I need to go and change my pants

Steve

I thought it was meant to be a new origin story. Suuprised to realise it's not and happy to see them use the old music.

Of course, with Bryan Singer directing, it will be camper than Larry Grayson's special guest appearance on the Batman TV show.

I thought it was meant to be a new origin story.  Suuprised to realise it's not and happy to see them use the old music.

It takes place after the first two Superman movies. From what I've heard they deny the existence of Superman 3 and 4 (ie, the crappy Superman movies), instead Superman seemingly disappears after defeating General Zod. This movie is about his return to Metropolis and trying to rebuild his life there.

I'm curious though as to whether it's just Superman who disappears, as in, has Clark Kent still been working at the Daily Planet but has decided not to be Superman? I don't think that'd work because I don't think Clark would be able to let bad things happen. So if Clark leaves at the same time as Superman it's all very convenient that he returns at the same time.

I'm still hoping that Superman and Batman have a cross-over movie. I could die happy if there was one, and it was actually good.

Peter Weller being signed up for the new series of 24 is far greater news than some bloke who wears red duds outside his pants tbh.

Edited by Sima

Is that the Robocop bloke?  Has Sutherland had enough like, or is he still gonna be in it as well?

58125[/snapback]

Yes, it's Robocop. He's playing the man who got Jack into CTU in the first place, Kiefer is still in it. If the writers can shoehorn some Robocop quotes into 24 I think I might have to change my pants :lol:

Is that the Robocop bloke?  Has Sutherland had enough like, or is he still gonna be in it as well?

58125[/snapback]

Yes, it's Robocop. He's playing the man who got Jack into CTU in the first place, Kiefer is still in it. If the writers can shoehorn some Robocop quotes into 24 I think I might have to change my pants :lol:

58189[/snapback]

Time Jack died methinks.

Bryan Singer has been talking about Batman Superman. As reported on AICN...

There is no truth to the rumor that there is a clause in Brandon Routh's contract to do a Superman/Batman crossover flick, only a standard Warner Brothers multi-picture deal. Although I was later told that even though it most likely will never be seen in the movie, the set was so detailed that the Daily Planet newspapers were all filled with stories, including a "Bat Creature" being spotted in Metropolis with a picture of a shadowy Batman jumping off of a building with Jimmy Olsen photo credits. Very cool. Bryan also mentioned that the only time he ever considered a Batman/Superman movie was when Wolfgang Peterson was attached, and just thought how he would do it. "Who would be the bad guy? It'd have to be Batman. But he can't be that bad...he's Batman!" He said tonight was the first time he had thought about it since then.

Who's the bad guy? That's easy, Lex.

Let Superman take him out in Superman Returns and he can then fight Darkseid or Doomsday in the next Superman movie. Lex can show up in Gotham towards the end of the next Batman movie, and Batman can go to Metropolis to get help from Superman. Easy and done. You don't have to have a full on Batman vs Superman, but you can make them conflicted on how to deal with Lex.

Superman is too goody goody prissy wet and...well...just plain daisy chain for my liking.

58298[/snapback]

I just think that DC and Warner Brothers are being too impatient. As much as I am looking forward to Superman Returns, I think they should have held it off for, say, two more years. Smallville has been fucking excellent but it can't keep going forever. Season five has just begun with the Fortress of Solitude only just coming into the series. I say give Smallville this series, with possibly one more, and then they have a perfect Superman in Tom Welling, a Superman that people have seen grow from a raw kid with these fantastic powers into the most powerful superhero ever.

Smallville has kinda given me a new appreciation for the character, while he is this goody-goody boy scout type, he's got powers that could kill everyone on Earth in a few seconds. Clark's come a fuck of a long way, and I think if the movies followed on from Smallville we'd see a more rounded character.

But I'd probably agree and say that Marvel > DC overall in terms of the universe itself, but in terms of characters, DC comes out on top.