Swansea v Newcastle

ChezGiven

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nolans been that bad I'm starting to think it's actually Nicky Butt

On more than one occassion he has looked EXACTLY like Nicky Butt in the midfield.

Passage of play normally goes like this.

Ball passed to Nolan in midfield. He has 10 yards of space between him and the nearest defender. Tries to take his first touch without looking at the ball. Ball richochets off his leg and Nolan moves over to grab it. He now only has 5 yards of space. Having gathered control of the ball, Nolan commences moving towards the goal at almost full pace. The ball is almost casually dribbled at times it's dangerously far from him but it's ok because at his blistering pace there's no way in the world that the opposing defender has closed the five yards of space. Except he has, and with ease he picks Nolan's pocket. Having been dispossesed perhaps from pure astonishment Nolan falls to the ground like he has been fouled, even though he clearly was not. Play continues and not only have we lost possesion but we're also left with only 10 players as Nolan indignantly picks himself up from the ground blowing hot air the entire time.

It's hard to believe we can be so bloody awful considering the players we have.

Swansea are giving us a lesson on how to keep the ball, pass the ball, and how to play football. It's beyond depressing.

Why is Williamson on the bench?

On more than one occassion he has looked EXACTLY like Nicky Butt in the midfield.

Ball passed to Nolan in midfield. He has 10 yards of space between him and the nearest defender. Tries to take his first touch without looking at the ball. Ball richochets off his leg and Nolan moves over to grab it. He now only has 5 yards of space. Having gathered control of the ball, Nolan commences moving towards the goal at almost full pace. The ball is almost casually dribbled at times it's dangerously far from him but it's ok because at his blistering pace there's no way in the world that the opposing defender has closed the five yards of space. Except he has, and with ease he picks Nolan's pocket. Having been dispossesed perhaps from pure astonishment Nolan falls to the ground like he has been fouled, even though he clearly was not. Play continues and not only have we lost possesion but we're also left with only 10 players as Nolan indignantly picks himself up from the ground blowing hot air the entire time.

:rolleyes:

Routledge drives forward, ref plays an advantage so it falls to Guthrie

First thing he does is turn round and pass it back, completely slowing the momentum of the move.

The worst part is that the Swansea players know that it's going to happen, so they're breathing down the necks of our defense so that when they do get the ball passed back to them it doesn't realieve any pressure at all but instead they have to lump it forwards usually straight back to Swansea. Rinse and repeat.

You left out the part where he has a joke and a laugh with the ref/nearest player to mask the fact he's been shown up again :rolleyes:

This is shite, utter utter shite. Swansea are moving the ball well, passing to feet and pressing. We hit and hope and lob the ball to a zone. No wonder we've little possession. 1-0 down and thoroughly deserve it. We're unorganised and once more just don't want it. Shite.

This was so predictable. Before the game kicked off, i said we wouldn't get the ball and when we do, it would be hoofing the ball up field or not keeping the ball down and losing possession so easily. We are awful and I predict a play off place which we will lose. We will be in this league next season.

Where is the hunger, the desire, the TALENT????

I'd love to see our record over the last, say, 150 away league games.

We'd be lucky if we have won 20.

The same turgid shit every single away game.

Going through the motions, expecting a goal just to happen.

This was so predictable. Before the game kicked off, i said we wouldn't get the ball and when we do, it would be hoofing the ball up field or not keeping the ball down and losing possession so easily. We are awful and I predict a play off place which we will lose. We will be in this league next season.

Where is the hunger, the desire, the TALENT????

As per the Derby game, 100% with the oppossing side...

Guthrie, Nolan and Smith are woeful, not up for it at all.

Players who think they are better than what they are.

Thinking "don't worry I'm sure a Premiership team will come in for me, so I'll just continue to do as little as possible"

I reckon next game, leave all this shite back at the training ground, and play the likes of kadar, tavernier, etc the young lads up and coming and tell 'em to go out and play for the badge. Have 11 players go out there that want to play for newcastle and want to win. prove their worth