58624[/snapback]

By the tone of that anyone would think that HTT started the thread slagging off Toontastic.

58634[/snapback]

So it's ok for HTT to launch into an attack on me, even though I didn't start the thread, yet manc-mag can't comment on what HTT said about this place?

I'm Sammy.

58661[/snapback]

Reincarnation!

58670[/snapback]

58675[/snapback]

58803[/snapback]

There's a lesson to be learned here......

Don't call your pets "Sammy" if you want them to survive! ;)

Unlucky manc-mag! :rolleyes:

You (conveniently) cropped the first paragraph out of that quote, so I'll repeat it if I may:

The point is though, (and the key difference) is that if there was criticism of this site on your site, I honestly couldnt give a monkeys toss! That's because I would see it as utterly fucking irrelevant to any problems with the current toontastic format.

With respect, thats the bit you cant answer.

If someone criticised this forum/poster on N-O then what the fuck could I possibly care? You clearly do however and thats what precipitates your responses. The state of toontastic is utterly fucking irrelevant to criticisms of N-O!!!!!!!! Why comment on toontastic then? Theres only one explanation in spte of any goodwill you might try to lay claim to.

Throw a six and move on mate.

OH fuck off,

:rolleyes:

Cheers for that.

58794[/snapback]

LM, manc-mag's christian name is sammy and mate on a number of occasions I've had to re-read threads to make sure it's not me they are refering to when the name sammy pops up.

58796[/snapback]

To avoid future confusion, you could be called 'fat sammy'.

What d'you reckon? I'd accept that as a compromise.

........that or 'Geordie Fish II'

Edited by manc-mag

58794[/snapback]

58796[/snapback]

To avoid future confusion, you could be called 'fat sammy'.

What d'you reckon? I'd accept that as a compromise.

........that or 'Geordie Fish II'

58867[/snapback]

I'll give you til 10.30 am to respond with any objections. If you genuinely dont want to be renamed you'll make your position abundantly clear.

You (conveniently) cropped the first paragraph out of that quote, so I'll repeat it if I may:

The point is though, (and the key difference) is that if there was criticism of this site on your site, I honestly couldnt give a monkeys toss! That's because I would see it as utterly fucking irrelevant to any problems with the current toontastic format.

With respect, thats the bit you cant answer.

If someone criticised this forum/poster on N-O then what the fuck could I possibly care? You clearly do however and thats what precipitates your responses. The state of toontastic is utterly fucking irrelevant to criticisms of N-O!!!!!!!! Why comment on toontastic then? Theres only one explanation in spte of any goodwill you might try to lay claim to.

Throw a six and move on mate.

OH fuck off,

Cheers for that.

58864[/snapback]

HTT definitely, definitely doesn't give a damn about this place.

For fuck sake, I'm sammy but I don't want to be now, I want to be steve!

TBH Neil posts on both forums, so they both suck.

58784[/snapback]

Incidentally, who the fuck is Neil?

58784[/snapback]

58870[/snapback]

Steve I think.

58784[/snapback]

58870[/snapback]

Steve I think.

58873[/snapback]

Seriously though, HTL mentioned him when he PM'ed me (don't ask). He thought I was taking the piss when I said who's Neil?

58784[/snapback]

58870[/snapback]

Steve I think.

58873[/snapback]

Seriously though, HTL mentioned him when he PM'ed me (don't ask). He thought I was taking the piss when I said who's Neil?

58875[/snapback]

I'd thought sammynb had been referring to HTL tbh. Though that cant be the case if HTL said the same name in his own PM.

Unless he offers people outside in the third person of course?

"Do you want a piece of Neil?" etc etc

He was offering me outside? I thought he was asking me out.

58878[/snapback]

Who?

We're still talking about Neil right? :rolleyes:

I thought HTL and supasimonwood had been going head-to-head for internet hardman status lately?

He was offering me outside? I thought he was asking me out.

58878[/snapback]

Who?

We're still talking about Neil right? :rolleyes:

I thought HTL and supasimonwood had been going head-to-head for internet hardman status lately?

58879[/snapback]

No, HTL! Who's Neil?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.