Derby County -3-0- NUFC

Barney

Anyway, the point I was really making is, look at our form over the last two months and we will not finish in the top 2 in all probability come the end of the season.

We were 12 points clear on xmas day, since then we've 10 points from a possible 24. Thats points to the play offs at best for me.Depends if Forest and WBA go on, and if Cardiff, Swansea or Leicester appear out of the pack. Derby were as good as any team I've seen outside of Forest and WBA and are 7 points behind 6th with all the players injured around xmas back now. Derby are this years Derby :jesuswept:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really see many patterns from recent games. I see the ebb and flow of a season. We were due a defeat too.

As for Hughton getting it tactically wrong, it seems that perhaps his more defensive line-ups were more effective?

Anyway, we only lose when Colocinni isnt playing, that was the real problem :jesuswept:

3 out of the first choice back 4 out last night, and Guti looked very much as if he was missing his amigo Jose like a lost lover.

I'll tell you one thing about the last 3 or 4 games, the games have largely passed Nolan and Guthrie by. There seems to be lots of play in front of them in the centre of the park, but they rarely get tight on their opposite numbers and make it awkward for them. And this was just as obvious to me v Cardiff on Friday as it was last night and at Leicester. They seem only interested in playing when they have the ball given to them and want to do nothing about winning the ball for themselves.

I quite like Guthrie but he isn't the greatest in terms of his engine. He's better than Nolan in that regard though.

Guthrie flatters to deceive at the moment. Neither him nor Nolan had any interest in closing Savage down last night and made the cunt look like some sort of shite gay Welsh fuckin Andrea Pirlo :P

Because we can't get very much going in the middle, we're forced wide, and when Guti is off his game as he was last night (he looked like he might still be carrying a bit of a knock) it largely peters out. Routledge looked sharp again though last night, but often gets knocked off the ball due to him being a bit too small and lightweight. The Derby left back was however given lenient treatment by the ref and his linesmen, who may have well let Savage ref the whole game on his own.

Tbf Guthrie's only played his 2nd game in a row in his proper decision. I didn't see the game last night though so can't really comment. Ideally I'd like to see him and Barton play CM for us though.

True, but part of playing in his proper posistion is closing his opposite number down. Savage ran the show without anyone getting near him or putting him under pressure. So can we say he's been shite in his proper posistion? Becasue he didnt have a real hand in any of the goals we scored against Cardiff....who in midfield they played a teenage right back and Stephen MacPhail, who was playing his first game since recovering from cancer.

We're wank I've said it for a long time now. The Cardiff performance wasn't the norm, it was a freak given Cardiff were doing ok and hadn't lost in eight. At least some of us are guaranteed Wembley tickets in May though Craig.......

We're due a win there anyway. When was the last one? That Mercantile Credit thingy?

Aye but even then it was some dodgy game that we won on penalties that was immediate sudden death.

We're wank I've said it for a long time now. The Cardiff performance wasn't the norm, it was a freak given Cardiff were doing ok and hadn't lost in eight. At least some of us are guaranteed Wembley tickets in May though Craig.......

We're due a win there anyway. When was the last one? That Mercantile Credit thingy?

We didn't even win in that though, drew and won on pens with the dippers. At least one Tyneside club has won there recently though...

Anyway, the point I was really making is, look at our form over the last two months and we will not finish in the top 2 in all probability come the end of the season.

We were 12 points clear on xmas day, since then we've 10 points from a possible 24. Thats points to the play offs at best for me.Depends if Forest and WBA go on, and if Cardiff, Swansea or Leicester appear out of the pack. Derby were as good as any team I've seen outside of Forest and WBA and are 7 points behind 6th with all the players injured around xmas back now. Derby are this years Derby :jesuswept:

Indeed, I mean I know we have a game in hand but it's still, we've been lacking consistancy for ages now. What's really sickening is the players we have really should be performing better than they have been recently, it's like they've suffered from a bout of over-confidence and now the other teams are taking advantage of that.

I dont really see many patterns from recent games. I see the ebb and flow of a season. We were due a defeat too.

As for Hughton getting it tactically wrong, it seems that perhaps his more defensive line-ups were more effective?

Anyway, we only lose when Colocinni isnt playing, that was the real problem :jesuswept:

3 out of the first choice back 4 out last night, and Guti looked very much as if he was missing his amigo Jose like a lost lover.

I'll tell you one thing about the last 3 or 4 games, the games have largely passed Nolan and Guthrie by. There seems to be lots of play in front of them in the centre of the park, but they rarely get tight on their opposite numbers and make it awkward for them. And this was just as obvious to me v Cardiff on Friday as it was last night and at Leicester. They seem only interested in playing when they have the ball given to them and want to do nothing about winning the ball for themselves.

I quite like Guthrie but he isn't the greatest in terms of his engine. He's better than Nolan in that regard though.

Guthrie flatters to deceive at the moment. Neither him nor Nolan had any interest in closing Savage down last night and made the cunt look like some sort of shite gay Welsh fuckin Andrea Pirlo :P

Because we can't get very much going in the middle, we're forced wide, and when Guti is off his game as he was last night (he looked like he might still be carrying a bit of a knock) it largely peters out. Routledge looked sharp again though last night, but often gets knocked off the ball due to him being a bit too small and lightweight. The Derby left back was however given lenient treatment by the ref and his linesmen, who may have well let Savage ref the whole game on his own.

Tbf Guthrie's only played his 2nd game in a row in his proper decision. I didn't see the game last night though so can't really comment. Ideally I'd like to see him and Barton play CM for us though.

True, but part of playing in his proper posistion is closing his opposite number down. Savage ran the show without anyone getting near him or putting him under pressure. So can we say he's been shite in his proper posistion? Becasue he didnt have a real hand in any of the goals we scored against Cardiff....who in midfield they played a teenage right back and Stephen MacPhail, who was playing his first game since recovering from cancer.

That's fair comment but I think he needs a run in the side there to judge him properly. And he played well against Cardiff.

Edited by alex

That's fair comment but I think he needs a run in the side to judge him properly. And he played well against Cardiff.

Didn't work hard enough for me against Cardiff, playing against lads were largely passengers.And you can't just pick and choose your games in this divison.A lot of the players we've got seem complacent, especially away from home. Not looking too good.

Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring! Accaspacca says we're gonna piss this league, so last night's result is only a pimple on the face of our guaranteed promotion.

If we could have won last night, we would have gone a fuckin' MASSIVE step towards sealing finishing in the top two imo (due to the Forest result) (mind you, I bet the Forest fans are ruing their own result last night). Woudla, coulda, shoulda!!!! Ifs buts and maybes. Welcome to the magical world of Newcastle United Football Club.

Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring! Accaspacca says we're gonna piss this league, so last night's result is only a pimple on the face of our guaranteed promotion.

If we could have won last night, we would have gone a fuckin' MASSIVE step towards sealing finishing in the top two imo (due to the Forest result) (mind you, I bet the Forest fans are ruing their own result last night). Woudla, coulda, shoulda!!!! Ifs buts and maybes. Welcome to the magical world of Newcastle United Football Club.

If ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no need for tinkers. Apparently.

If ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no need for tinkers. Apparently.

And Ranieri would be out of a job.

Just got back fro the match. No really! Was staying down in Nottingham last night and went to the game with some customers, sitting in the Derby end :jesuswept:

Firstly, 3-0 no way reflects the balance of play in the game. They started much stronger but we eventually got hold of the game and started to push for a goal. Our problem was our quality in the final third. To me we needed to do much better in getting the ball to the forwards. More so, and I think for most of the game, Derby wanted it more and went the extra 10% to win the ball. Then against the run of play they scored and then they had the penalty that never ever should have been. Even the Derby fans I was with agreed the lad went down looking for it. So then it was 2-0. The start of the second half was all us but we just couldnt get through. Personally I think the front two were poor, Jonas was running at them well with no en result as usual. Routledge was good and Im starting to quite like him, giving us good balance on the wings. Van anholt or whatever he is called was shite and looked lost and I really think we miss Taylor and Collocini at the back. Nolan was pretty anonymous as well. Overall I think the difference was them fighting to win each ball and us not. To me, a 1 goal difference would have been more realitic to the balance of play.

Oh, our away fans were in good voice until the last 20mins when we, along with the team, seemed to have given up.

Trying to be optimistic, Im hoping this gives the team a kick up the arse and we no longer think we can stroll the league. Still along way to go and while we'll drop more points, I still see no reason why we wont go on and finish top 2.

A final word on this result. NUFC had virtually a full day's more rest than Derby leading up to this game.

That was........the final word.

Who do you think you are? Cameo?