Superbowl tonight

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I prefer Rugby Union (only really watch internationals and I wouldn't say I was a massive fan or owt) although it does suffer from being so complicated at times that you'll have an experienced commentator and a summariser who is an ex-England player who can't explain why the ref just gave a decision. I.e. not just a case of a mistake being made but more being unable to tell how he's interpreted the latest rule change. I like the honest physicality of the game though.

Much prefer union, but you're right, i've watched it since i was a kid and you still can't know all the rules and interpretations of them. But league is just guys running into a line of the opposition, taken down, back heel the ball and run into the line again and again. No competetive scrums, no rucks or mauls, no tactical kicking, lineouts or anything like that. Don't get me wrong the league players are admirable in their athletisism, strength, stamina and guts but the game isn't a patch on union.

But as somebody said earlier union is currently suffering from some rule changes which massively favour defences when a player is grounded and its lead to teams not risking playing and so kicking far too much.

Also Brian Moore is probably my favourite co-comentator of any sport!

Did you read about his 'Gollumesque' psychological problems? In the Sunday Times a few weeks back I think. Weird shit, but still seemed a canny bloke, regardless.

No, haven't heard/read anything about that, and you'd think if it is even slightly linked to lord of the rings i'd have heard about it! :lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic