Stone Temple Pilots

Park Life

What we're really looking at is not only how space is organised, but possibly how life came about in the universe. Black hole swallowing itself and ejecting mass. The Mayans for one knew this and it looks like the Jewish kabballah and the numbers of the face of god 72....and the tree of life (the 64 bit tetrahydon) were aware of it too.

Essentially the propositon is that life on this planet has been more advanced than us in its past.

I find nothing controversial in the idea of non-linear development. Only religions and creationists have taught us otherwise, ironically.

Good lad. ;)

They kept the best things from us the buggers.

But the equalizer is coming and this time it's for real. :rolleyes:

Egyptologists work for 'them'.

http://www.geoman.com/jim/pyramid.html

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What we're really looking at is not only how space is organised, but possibly how life came about in the universe. Black hole swallowing itself and ejecting mass. The Mayans for one knew this and it looks like the Jewish kabballah and the numbers of the face of god 72....and the tree of life (the 64 bit tetrahydon) were aware of it too.

Essentially the propositon is that life on this planet has been more advanced than us in its past.

I find nothing controversial in the idea of non-linear development. Only religions and creationists have taught us otherwise, ironically.

Good lad. <_<

The hand inside the jacket is a masonic symbol ala Napoleon. ;)

Check out the Sphynx...ha ha predates the pyramids by 3000 yrs water erosion...

From here we go sublime...

Good lad. <_<

Some reading

The Traveler's Key to Ancient Egypt; by John Anthony West

Serpent in the Sky; by John Anthony West

Fingerprints of the Gods; by Graham Hancock

Heaven's Mirror; by Graham Hancock

The Message of the Sphinx; by Robert Bauval and Graham Hancock

Voyages of the Pyramid Builders; by Robert Schoch

Gods of Eden; by Andrew Collins

Good lad. :(

Some reading

The Traveler's Key to Ancient Egypt; by John Anthony West

Serpent in the Sky; by John Anthony West

Fingerprints of the Gods; by Graham Hancock

Heaven's Mirror; by Graham Hancock

The Message of the Sphinx; by Robert Bauval and Graham Hancock

Voyages of the Pyramid Builders; by Robert Schoch

Gods of Eden; by Andrew Collins

Cheers mate. Read a couple. <_<

You'll like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzKp2PeXeWI

The most likely reason for pyramids appearing in all these places isn't some ancient worldwide civilisation. It's because the only way to build tall buildings before arches were invented/discovered was to start with a wide base and pile upwards.

The most likely reason for pyramids appearing in all these places isn't some ancient worldwide civilisation. It's because the only way to build tall buildings before arches were invented/discovered was to start with a wide base and pile upwards.

See, that's what I was trying to say. ;)

See, that's what I was trying to say. :icon_lol:

I know Fishy. ;)

It's the story of what's inside them, the story of where they are, the story of our past....

As Parky says, its not the shape of the building that binds them as sites and points to a shared civilisations. Its the shared geometric representations (precessional numbers) of complex astronomy in all those site that was not understood in judeo-christian world until quite recently. They all demonstrate an understanding that the earth wobbles on its axis once every 25,000 years. Cambodia, Mexico, Egypt all clearly all show that whoever built them, knew that the wobble changes where the sun will rise on each equinox.

Anyway, to describe them as the result of piling rock upwards, makes all this look a bit mad

The hemispherical map projection is particularly intriguing. The apex of the Pyramid, for example, corresponds to the geographical pole, while the perimeter of the Pyramid corresponds to the equator, both in proper scale. Each flat face of the Pyramid was designed to represent one curved quarter of the northern hemisphere (a spherical quadrant of 90°). This is more difficult than one might imagine, for in order to project a spherical quadrant onto a flat triangle correctly, the arc, or base of the quadrant must be the same length as the base of the triangle, and both must have the same height.

This can only happen in a pyramid if the slope angle allows for a p relationship between the height of the pyramid and its base. In this relationship the side (S) of the Great Pyramid, divided by twice the height (H) must equal p divided by four, i.e.:

S / ( 2 x H ) = p / 4

The slope angle, a, between the slope of the pyramid’s side and the horizontal is given by tan a = 2 x H / S = 2 x 480 feet / 754 feet, such that a = 51.853318324... °. This angle becomes extremely important in the construction of pyramids, great and otherwise, and we will return to it shortly.

The slope angle is intriguingly similar to 360°/7 = 51.42857142857...° This similarity is discussed in more detail in Nines.

It is clear that the builders of the Great Pyramid knew their Sacred Geometry, as well as the importance of the Golden Mean. By choosing the proper dimensions, they managed to ensure that the area of each face of the Great Pyramid is exactly equal to the square of the pyramid’s height. This is a nice trick, and is accomplished by choosing the slope of the Pyramid such that the apothem equals 1.618 times half the side of the base.

For example, if half the side of the Great Pyramid (S/2) is set equal to 1, the height of the Pyramid equals ÖF (F being the Golden Mean), and the apothem (the distance from the midpoint of a side, along the face of the pyramid, to the top) equals F. In some respects, this is simply the Pythagorean Theorem where the square of the hypotenuse (F) equals the sum of the squares of the sides (1 and ÖF).

The scale mentioned in the bit in bold is 1:25,800, the number of years it takes the earth to wobble and therefore for a sign of the zodiac to return to its original place on the morning horizons of the equinoxes.

I'm familiar with the geometry and the use of the golden ratio (in the Egyptian ones at Giza anyway). How does the above show they knew about precession though?

I've heard precession used in suggesting a shaft in the Great Pyramid at Giza pointed at Orion at a certain time of the year when the it was built (but it does not now because of precession). That ties in with theory that the 3 pyramids there represent the belt of Orion.

I think the knowledge acquired by these ancient civilisations (a lot of which will never be known/is academic speculation) is an incredible testament to human intelligence but it's easy to see why they would have closely observed the heavens, worshipped the sun etc. In fact worshipping the sun is the only 'religion' that makes any sense imo.

If you weren't so scrupulously objective and disinclined to finding hidden meanings in everything, Parky I'd suggest you were just seeing what you wanted to see.

So I'm glad I don't have to come to that conclusion. ;)

If you weren't so scrupulously objective and disinclined to finding hidden meanings in everything, Parky I'd suggest you were just seeing what you wanted to see.

So I'm glad I don't have to come to that conclusion. ;)

I know you don't know what you mean. :icon_lol:

So basically, there was a huge civilisation that existed prior to the last ice age and some snippets of that knowledge have been kept over the thousands of years since its beginning and end(the ice age that is)

As Steven Oppenheimer said in his last book (the origins of the british) we are all basically ice age refugees that some how knew where to migrate back too after the ice receded .That would sugest that there was already a civilisation in place so that the storys and heritage of those tribes lived on for the next 2000 years.

which would also indicate a much older culture

Edited by chris p

So basically, there was a huge civilisation that existed prior to the last ice age and some snippets of that knowledge have been kept over the thousands of years since its beginning and end(the ice age that is)

As Steven Oppenheimer said in his last book (the origins of the british) we are all basically ice age refugees that some how knew where to migrate back too after the ice receded .That would sugest that there was already a civilisation in place so that the storys and heritage of those tribes lived on for the next 2000 years.

which would also indicate a much older culture

We're looking at around 10 to 12,000 BC for some of the more intersting stuff. Warm periods between ice ages on average tend to last about twenty thousand years. I like to mix in with this the facts (that nasa are beginning to come around to) that Mars had water and an atmostphere. ;)