Tooj

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

My point has been that Keegan probably wasn't perfect and people seem to be arguing with it.

It's not even like any of this matters though.

The tribunal found that Rayvin repeatedly and intentionally misled the public and the members of Toontastic.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I just barely remember his name tbh, so no, not really - although given he's in Ashley's camp, it's a fair assumption. I just find the notion that Keegan was somehow perfect in every way to be naive.

Nobody's perfect but Kev was pretty close to it. Love the bloke. :good:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Anyone gone to.the sage?? :unsure:

Yeah. Great atmosphere and some canny anecdotes. Nothing exactly earth-shattering but he was on good form and the affection he has for the region, city and club is still very apparent.

• Like 1

At the Sage last week, a giant banner was unfurled showing Keegan in that iconic black and white strip and emblazoned with one word: “Honesty.” It was taken to the last home game, along with a similar banner for Benítez bearing its own message: “Hope.” The stewards pulled them both down and that, more than anything, probably sums up Newcastle United in the Mike Ashley years. A football club that could do with some honesty and hope.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/oct/07/will-newcastle-ever-truly-be-set-alight-under-the-mike-ashley-regime

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't sure what thread to post this in so thought I'd put it in here, been watching some old clips and flicked through this one. Unbelievable potential at the club at this point in time, quality right through the squad, a hungry manager with a vision and the full backing from the owner. Feels like a bygone era now.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've finally got round to reading his book.

Wow.  One of the best biogs I have read in a long time.  The bloke is a legend and dreamy as fuck.  The way he speaks about Shankly brought a lump to my throat.  The way he was treated by Newcastle and Corbidge in particular.  The fucking cunt.  When I was reading it, Cummings sprang to mind immediately in the way he was dictating things and how Sheppard and Co sat back and allowed it.  I also love the way he speak of Fergie.  You can tell he hates the red nosed bullying cunt through and through.  Yet he's the only one really to have the minerals to say it.  Sycophantic cunts like Tyldesley suck the red nosed cheating bullying bastard off.  Not Wor Kev.

Wow, I couldn't love the man any more.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Wow.  One of the best biogs I have read in a long time.  The bloke is a legend and dreamy as fuck.  The way he speaks about Shankly brought a lump to my throat.  The way he was treated by Newcastle and Corbidge in particular.  The fucking cunt.  When I was reading it, Cummings sprang to mind immediately in the way he was dictating things and how Sheppard and Co sat back and allowed it.  I also love the way he speak of Fergie.  You can tell he hates the red nosed bullying cunt through and through.  Yet he's the only one really to have the minerals to say it.  Sycophantic cunts like Tyldesley suck the red nosed cheating bullying bastard off.  Not Wor Kev.

Got a signed copy that night at the Sage but still haven’t got round to reading it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

The two people I'd love to see the Saudis bring back to the club in official roles are KK and Rafa, it's just as shame SBR has passed as he'd be the third. Fuck off all these brown nosing cunts who have supported the fat cunt in the name of a pound.

KK as official ambassador and RB as manager with a plan for him to move up to DOF in 5 or 6 seasons once the club has stabilised and the plan is on it's way.

The two of them may have different footballing styles but you just know their enthusiasm for the club and the area would have them on the same path.

Ambassador is pretty much a pointless position though you do wonder if Keegan could speak to transfer targets, there aren't too many better at selling the club than him.

And I'm not a fan of managers moving to DoF and I can't imagine any manager worth their salt would be too happy about it either.

• Like 2