Bioshock 2

Acid

The original was brilliant, any thoughts on the upcoming sequel?

Mine personally is its continuation of the storyline and how much Rapture has changed itself since your last visit ten years ago.

Released on Tuesday (9th).

Edited by ChriszyD

I'll probably be forgoing this one, I do have the first and played it through but just didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would (and was constantly told I would)

The original was brilliant, any thoughts on the upcoming sequel?

Mine personally is its continuation of the storyline and how much Rapture has changed itself since your last visit ten years ago.

Released on Tuesday (9th).

It's a prequel.. it's the events that lead up to how rapture was in the first one

Going download it when i get home, the first was one of the first games in a long time of that nature I have enjoyed, one ranks right up there with the First half-life and Deus-ex, so i'm hoping this one will be great.

One thing i'm glad they did is changed how the "mini boss" fights work, in the first one you could just avoid the big daddies and choose when and where you wanted to fight them, made it too easy taking them on your terms.

In this one the Big sisters get introduced into the level at random times and basically come looking for you ;)

hope they have some subtle twist like the "Would you Kindly" bit from the first

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioShock_2

The game is set in fictional dystopian city Rapture in alternative history 1970, a decade after the events of BioShock.

Meanwhile, I also agree on the twist with Atlas, and hope that this is somehow implemented in the sequel.

Just finished this today.

Enjoyable, but nowhere near as good as the first one.

:jesuswept:

Elaborate please?

It is just more of the same really. The novelty of being a Big Daddy wears off after a couple of hours and therefore becomes a plod through the latter part of the game

Just finished this today.

Enjoyable, but nowhere near as good as the first one.

:lol:

Elaborate please?

It is just more of the same really. The novelty of being a Big Daddy wears off after a couple of hours and therefore becomes a plod through the latter part of the game

I'd probably agree with that, Lamb just hasn't got the charisma of Ryan, and notably there isn't a significant character that replaces Atlas. Nevertheless, it's still a very good game, and multiplayer is rather fun, and the addition of your own cabin is brilliant.

I've heard the online gameplay is laggy and poor

Yeah it's pretty hard to find a decent game, it's just to improve the lifespan of the game really, as I only bought it for the single-player campaign.

I've heard the online gameplay is laggy and poor

Yeah it's pretty hard to find a decent game, it's just to improve the lifespan of the game really, as I only bought it for the single-player campaign.

I've heard being a big daddy gets boring real quick too?

It's the way games work today, you can't have everything it would seem

you either Get a decent story and a nice long game to work through

or you get the super graphics and something you clear in a day with ease (like call of duty.. and in it's case its also short because most want it for multiplayer)

imo Games like Bioshock don't serve well to multiplayer.. and i had no intention of trying it.

UnrealTournament, Counterstrike etc are multiplayer games they do it very well because in reality the single player modes are multiplayer with really stupid bots.

Better to be a master of one trade than a jack of all i guess.

i 100% agree with this. all the best single player games, bar a few exceptions, have a terrible or no online play:

thief 1 & 2

deus ex

monkey island series

grim fandango

zelda

etc. etc.

cleared bioshock 2 on the hardest setting in a day basically :(

First one was miles better, story and length wise.

this ones a bit harder in parts but its clearly been cut down due do the multiplayer additions...a pity

I agree also. Upcoming DLC announced for multiplayer: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/ne...for-BioShock-2-[updated-With-Screenshots].html

Edited by ChriszyD