Mancini to sell Ireland

loonyTOON

There's more chance of us buying the island of Ireland, than S. Ireland. Chortle, chortle ;)

Wonder what the true Citeh (best supported club in the history of football. FACT!) fans think about it. A player who has been nurtured by them into a canny good player - moved on because of money-no-object-transfers bringing in mercenary players who couldn't give a fig about the club.

Never ever going to happen but I would love him here, every time I have seen him he has been excellent and really takes control of a game and makes something happen. That isn't we desperately need if we want to stay up next season ;)

Mancini to sell Steven Ireland in the summer to open up for his planned signings. If we go up, we should def try and sign. Just what we need in the middle of the park.

;)

Looney? very much the case. Stillin waiting for the men in white coats.

But don't we deserve to be able to try and bring players like this in? too long we've 'scrapped' the barrel so to speak.

nah, as in who we've signed. spent money in the past but not on players worth while. scrapping th barrel. Players like duff and owen who wanted a fortune per week and were at lows in their careers. Instead of looking towards young talent thats worthwhile signing, or good quality players. look back at players such as both Fayes, boumsong, babyaro, kluivert, owen, duff, luque, geremi, cacapa. all did sweet fa for us

Guest Insider
nah, as in who we've signed. spent money in the past but not on players worth while. scrapping th barrel. Players like duff and owen who wanted a fortune per week and were at lows in their careers. Instead of looking towards young talent thats worthwhile signing, or good quality players. look back at players such as both Fayes, boumsong, babyaro, kluivert, owen, duff, luque, geremi, cacapa. all did sweet fa for us

;) Christ.

what an absolute utter load of bollocks

not even some sort of source material for the idea that mancini is selling ireland (who is still one of citys best performers when he plays)

what an absolute utter load of bollocks

not even some sort of source material for the idea that mancini is selling ireland (who is still one of citys best performers when he plays)

Here you go: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...en-Ireland.html

:-D I may be looney but got better things to do with my time that create transfer stories

Not going to happen.

Ireland is a funny type of player though. I don't think he'd have much appeal at all outside of England. He's been a round for a while and has always been a decent player, has either come into his own over the last couple of seasons or is in a patch of good form. Though in this time as well I've seen him try to play too pretty (back heels etc etc). Would be overvalued in the English market IMO, undervalued outside it. Even if we were interested we'd have to pay over the top to get him here and it quite frankly would not be worth it.

Not going to happen.

Ireland is a funny type of player though. I don't think he'd have much appeal at all outside of England. He's been a round for a while and has always been a decent player, has either come into his own over the last couple of seasons or is in a patch of good form. Though in this time as well I've seen him try to play too pretty (back heels etc etc). Would be overvalued in the English market IMO, undervalued outside it. Even if we were interested we'd have to pay over the top to get him here and it quite frankly would not be worth it.

Who needs him anyway? We've got Butt and Nolan :jesuswept:

Who needs him anyway? We've got Butt and Nolan :jesuswept:

If Butt is offered any kind of playing contract extension or otherwise for next season I honestly think I will throw up, or have a heart attack. The rage is building just thinking about it - I can almost see the .co.uk article already with Hughton talking about how his experience will be vital etc etc.

:P

I've felt that way for years. Wouldn't mind him on the coaching staff though.

the thing is I actually would mind, despite his experience he doesn't seem to be very inspirational and can't keep a cool head under pressure despite his age. Add that to the fact that technically he isn't anything special so I wouldn't be too deslighted with him even in a coaching capacity.

Speaking of Mancini, don't know if anyone else had to the misfortune to listen to the Manc derby on the radio the other week but they had Waddle on there as summariser....

He's gone one better than his "pelanty" gaff - guess what he calls Citeh's manager??

mankini.jpg

I shit you not..... :jesuswept: