Tooj

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Ambassador is pretty much a pointless position though you do wonder if Keegan could speak to transfer targets, there aren't too many better at selling the club than him.

And I'm not a fan of managers moving to DoF and I can't imagine any manager worth their salt would be too happy about it either.

So basically you're saying fuck you, I don't agree and both of them can fuck off and not come back?!?? :stars:

Keegan walking into a room with the targeted player and his agent, NUFC tracksuit on and just starting to talk about juggernauts or massive ships steaming past small boats etc. Five mins and big funds later and he'd be walking out the room with a big net over his shoulder and an entangled M'bappe not knowing what hit him. :lol:

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, sammynb said:

The two people I'd love to see the Saudis bring back to the club in official roles are KK and Rafa, it's just as shame SBR has passed as he'd be the third. Fuck off all these brown nosing cunts who have supported the fat cunt in the name of a pound.

KK as official ambassador and RB as manager with a plan for him to move up to DOF in 5 or 6 seasons once the club has stabilised and the plan is on it's way.

The two of them may have different footballing styles but you just know their enthusiasm for the club and the area would have them on the same path.

Rafa and Keegan together would never work imo. One is too enthusiastic the other one too pragmatic. They wouldn’t compromise and clash at the very first opportunity.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Keegan walking into a room with the targeted player and his agent, NUFC tracksuit on and just starting to talk about juggernauts or massive ships steaming past small boats etc. Five mins and big funds later and he'd be walking out the room with a big net over his shoulder and an entangled M'bappe not knowing what hit him. :lol:

8 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Rafa and Keegan together would never work imo. One is too enthusiastic the other one too pragmatic. They wouldn’t compromise and clash at the very first opportunity.

I see KK's role exactly as described by Howmanheyman, also add him to the process of securing academy players and everyone would be wanting to play for Rafa's Newcastle.

Sorry Wolfgang but I disagree, KK of old would have disagreed with Rafa's footballing pragmatism but I doubt he would these days and he would relish his role as the "closer."

He would know his days as a manager are over and I doubt he want the hassle at his age.

Also Rafa is smart enough to know the benefit of having a club legend as part of the set-up so it would be win win.

16 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Both ambitious and would want to progress in their own way. Slow and steady incremental improvements from Benitez, predicated on a solid defence. Reach for the stars excitement from Keegan, predicated on fucking loads of attackers.

35 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Both ambitious and would want to progress in their own way. Slow and steady incremental improvements from Benitez, predicated on a solid defence. Reach for the stars excitement from Keegan, predicated on fucking loads of attackers.

Where the fuck have you bunch of clowns got the idea that I was suggesting the both work together in a managerial/team capacity.

It's like talking to a room full of CTs sometimes.

• Haha 5

• 1 month later...

https://www.football365.com/news/everybody-loves-kevin-keegan-liverpool-newcastle-england

We live in terrible times when leadership, moral grit and upright decency is in short supply from those who seek to boss us. KK is the antidote to all that shite and a timely reminder that not everyone is a venal, amoral prick.

And who knows, it wouldn’t be a total surprise if he returned to football in some unexpected capacity even now. He’s never done anything on anyone else’s terms to less than 100% of his ability. So, raise a bottle of Brut 33 to Mighty Mouse: a man like none before him and like none ever will be again.

:wub:

Edited by Sonatine
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/newcastle-forgotten-entertainers-i-lost-70-of-the-vision-in-my-right-eye/

The Newcastle United side of the mid-1990s boasted one of the most revered squads in football history. The likes of Alan Shearer, Les Ferdinand, Peter Beardsley and David Ginola still enjoy deity-like status on Tyneside, a place where Kevin Keegan is still referred to as a Messiah, having come so close to making Geordie dreams come true.

On the periphery of The Entertainers were its supporting cast; young prospects huddled together in their own corner of the changing room, rubbing shoulders with club greats as they dreamed of stardom.

Now, 25 years on, Chris Holland, Jim Crawford, Paul Brayson and Darren Huckerby share untold stories with Jonathon Rogers about the highs and lows of being a part of one of the greatest teams, and indeed storylines, the Premier League has ever seen.

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

The world’s greatest living Englishman... 70 tomorrow :nufc:

There is an utterly brilliant article by Shearer in The Athletic today. Some interesting stuff that’s not been said before...

https://theathletic.co.uk/checkout/?plan_id=48&pc=plpintro6uk&source=googleuksearchads&ad_id=479815731335&gclid=CjwKCAiAjp6BBhAIEiwAkO9Wupup76UrQlox182iYlV0J2kKedcEuM_gsSNJxTMdNmMHMAtcAfYb8hoCtnMQAvD_BwE

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The world’s greatest living Englishman... 70 tomorrow :nufc:

There is an utterly brilliant article by Shearer in The Athletic today. Some interesting stuff that’s not been said before...

https://theathletic.co.uk/checkout/?plan_id=48&pc=plpintro6uk&source=googleuksearchads&ad_id=479815731335&gclid=CjwKCAiAjp6BBhAIEiwAkO9Wupup76UrQlox182iYlV0J2kKedcEuM_gsSNJxTMdNmMHMAtcAfYb8hoCtnMQAvD_BwE

Bloody hell @PaddockLad, copy and paste lad, copy and paste!

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I did!  :lol:  

Youre obviously some sort of antipodean url wizard...

The whole article, not the friggin url, I cannot read it all I get is:

Every football story that matters for £1 a month.
Breaking news. In-depth stories. Advert-free.
Limited Time Offer

£1/month
£7.99/month
Billed Monthly
PROCEED TO CHECKOUT