The youth team

Marko

I've never seen the kids play, and apart from official site updates and the odd report I know next to nothing about the youth coming throug our system at the moment. It was a good result for the young ones yesterday against west ham who are often regarded as one of the best youth academy teams in England.

So really, I'm just asking what is the current state of our academy? do we have anyone in there who is really showing something promising? Obviously we have the likes of Kadar, Vuckic, Forster and Krul but are there any others who we should be keeping tabs on?

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100203/cl...2240137_1954580

http://nufc.com/2009-10html/reserve_apps_prem.html

The only names I recognise are Alnwick (Bens brother?) Inman and Tavernier, who have all played in the reserves. This is an under 18 team which I think means they are in the first year of their first professional contract. So this is last years academy players.Which means that Dennis Wiae may have recruited some of them ;) Good result,but we'll see how things go...who do they have in the next round?

The only names I recognise are Alnwick (Bens brother?) Inman and Tavernier, who have all played in the reserves. This is an under 18 team which I think means they are in the first year of their first professional contract. So this is last years academy players.Which means that Dennis Wiae may have recruited some of them ;) Good result,but we'll see how things go...who do they have in the next round?

I believe it's Hull or Crystal Palace

Kazenga, Vukic, Spear and Tozer are the best young lads we have...If we still have all of them that is.

Did Dennis Wise sign all of them? ;)

They're all too old for the U 18s anyway. If they don't step up to the plate in the next 12 months they'll be released.

It is an under 18 side made up of 1st and 2nd year academy scholars.

I think Shane Ferguson is the only one who is on a pro contract.

Kazenga, Vukic, Spear and Tozer are the best young lads we have...If we still have all of them that is.

Did Dennis Wise sign all of them? ;)

They're all too old for the U 18s anyway. If they don't step up to the plate in the next 12 months they'll be released.

Spear isn't too old for the under 18's, he's only a first year scholar iirc.

Vuckic is still only 17 as well so can play at that level but is currently injured.

Did Dennis Wise sign all of them? :D

Vuckic is still only 17 as well so can play at that level but is currently injured.

Spear didn't play last night but may well be injured or his cat might of died or something... ;)

Does anyone know what the word is on the U18s?...do they stand a good chance of winning it?

Spear didn't play last night but may well be injured or his cat might of died or something... ;)

Does anyone know what the word is on the U18s?...do they stand a good chance of winning it?

I think we have a better chance than in resent years due to who is left in it.

Liverpool, Villa and Chelsea would be the three strongest teams left in it imo but if Liverpool beat Watford they play Chelsea in the next round.

We play the winner of Hull V Palace in the next round and the game will be at St. James' Park the week after next so if you can get yourself along.

Liverpool, Villa and Chelsea would be the three strongest teams left in it imo but if Liverpool beat Watford they play Chelsea in the next round.

We play the winner of Hull V Palace in the next round and the game will be at St. James' Park the week after next so if you can get yourself along.

I'd love to mate but I live on the south coast now. Due to one thing and another tomorrow night is going to cost me 150 quid for a flight up north :icon_lol:

Do you watch the young uns regular like?

I'd love to mate but I live on the south coast now. Due to one thing and another tomorrow night is going to cost me 150 quid for a flight up north :icon_lol:

Do you watch the young uns regular like?

I used to aye but I don't get to see them as often as I did a few years ago when I would get to about 8 or 9 academy games a season but I try to keep up to date on what is going on with them.

to be honest the only lad whos likely to make it to first team football at NUFC is Vukic having already came on as a sub at the age of 17. When you think we have loads of lads who are 20+ in our reserves who still havnt had a 1st team match that doesnt say much for them.

Theres about 4 defenders a year or 2 older than kadar not getting anywhere near the first team so they must rate kadar highly compared to the rest.

Dont think lua lua will cut it but hes been injured i think.

Shane Ferguson is a decent winger tho, thinks hes 17 aswell

Inman is apparently quite good as well. Name pops up on the score sheets quite frequently (Like Vukic when he was fit). A couple of goal scoring midfielders coming through the ranks would be nice.

Alnwick, Forster, Soderberg, Tozer, Tavernier, Lough, Kadar, Vuckic, Inman, Adjei, Baheng, Spear, Airey and Donaldson all look like they could become good players tbh.

Not a bad crop imo.

out of these Forster, Kadar, Vuckic, and Donaldson are the only ones with a chance of playing top flight football. People like baheng,tozer and airey will probably be released at the end of the year . Baheng being nealy 21 and never playing a 1st team game

Edited by JaMoUsE

Alnwick, Forster, Soderberg, Tozer, Tavernier, Lough, Kadar, Vuckic, Inman, Adjei, Baheng, Spear, Airey and Donaldson all look like they could become good players tbh.

Not a bad crop imo.

out of these Forster, Kadar, Vuckic, and Donaldson are the only ones with a chance of playing top flight football. People like baheng,tozer and airey will probably be released at the end of the year . Baheng being nealy 21 and never playing a 1st team game

Maybe...Airey wont be released and neither will Tozer but possibly Baheng tbh.

Spear, Inman and Adjei look very promising thought imo!

And Tavernier looks pretty good too!

In defence of Baheng, didn't he break his leg last year? hasnt played as much as he could have

Aye and before that he did look pretty decent...fast as fuck but for one reason or another hasnt really cut it since.

• 3 months later...