Firefox Problems

Nyff

I recently(ish) started using Google Chrome, but after having some problems with it I shifted back to using Firefox. Now it seems that my Firefox doesn't save cookies (I think), because when I leave a site and close down Firefox, I won't be logged in when I revisit the site, and thus have to type in my username/password every time (It does save my passwords, though, which helps).

Another problem is that sometimes Firefox will be taking up crazy amount of my CPU, and, in what I think is a related issue, streaming videos will lagg and stutter. The videos issue is something I had with Chrome, mind, so I don't know what it could be.

Any help is very welcome.

Only recently updated my flash to try and solve the problem, but it didn't really change too much!

EDIT: Saying that, Youtube appears to be working for me again...

Edited by Nyff

Don't know if it's related, but my Facebook chat is playing up and going slow, as are little things on here. I think what links them all is Java, is that right? Certainly when I disabled Java I couldn't use FB chat properly, and the fast reply box was always here regardless of if I had clicked the button or not...

• 4 weeks later...

I had (and still do have) problems with CPU useage. Completely uninstalled deleted the programme from the registry and re installed. The problem is a little better but it's still using excessive CPU in comparison to Chrome.

Actually debating moving completely over to Chrome, With the ammount of time/money they're plugging into this I wonder if it will ever get to the same popularity that Firefox has at the moment?

Lets have a little comparison if you will nyff?

I have two windows open in firefox, one on toontastic and the other on facebook. my current cpu usage is: 121k

IE with the same two tabs runs at 42k

Chrome with the same two tabs runs at 88k in total (4 different chrome.exe when you have two tabs open)

So FF has by far the most amount of CPU usage for two very easy to read web pages with no media etc.

What is your FF cpu running at?

With this very window open, and Facebook open in another tab Firefox is running at 48K. Explorer runs at half that CPU usage, although I wasn't logged in to either Facebook or TT (if that makes a difference). Haven't bothered to install chrome again as Firefox has been running fine.

I just wonder if there is some sort of problem to do with a build up of stuff? Don't what that could be, but certainly I never had problems with FF until recently. Had ran fine on an old laptop w/ XP, on the old PC with XP, and for the majority of time on this laptop with Vista. Was only in the last few months that it started playing up. Will just have to wait and see if I get problems after prolonged use of it in Windows 7!

I just wonder if there is some sort of problem to do with a build up of stuff? Don't what that could be, but certainly I never had problems with FF until recently. Had ran fine on an old laptop w/ XP, on the old PC with XP, and for the majority of time on this laptop with Vista. Was only in the last few months that it started playing up. Will just have to wait and see if I get problems after prolonged use of it in Windows 7!

Let me know if you do. At the moment I can put up with the high cpu usage as it isn't affecting other programmes on my computer and it still runs fast enough