Swansea v Newcastle

ChezGiven

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The general problem is that we have no centre midfielder that can put his foot on the ball and pass it.

I knew Swansea would be hard to get the ball off. Thats just down to good coaching though.

How long have we being saying that for! :rolleyes:

Sousa would be a good shout to replace Hughton IF we go up maybe.

That was our main problem. Every ball was lobbed into a general area whereas they passed to feet mostly. I thought Routledge was a good outlet for us without any outstanding final product.

Well that was fun wasn't it, i thought i was just watching the Leicester match again!

Apart from Routledge who had a go the 3 in midfield want shooting for that match and Hughton as well for doing fuck all to change it. I actually forgot Smith was playing as apart from a couple of fouls he literally wasn't in the game at all. Guthrie was dire, woefully slow, caught in possession continually and couldn't pass, yet Nolan managed to make him look like a world beater with his "efforts".

When players need more than 5 seconds on the ball to do anything with it they need to have a word with themselves and if the manager is sitting their thinking it was fine then he's an imbecile. And when he did make a change he takes of the only player who has any pace other than Routledge!

Carroll had a shocker, but came up with an impressive header to snatch the point and the defence were ok, though i've no idea why Williamson had been dropped.

Still think we'll get promoted though, as we were a complete disgrace, they dominated for 90 mins and we drew, thats what this divison is like and Forest are now out of their unbeaten run and struggling with suspensions and injuries likely to hit them. But in the prem we will be ripped apart.

The general problem is that we have no centre midfielder that can put his foot on the ball and pass it.

I knew Swansea would be hard to get the ball off. Thats just down to good coaching though.

It's been our problem for a long time, and nothing's been done about it.

2 piss easy home games coming up now .................... its in the bag.

Your optomism is quite humourous at best, the pathetic way we have been playing for most of the season does not conjure up 'piss easy home games' at anytime.. We have already drawn 4 home games dropping 8 points and I'm sure you would have considered at least two of them 'piss easy games' which didn't turn out that way.

I wouldn't say so. I don't think you could coach players like Smith and Nolan to do that as it's just not in their game.

I wouldn't say so. I don't think you could coach players like Smith and Nolan to do that as it's just not in their game.

Your right...you either have it or you dont...smith can pass just of late hasnt been at the races...Nolan however an awful passer.

Guthrie should be encouraged to stay central, play higher up the pitch and really focus on through balls and spreading it outwide.

Routledge seems to have an eye for a pass, noticed a few times him playing a couple of clever balls through the defence...just not put on the ball enough to maximise it!

Williamson is our player and has looked good since he joined, not sure why he was dropped for a shite loanee in Hall.

Where was Jonas?

I consider Guthrie the best of our shit midfielders but he was shit today as well, and the less said about the rest of those wankers the better. If any of you think Barton is going to improve our fortunes, though, you should think again.

Best is awful and shouldn't play. Lovenkrands should never play on the wing, I thought we realised this last season but apparently the coaches now calling themselves manager and assistant manager must've missed that. If they can't tell when players are being wasted from being out of position that what are we paying them for?

Blatantly riding our luck here and I think our shit results are down to our out-of-his-league 'manager' and his know-nowt coaching staff. If we swapped Swansea's (or WBA's) setup for ours and kept our own players we'd win the league by April.

Williamson is our player and has looked good since he joined, not sure why he was dropped for a shite loanee in Hall.

Where was Jonas?

I consider Guthrie the best of our shit midfielders but he was shit today as well, and the less said about the rest of those wankers the better. If any of you think Barton is going to improve our fortunes, though, you should think again.

Best is awful and shouldn't play. Lovenkrands should never play on the wing, I thought we realised this last season but apparently the coaches now calling themselves manager and assistant manager must've missed that. If they can't tell when players are being wasted from being out of position that what are we paying them for?

Blatantly riding our luck here and I think our shit results are down to our out-of-his-league 'manager' and his know-nowt coaching staff. If we swapped Swansea's (or WBA's) setup for ours and kept our own players we'd win the league by April.

Well said fella!

"It was a happy dressing room after the game and we can regroup now and look forward to a home game with Coventry on Wednesday and a chance to get three points."

I hope that's just bullshit talk. No way in the world there should have been anything even resembling a happy dressing room after that match.

Very harsh on Best. Did more than Loven did all game. Actually won an header and put in a good cross.

This, and not just because he shares my surname. Did more than Carroll tbh.

no, he didn't. :rolleyes:

Andy Carroll is the worst centre-forward I have ever seen play for Newcastle tbh

Even Andy Walker and Justin Fashanu were better than him

:rolleyes: what unmitigated bollocks.

Stephan Guivarch', Paul Dalglish, Carl Cort, Paul Robinson, Andreas Anderson, to name but a few

Andy Carroll is the worst centre-forward I have ever seen play for Newcastle tbh

What a load of bollocks. But then you do rate Caçapa as the best centre half in our history don't you, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

;) what unmitigated bollocks.

Stephan Guivarch', Paul Dalglish, Carl Cort, Paul Robinson, Andreas Anderson, to name but a few

Aye, slightly over the top like :rolleyes:

The ones you name also had higher expectations. Especially Guivarch.

What a load of bollocks. But then you do rate Caçapa as the best centre half in our history don't you, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

Speaking of top centre halves, can I just throw in that letting Faye go to stoke was a tragedy. One of their top performers week in week out playing centre half. A snip at 1M.

Speaking of top centre halves, can I just throw in that letting Faye go to stoke was a tragedy. One of their top performers week in week out playing centre half. A snip at 1M.

I could never figure that one out. He was a good CB and £1m was nothing money. I wonder if there is more to that transfer than we know about?

I could never figure that one out. He was a good CB and £1m was nothing money. I wonder if there is more to that transfer than we know about?

I think he wanted to move further South? Something like that.

I think he wanted to move further South? Something like that.

Didnt he chin N'Zogbia?

As for Carroll...imo the boy has massive potential, he needs a regular partner upfront with pace and good movement and service from midfield...just like any striker does!

He is good with the ball at his feet, brilliant in the air and has showed on a number of occasions this season he is a pretty good finisher too.

HE NEEDS SERVICE.