Euro 2012

khay

They did well and qualified from a fairly poor group for the World Cup. If they are still anything like what they were like when we had them for Euro 2008 qualifying then we are guaranteed 4 points as we did well against them with Staunton in charge.

There's no reason at all why we can't challenge Russia. Macedonia are an old bogey team and Armenia are unknown.

Edited by IrishMag

Could anyone with a better idea of international football fill me in on Slovakia.

Russia looked exellent in the Euros until they pissed themselves against Holland.

To me it doesn't look a bad group, though. What do the other Irish lads on here think?

England got a great draw,btw.

Fairly solid team.

Players you may know:

Marek Cech (WBA)

Martin Skrtel (Liverpool)

Marek Hamsik (Napoli)

Vladimir Weiss (Bolton)

Could anyone with a better idea of international football fill me in on Slovakia.

Russia looked exellent in the Euros until they pissed themselves against Holland.

To me it doesn't look a bad group, though. What do the other Irish lads on here think?

Russia played great against Holland, beat them 3-1. Spain knocked them out in the semis.

Christ, I think I was at the Slovakia match. Ireland games just seem to blur together for me.

Cheers anyway, lads. Superb opportunity to try and win the group outright.

In Bratislava? I was there, hellhole, definately won't be going back. No real attractive away trip this time unfortunately.

Russia played great against Holland, beat them 3-1. Spain knocked them out in the semis.

Sorry, that's who I meant.

They were fantastic up 'til then.

Russia, Slovakia, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, FYR Macedonia, Armenia, Andorra

I think Ireland should fancy their chances really in this group, the chances are them, Russia and Slovakia should be battling for the top two positions and if Ireland can play anywhere near as well as they did in the World Cup qualifying then they should be in with a good shout of qualifying. I can imagine many of the Irish players are still smarting from the France incident + lots of them will see the Euros as their last chance to play in a tournament so the determination should be there.

As for England, they have had a good draw and this Euro 2010 betting preview reckons this group draw has seen them go to 2nd favourites to win the tournament, though how the group impacts the odds for this is beyond me + i think it would be stupid to start looking that far ahead. Lets get the World Cup out of the way first.

Russia, Slovakia, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, FYR Macedonia, Armenia, Andorra

I think Ireland should fancy their chances really in this group, the chances are them, Russia and Slovakia should be battling for the top two positions and if Ireland can play anywhere near as well as they did in the World Cup qualifying then they should be in with a good shout of qualifying. I can imagine many of the Irish players are still smarting from the France incident + lots of them will see the Euros as their last chance to play in a tournament so the determination should be there.

As for England, they have had a good draw and this Euro 2010 betting preview reckons this group draw has seen them go to 2nd favourites to win the tournament, though how the group impacts the odds for this is beyond me + i think it would be stupid to start looking that far ahead. Lets get the World Cup out of the way first.

Can you pack in with the betfair (and all the others) hyperlinks please? Unless you're keen to pay for the advertising that is :lol: