Tooj

I think I've questioned Keegan's behaviour on here about this before and been shot down. You look at Benitez trying to change things from within and you have to ask why Keegan didn't do the same. Even something as simple as going public with his concerns could have put pressure on them to change. I tend to agree that he was looking for a way out. His reasons for leaving the first time round seem a little bizarre to me as well. Love him but I bet he's an arse of an employee.

25 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Interesting account. Certainly doesn't paint Keegan as favourably as we had assumed.

If you believe that, then I have some magic beans you may like to buy?

The tide is turning for these cunts in the media and they are full PR offensive in an attempt to muddy the waters.

If Ashley didn't want to buy Newcastle and then had an opportunity to sell, why didn't he? Because it, like everything from them is bullshit.

• Like 4

Jimenez also said that he was only brought in to help Ashley sell the club. “Mike wanted me to sell the club on the basis of my relationships in the Middle East so I came in under the cover story of working in player recruitment,” Jimenez said. “If he had played his cards right Mike could have sold Newcastle to Abu Dhabi before they bought Manchester City.”

:suicide:

42 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I think I've questioned Keegan's behaviour on here about this before and been shot down. You look at Benitez trying to change things from within and you have to ask why Keegan didn't do the same. Even something as simple as going public with his concerns could have put pressure on them to change. I tend to agree that he was looking for a way out. His reasons for leaving the first time round seem a little bizarre to me as well. Love him but I bet he's an arse of an employee.

Keegan certainly doesn't seem to be the kind of person who can handle being lied to in the way that Benitez has though. 

Otherwise agree, I doubt it all went down entirely as either side is describing it. That said, I'd trust Keegan far, far more on the stuff that they both recount - I imagine the truthful bits about Jimenez's story are the bits on which Kevin hasn't expressed an opinion.

Edited by Rayvin

So Keegan turned down Benzema who apparently we could have bought without blowing our £25m budget despite the fact he went for well over £25m a year later. 

It’s amazing that this man isn’t still involved in football with scouting skills like that.

Edited by ewerk

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

We've all had those Sunday mornings where you wake up and realise that you bought a Premier League club during the previous night's drunken stupor. 

unfortunately for one poor sod he got so drunk he bought sunderland.. imagine that?

If the pressure building on Ashley goes in some way to driving the fucker out before the end f the season the (apparently unintentional?) tim8mg of the release of KK book and the widespread exposure given to the parcel of fuckin shit Ashley has turned the club into will certainly be seen as having contributed towards fattys exit. Cheers Kev :good: 

Wont be at the sage gig but will be at this,  Manu v United @1730 on the box afterwards :D

https://www.waterstones.com/events/meet-kevin-keegan/southampton-west-quay

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

If the pressure building on Ashley goes in some way to driving the fucker out before the end f the season the (apparently unintentional?) tim8mg of the release of KK book and the widespread exposure given to the parcel of fuckin shit Ashley has turned the club into will certainly be seen as having contributed towards fattys exit. Cheers Kev :good: 

Wont be at the sage gig but will be at this,  Manu v United @1730 on the box afterwards :D

https://www.waterstones.com/events/meet-kevin-keegan/southampton-west-quay

A booking fee to buy a book?

Literally nothing about Jimenez’s version of events rings true. Keegan refusing to sign world class players whilst not even being in control of transfers is a fucking classic though. Also makes sense not to sell a club you never wanted to buy in the first place. :lol: Anyone else going to see KK on Tuesday night btw? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

You're aware this knacker is a proven liar? :lol:

I just barely remember his name tbh, so no, not really - although given he's in Ashley's camp, it's a fair assumption. I just find the notion that Keegan was somehow perfect in every way to be naive.

34 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I just barely remember his name tbh, so no, not really - although given he's in Ashley's camp, it's a fair assumption. I just find the notion that Keegan was somehow perfect in every way to be naive.

I think you can dismiss Jimenez's version of events without thinking Keegan is perfect in every way. Who's arguing the latter is true anyway?

44 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Was it fuck. You got a signed copy of his book but by January anyone interested in going would already have a copy.

46 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Was it fuck. You got a signed copy of his book but by January anyone interested in going would already have a copy.

:lol: that's abysmal 

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think you can dismiss Jimenez's version of events without thinking Keegan is perfect in every way. Who's arguing the latter is true anyway?

My point has been that Keegan probably wasn't perfect and people seem to be arguing with it.

It's not even like any of this matters though.